Closed Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the Cape Town Clinic have weight limits for treatment? Seen a few people losing weight on here and wondered if that was a requirement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelmama no they don't. If you are too overweight you do run the risk of pregnancy complications though and some, myself included, wanted to have the best chance possible. I will go back to losing weight when I get home, the food is just too good here and my husband is exercise shy not a good combination lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. I am not hugely overweight but when I read that it would just be one more stress I don't need to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Crystal - OMG I can't believe they won't treat you with FSH of 19 and low AMH! But on the other hand they are not just signing you on and taking your money which at least shows that they have morals. One of the clinics here in OZ did 2 cycles with my eggs when my FSH was 27 and another clinic flat out refused to treat me unless it was with donor eggs. Good luck picking a donor it's so hard as you really never know what you are getting

I wish my signature said "35 or even 38" that would make me more enthusiastic to try and try again. I can't help thinking of having a teenager when I am 60+ and not coping!!!

JodiW - glad you got to the bottom of the problem and it was the Arnica oil! Best of luck

Pixel - Fingers crossed for you

Angelmama - I don't think there is a strict weight requirement. I put on the 3kg from the yummy South African food and am just trying to shake that before summer

Bye for now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A quickie from me tonight.

A big good luck to Jodi and Pixel for tomorrow....I have EVERYTHING crossed for you and wishing you both lots of baby dust

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - oh you poor thing, how frustrating, 1 step forward, 2 sideways. I guess like January said, at least their not just grabbing your money, but still, once again it's conflicting information isn't it, one clinic/FS will other's wont. It may be for a reason at the end of the day... we can't always see it at the time, but sometimes that's just the way it is, and you may end up somewhere different all together. Ergh, deep breath and dive back into it, you 'll get around it and continue on, without that 6 month wait if you don't have to.. like you said another clinic or SA again. The Greece system does sound fantastic with the backup donor and that they really look at everything in depth too. I hadn't heard of going to Greece, mainly Spain and SA.

Apparently Spain has a refund policy if you aren't pregnant in 3 cycles... but you do have to pay upfront for 3 cycles I think.. there's some sort of arrangement - and of course that's even more money. I've got a really long email from them when we were just starting to seed the thought of donor eggs, prior to our last cycle with my own eggs, if anyone is interested, I can forward the email, or give you the details.

Rainbow - oh wow, fancy showing already !! Hopefully you've got some baggy-ish clothes to hide your growing bump? Gosh I wish my FS was like that. Its reassuring that you can call him and that you were able to get the blood tests when you spotted. Sorry - I thought it was this Thursday for the scan.... 1 more week, and counting !

Pixel & Jodi - oooh one more day... my thoughts are with you both. xx

AFM - I had my phone apt with Dr Matthias in Sydney today... my so called "slightly elevated NK Cells" - in the words of my FS here.... are actually very high - CD57+ is 66/mm2 (apparently under 5 is normal) and CD56+ at 1317/mm2 - is very high too. I don't know what those numbers mean and am happy to be guided by Dr M. He is going to order more blood tests to shed some more light on what may be going on and email them to me. He was really very nice & said not to stress we had plenty of time before 5 November departure. He did say I would probably be wasting our money by trying IVF without treatment as they were so high. So there you go, I'm really glad I stumbled on the NK Cell thread and found Dr M's name on thread (I told him that's where I found out about him and how wonderful all the ladies thought he was, he was most humble and thanked me for passing that on to him. Nice). I did have a small pang of regret that I didn't find out more about this 3-4 years ago when my eggs were better. DH asked if wanted to cancel and try again with my own eggs. But you know what, I don't.... not for the risk & the emotional energy needed - I'm over it. This feels right now.
    Last edited by sootymay; 19-09-2013 at 20:51. Reason: was doing weird things, jamming

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good luck

Just a quick one to wish you luck Jodi

How wonderful if we both have a BFP, to be honest I'm not expecting it. It has been so many years hoping that its hard to conceive it actually happening. Which I know is not working with the "law of attraction" but BFN's is all I know. I'm hoping this will be the best weekend ever where I'll get the shock if my life.

