Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel!!!- I can't wait for test day!!!!! This is going to be your BFP!!!! As for donors in Greece, I had to send photos of me and DH and photos of my kids and then Penny will choose from her donors so nope can't choose a donor. However, what I really liked was that she will stim one donor and also stim a second donor for just in case, so a backup. The donor that I don't use has her eggs retrieved and donor sperm is used to create embies for their embryo donation program.

Sooty, if you have wireless access on your mobile you can access the internet with your Australian phone at no charge. I used imessage to text my daughter. We just got a cheap $20 mobile in South Africa for the clinic to call us on, which I do recommend. We thought egg retrieval was going fine so headed out to pass some time and I got a call in the car to say there was a problem. He needed a few decisions to be made on the spot. We actually got a few calls from the clinic.

Allie, the costing will be pretty much the same as it was for South Africa, the major reason we looked at this clinic was because they stim a donor and a backup, they know their donors well so know what to expect from the donor. The other huge influence has been that they deal with ladies that have had either implantation failure or repeated implantation failure, immune problems etc. I loved South Africa and the clinic, they treated us amazing and were so helpful when the donor was having problems. However, if you only need donor eggs then this clinic is fab but I have years of infertility problems(14 to be exact) before even needing DE and the clinic in Greece looks a bit deeper before doing the cycle. Even though my Reproductive Immunologist is here in Australia and will be taking care of that, the clinic has a really good understanding of immunity issues and other issues like endo etc. which I believe helps.

January, my phone consultation is tonight I will let you know how it goes

Jodi, hope your hanging in there!!

Net, Good luck with your wieghtloss I still have 4 kilos to go before January gets here.

Its hard to keep up with everyone but I hope your all doing well

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (18-09-2013),sootymay  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crystal - that sounds amazing, stimming your donor and a backup...that's pretty special. Good luck with your phone consult tonight.

Rainbow - its always scary getting spotting or a bleed....glad to hear everything is okay. With those numbers, Im also backing in twins!

Allie - So sorry to hear of the loss of one of your twins....it must have hit you hard....understandable in taking some time away from BH. Enjoy Ireland...on my bucket list one day.

Sooty - Re: travelling with meds...I had a letter from my GP and I volunteered the information that I had the meds, including syringes at every airport security...they never even checked my bag...very very nonchalant about it all....Aust and South Africa. If you can afford it, get a tablet....DP and I are not overly techy, but we really valued the convenience of the tablet for emails and checking/booking tours etc.

Pixel - Welcome home . Re: Gestone injections...I haven't had any problems with the injections and I elected to go to 11 weeks on them. I have lumps on either side of my bum and the odd small bruise, but other than that, I prefer the injections over pessaries and Crinone any day. Good luck for Friday....I have everything crossed for you.

Laned - you made me laugh with your craving for pickled onions....Blue Banner pickled onions all the way for me...they are the best!!

Jodi - Good luck for Friday.

Anait - Got your email hun. Will sort out the photos and email them to you as soon as I can. DP was asking after you and DJ last night. He was wondering how you were going.

Angel - hope your FS has some answers for you.

Net - Besides the flooding...it sounds like everything is starting to fall into place for Barbados...woohoo!

DJ - how are you hun? DP says hello.

January, SH72, Jennilee -

AFM
    Survived the in-laws...just!!! Now I know why DP and his siblings call their fathers partner the Dragon-Lady. Example: DP, my mother and I did a bit of a spring clean before their arrival, but she kept telling me how much better she could do it!!!! She reckons she is going to fly up as soon as the baby is born...I will be having a little chat to DP when he comes back from work!

Im starting to thicken up around the middle, but that is due to the Prednisolone Monster....eating anything and everything....seriously, I have got to get under control. I so know what you mean Allie...why eat an apple when there is SO many more interesting things out there to eat....hence, pickled onions!!!

