Closed Thread
Page 55 of 95 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodie - I'm so so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you.

Pixel - how frustrating that you have to wait, but glad that they can get them tomorrow for you. I'm praying its good news for you.

Sunny - I'm feeling a bit average at the moment. I don't have morning sickness but I start to feel really nauseous around 4pm and it continues on until after dinner. I'm just trying to keep little healthy snacks in my bags so that my stomach is never too empty as the emptier I am the worse it feels. I don't have a dry mouth - but have a really off metallic taste in my mouth on occasions. I have also noticed that hormonal headache feeling appearing in the top of my neck since thursday and I have not had a headache since the day I got off the plane in Cape Town.... I start alternating the Gestone with the pessaries as of tomorrow. My butt has grown a butt from the injections and has become strangely accustomed to the injections as I only have a couple of small bruises. But I have been using the Arnica Gel almost every day and on my stomach for the Clexane injections. It has worked wonders for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jodi sweetie......... devastating news, so sorry to hear, I honestly thought it would be a yes this time for you. It's so unfair, why does it work first time for some and not for others (bloody lotto game). You've tried so hard and been so positive with absolutely everything. I have so much respect for you. Big hug and lots of tears, so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba - Welcome back, thanks for sharing your EXCITING up and coming trip, End October is just around the corner!! Good luck!

Crystal - Oh gosh, I really feel for you and know how you feel. I'm sure you will find the right one, it just takes so much time doesn't it.

I spent hours and hours & 2-3 weeks looking for donors, I'd get up at 5am & view all the profiles, home at 7pm and do the same till as long as I could stay awake, and then I would automatically wake up around 2am, pretty much every night and check emails, email the agencies and ask any questions - it really ended up been quite a chore (which worried me & started to get to me), as it was meant to be exciting and I thought it would be easy) - It really got me down in the end (and I'm not a downer person!). I Googled all sorts of websites and research on age of donors, smokers (as so many of these young ladies smoke!) proven vrs non proven etc and then on top of it what we wanted in a donor - which went out the door in the end, and we've chosen a donor that is nothing like me & some of the family health history is also unknown - we wanted squeaky clean family health... pretty much impossible to find....... In the end, we settled for what was most important to us & why we were doing this (to give ourselves the best change of a pregnancy)..... that criteria ended up been: a child already, high egg numbers, previous successful donations and under 23.

It took a lot of time to find that, as most of the agencies don't advertise the egg numbers from previous donations or the number of frozen embryo's from that donation (of course it depends on sperm health as well). The agencies really just had whether they had donated before, and sometimes if it was "successful" or not. In my research I also read that some agencies interpretation of "successful" is not what we term as successful - which is a pregnancy (well that's my interpretation of it!!). So, I spent many hours emailing the agencies back and forth asking these questions, some had it on hand, others had to contact the clinic to request the information (another few days wait time to find out!), and some answers were a bit vague.

I found it terribly difficult to choose. I struggled with it and really felt like I was on the brink of having a meltdown! I am fully aware, that even though we feel like we couldn't really have chosen any better, that it does not mean that it will automatically work. I read everyone's journeys on here, the successes and disappointments and really am realistic in my expectations. Not that, that is going to save me from a much feared emotional melt down if it doesn't work!

I wanted to thank all of you that are coming forward and sharing and contributing to this forum. It helps us all so very much... I tend to waffle on a bit, its good therapy!! but I also know the information we share helps others that may be in the same position or wondering about something, no matter how small or trivial it may seem - whether it's flights, accommodation, car hire, medications, processing of reasoning and choices etc ! It's all extremely valuable information and removes a lot of the fear of the unknown.

I was a quite hesitant in the beginning of joining this forum, as I've never been on one before & was a bit scared of saying the wrong thing at first. I have found it the opposite, everyone has been so welcoming and helpful and friendly. xx

Thank you girls from the bottom of my heart for sharing - I really mean it.
    Last edited by sootymay; 21-09-2013 at 06:50.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well said Sooty....and thank you for your contributions too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, I am so so sorry I too hope your forming a plan B as I type this, its just so disappointing after everything that goes into this

Sooty, I agree with everything you said

Pixel, I have everything crossed for you!!! I can't wait

We've made a decision on a clinic and donor etc. we've decided to go with a clinic in Czech Republic in Zlin, for anyone that may read this and they're looking for info about Cape Fertility. I would like to say they were wonderful with us while we were there, I have absolutely no complaints at all

Our decision came down to a few things pretty simple really, they offer PICSI which because my DH has had quality issues so maybe being able to pick out the absolute best we might get better quality embryos, they also offer a free cycle if there are no eggs retrieved and they guarantee two high quality 5/6 day blasts to put back. We only need to be there 5-7 days and we wanted to use the money and see another side of the world. I'm still hoping we've done the right thing but this just feels right for us.

I hope I can continue to post in here as well so I can keep up with where everyone is at

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - WOW - You are quite the globe trotter!! I thought going to SA was exciting enough. That's wonderful you've made a decision and can now get planning. That's fantastic with both grantees... can I ask how much the cycle will cost you in Oz$ ? Also what is PICSI?

Well done - moving forward to the next steps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JodiW - so sad to read your news. I really thought you would get a BFP. Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miracles do happen!

I am in shock but so happy right now we just got back from the GP who said the words "it's a positive" my DH was by my side (first time we have ever got a result together normally me at work over the phone).

We cried with joy and l couldn't talk to the GP for a bit he didn't know what was going on and after we told him of our years of trying he calked the pathology to check his interpretation as I think he then became worried to get our hopes up.

Its a low positive at 26 but I tested a day early and of course will need to retest on Monday etc to see that it sticks but bugger worrying about getting my hopes up I've waited to many years to hear those words to not celebrate the moment now.

You guys have been amazing and I really couldn't have done the last 12 months of donor cycles stuff without you, I know the joy I have felt and the heartache I have shared as I have read all of your journeys and each and everyone of you has offered me such support, positivity, and a feeling I could share anything and know that it would be valued and respected. Thank you for that, I think its a rare find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal congrats on choosing a clinic I read lots of good things about that clinic and love the cheq republic so it will be a magical place to explore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PIXEL...OMG Your PREGNANT!!! I am so happy for you, congrats!! awww that is fantastic news and so sweet you got to hear the news together. Don't worry about numbers right now just enjoy this time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (21-09-2013)