I had a bath tonight in which I discovered some brown in the crinone leftovers so it didn't fill me with confidence and I have a full feeling like my period.

Crystal sorry to hear about the clinic, seems odd to have to wait until your 40s - did they want you to do the IVF cycle with them for your own eggs? I know how hard it is to start the donor search again.
    Is it Prague Medica that your looking at? I was looking at a couple of clinics there.
    Sooty good to hear Dr M is on the ball and confident for your treatment. If I don't have success this round I am going to get a second opinion for the immune issue as my FS has said its not a problem but gives peace of mind to have all bases covered and I haven't done the biopsy for NK.

anyway am going to get to pathology first thing and hope the results are in by 5pm so lll let you all know - its going to be a nervous day
    PS sorry I'm not good at quick ones
    Last edited by Pixel; 19-09-2013 at 23:11. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel and Jodie for you both today. I will be waiting with baited breath for GOOD news. Xxx

Jodie - glad to hear you sorted out the cause of the rash. Here's hoping no alcohol on the flight home for you.

Pixel - Crinone can irritate the cervix and sometimes cause a bit of brownish discharge. Don't loose hope yet Hun. Xx

Crystal - All I could think reading your post was WTF!!! I am sorry you have had to go back to the drawing board. Xx

Sooty - You seem to be now in great hands to put you in the best position for November. As for thinking about the 'should ofs' I am certain we are all guilty of that. I often kick myself for not starting sooner and also often wonder what if I had of used Saizen (HGH) for my last cycle. I don't know we could all drive ourselves mad with the what ifs. Good on you for being brave. Xx

Sunny - Mmmmm, sometimes those nearest and dearest can be painful. I know exactly what you mean about when the baby comes. As DH and I had been on such a protracted emotional journey. We wanted our own time with our little family. As such, we advised friends and family (including grandparents) that we did not want visitors for a few weeks. We sent out loads of pics and messages. However, we just wanted that time to ourselves. I know some people want and love lots of people around, but we didn't. Horses for courses I suppose and if I had my time over again I would do the same thing.

to everyone else. Xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013),Sunny15  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel, mark urgent on your blood form then you are sure to get it back quickly. One of the pathology labs posts results online, can't remember which one but you may want to check this saves waiting for doctors phone calls. You will find out before I get back on here again so best of luck

we are leaving Cape Town tomorrow lunch time, we are very sad to be going, I'm loving having someone clean up after me and to come home to a clean apartment and even have all of my washing all done.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - wow, how bad is it that your clinic didn't know how to read the results of your NK Cells test. Had you done many cycles with them following having your cells tested. If you did, I would be hammering on their door and demanding some money back because that is unacceptable.

Pixel & Jodie - wishing you both luck for today. Pixel - don't worry to much about a tinge of blood in the crinone, its notorious for making women irritated and in turn spotting occurs. I really hope this cycle is BFP for you xxx

Crystal - I'm sorry to hear that the clinic won't treat you at this stage, but agree with January that it's probably good to know that they are just not snatching your money? I had a FSH of 19 for one of my IVF cycles earlier this year and my FS told me that they would usually not do a cycle with a woman who had a FSH reading that high, but in my case, because my ovarian reserve was so low - it was up to me whether or not they would proceed. I did opt to go ahead that cycle, as I thought 1-2 eggs was better than no eggs, but that was the cycle that my body decided that it would ovulate through the Orgalutran (so I had to switch to an IUI cycle).

Angelamama - I too am guilty of an additional 3kgs from the EXCELLENT South African Food. (dreaming about it now actually) I baked Milktart on Monday night because we were all craving their beautiful food. I have no doubt that is also the reason my tummy appears to be showing so fast!! When I had my DD I was a good 40kgs overweight, had the perfect text book pregnancy. I lost all that weight a couple of years after she was born - but could not fall pregnant with an ongoing pregnancy on my own - so go figure?!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-09-2013)