10 weeks today!!! All quiet with me....sometimes Im thinking too quiet. I had so much abdominal activity going on, but now hardly anything. It might be all very normal, but I have nothing to compare it with....this is all new unchartered territory for me. Nuchel scan on 1 Oct....think I will leave it until then to MAYBE change my signature block..thanks Laned, I was leaning towards 20 weeks...maybe go public too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If no body minds, I might update the Roll Call to add EDD dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Angelmama74 ?
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ? Nov/Dec)

Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan 2014)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar 2014)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    JodiW (2x5D)
    Pixel (2x3D)

BFP
    Rainbowchaser (2x3D)
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16 April 2014
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)

GRADUATES
    SVD (twin boys)
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS

BFP = 14 (13 fresh & 1 frozen/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1

Unkown Results = 5

Does anyone know what has happened to Chrisseytree and Happyheart1 above?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny - I love that you love your stats.. I do too! Hope all is well with you lovely? my DD is May 19. hopefully next Thursday, I will be able to tell you if we have one or two Springsroos on board!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a quick one from me. Thanks for all thinking of me, its the arnica oil that I am allergic too. Karin thought it might be the gestone too but I had no problems with it before nor had I had a problem before I used the arnica oil, the rash is clearing up now, I have very itchy skin still probably cause its so dry, but the rash has pretty much gone. She gave me the option to change over to pesseries but I prefer the injection, quick, easy and no mess lol. I might get a couple of pessaries so I can put moisturiser on and get rid of the dry skin and scratch marks though.

Pixel thinking of you cycle buddy hope alls going well

Allie sorry to hear about the twin, but its great to hear the other one is doing so well.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Angelmama74 ?
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ? Nov/Dec)

Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan 2014)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar 2014)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    JodiW (2x5D)
    Pixel (2x3D)

BFP
    Rainbowchaser (2x3D Frozen) EDD 19 May 2014
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16 April 2014
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)

GRADUATES
    SVD (twin boys)
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS

BFP = 14 (13 fresh & 1 frozen/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1

Unkown Results = 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny - I had to laugh when I read your post about your inlaws. Some people just have no idea of the impact of how their words/actions are perceived by others. I have a similar situation in our family. These people mean well, but have the capacity to really upset those around them emotionally - and that's the last thing you need when you have a new bub. Thanks for your note about my bleed. I am all good now. I just freaked out a bit - I guess I can't help but think the worst whilst in this phase and hate the fact that I won't be able to enjoy this pregnancy the way I should because I will worry about every little thing. The clinic have been great and my FS has given me his mobile and told me to call him personally any time of the day or night, which I really appreciate. I am not quite sure how I am going to keep hiding my tummy and BBs at work. I'm tall and slender and not sure if the fact that this is the 6th time I'm pregnant has anything to do with it - but I already have a little bump. My DH & DD both agree too. I just hope that's a good sign of everything developing along nicely?

Jodie - glad to hear they sorted you out. Only one more sleep for you and Pixel

Crystal - how fantastic that they can stim two donors for you. That is brilliant - and will be reassurance for you. It really does sound like you are on the right path now - and I agree that after 14 years, yes they most definitely need to look at different things. This clinic sounds really great and I really hope that it delivers you the outcome you deserve.

Net - how is everything going with you? Hope that the insurance company got onto everything quickly for you and that you are back to focusing on going to collect your little "Pirate of the Caribbean"

To anybody I have missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies,

My journey is never easy spoke to the clinic in Greece last night and I was told I'm too young for donor eggs. She feels with the immunity issues treated I can get pregnant on my own, I've discussed this with Dr.M during my last phone consult and he says no there's also low AMH which was 3.1 and high FSH which was 19 way too high, so he felt our best chance was donor eggs. I told her this and she said she would feel better if we tried naturally for 6 months and then went on to donor eggs. She said if I were established in my 40's she would agree to donor eggs straight away

For goodness sakes, 2 FS and a reproductive immunologist have all agreed on donor eggs, they wouldn't tell us that for no good reason. I really liked that clinic with the back up donor etc. So now we look at Cape town again, we looked at donors last night and there aren't many that suit at the moment. I'm also going to check out Prague. Not sure what else to do

Jodi, glad its only the Arnica oil

Hi everyone, hope your all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must have signed into my old account again?? That's really weird I couldn't get it work for the longest time so I hade to make a new account and now it signs me in.