Closed Thread
Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel, I have everything crossed for you!!! This has got to be the cycle:

Jodi, I wouldn't worry too much I'm sure all is fine and your BFP is coming quickly

January, tough decisions for sure I love the South African clinic but I'm not totally happy with the donor I had and I'm worried I'm going to make a bad choice again.

Sooty, they really look much worse then they are I have to order mine soon. As for the Clexane injections, I did not have a single customs officer ask me about the needles or meds in my carryon. I didn't have a letter on the way over I forgot mine, on the way back I did and they didn't ask.

AFM- I have a phone consultation with Serum IVF in Greece this coming Wednesday. I still haven't made my mind up if we'll go back to South Africa or go to Greece.

Net, good news you've got a doctor's go ahead!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

January  (17-09-2013),sootymay  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, no I'm not worrying about it just yet as Im thinking every cycle is different too. What I am worrying about is the huge rash on my ****, I used arnica oil and I think that is the culprit, its as itchy as anything, not a good look walking around scratching my **** madly in front of everyone lol I tried cannestan for the rash an ended up in welts so last night I wiped it over with alcohol wipes this morning its a little better but has started to spread to the other side at the injection point from last night I don't understand it, my hands were clean and I used a wipe to clean the area. Anyhow sent an email to Karin to see if she had come across this before. I hope it doesn't spread anymore of I won't have any bum left to inject.

im just wondering what next, you have to laugh or you go mad.

pixel how you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    My apologies for my long absence but I want you to know that I read your updates every day and I’ve been there for your highs and lows. First of all, Pixel and Jodi – GOOD LUCK!!! I’ve got everything crossed for you. Jodi, holy moly, that sounds uncomfortable! Maybe you have an allergic reaction? What did Karin say? I would be tempted to switch to pessaries, myself - OUCH.

Rainbowchaser – I never doubted that you would get a BFP for even a minute. As far as I can tell, obstacles just make you that more determined – how are you feeling? Wishmeluck, Sunny, Anait, Jennilee, BJ, I hope you’re all feeling ok with your pregnancies – mine’s been pretty easy on me, just a hangover that comes and goes, nothing too dramatic.

For those of you who have had disappointments – Donna, SH72, BB4Me, January, angelmama and others – I’m so sorry. I’m really impressed by how you’ve all rallied, though, and I’m happy to see you getting back on the horse, so to speak. BB4Me – I was so sad to hear of your miscarriage. I cried for you. How are you all doing? Crystal, Greece sounds lovely – what are the donors like there? I’m Irish/English so donors with a Mediterranean complexion wouldn’t work for me. Net, good luck! Sooty – when do you go over?

AFM, I’m well – 13 weeks and baby bump in progress. I put on a whack-load of weight already so I think I might need to cool it on the sweets and carbs and crisps. It wouldn't kill me to pick up an apple. I do need to ask January, though, to please do me a favour when you’re next updating the roll call. I lost one of my twins between 6 and 8 weeks. It was tough and it’s the main reason why I fell of the board. We had just gotten used to the idea of two when we were told that one had lost its heartbeat and wasn’t growing. I wasn’t surprised, though, strangely enough. Our RE had warned of us vanishing twin syndrome – apparently 20-30% of twin pregnancies end with one twin ‘vanishing’ (although its sac is still visible) and when we went in for our 8 week scan I held my breath, waiting for the news. Mostly we mourned our imagined future that had started to bubble through our panic – two little ones playing in the garden, sharing bunk-beds, laughing together. But it’s ok – our little one is growing well and, whenever we have a scan, it’s all go-go-go with his (I’m convinced) little legs running in place. Don’t know where he thinks he’s going…

Anyway everyone, know that I’m thinking of you and I’m sorry if I missed anyone – babydust to all.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

January  (17-09-2013),Sh72  (17-09-2013),Sunny15  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Allie sweetie, whilst it is lovely to read your news that you are coming up to 13 weeks, I am so sorry for the loss of your other little Angel. Wow, I didn't know the rate was so high. You made me laugh so much re the apple. I have got to say the only fruit I craved was oranges, other than that it was cheezels and pickled onions all the way for me. I haven't had any since. Xx

jodie - likewise, first thing I thought was allergy. I hope you have had some relief. The cramping may well be your little ones snuggling in. Like you, I found out the day before we flew out, I figured I too would have a few beverages if it didn't work. Lucky for me it was an alcohol free journey for me. I hope it's the same for you.

Pixel - hope you are trying your best to relax.

January - Hun, I don't know how I would have reacted, had we not got a BFP. You do what you have to do to get through this and get your beautiful BFP. XX

Sooty - I had my FS provide a letter listing drugs and likewise stating that some were injectable. The SA clinic further provided me with a letter re the POI for my return home. I had a bit of a barney with customs in SA on the way out. The guy was saying my letter should have had a Drs stamp??? I got quite aggressive (flight or fright) and said to him there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Drs letters that they were, signed, dated and on official letter head, hence a legal letter. He backed off then.

Net - OMG - what a pain. I hope your insurance sorted things out for you. Yuk, you poor thing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (17-09-2013),January  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, could the rash be from the Arnica oil? I love that stuff I brought 2 bottles back with me

Allie, The donors are not only Greek, they are also European so lots of blondes with blue/green eyes thankfully or it wouldn't work for us either. So sorry to read about your little angel but 13 weeks is an accomplishment !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,

Angelmama - I hope you get some answers which will make your decision a little easier

Crystal - Please let us know how you go with Serum in Greece. It sounds interesting and I know from my research they have a good selection of donors from Eastern Europe as well

JodiW- You poor love I am still recovering from the Gestone 2 months later. I have 2 hard lumps where the injections went and the area still feels bruised to touch and running is nothing short of torture. I went bathers shopping on the weekend and I seriously look deformed around the hips I don't think I will use them ever again!!! Sounds like you may need some medical advice as to whether it is an allergy or infection Best of luck for your BT this week

AllieOop - I have updated the roll call and am really sorry you lost one of your little ones. I have heard of this happening a lot with twins and it really is quite cruel. On the upside sounds like everything is going really well and congratulations on reaching your 2nd trimester

Net - All the best with your planning and weight loss attempts. I am back following the Michelle Bridges program to shift a very stubborn 3 kgs I put on in CT I can highly recommend the program

Sooty - Do you have dates yet for ET?

Pixel - Fingers crossed for you hun

Love to all
    Last edited by January; 17-09-2013 at 11:57.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi from Oz

Hi lovely ladies,

net- glad to hear things are nearly ready for Barbados - how long is the flight there? Sorry to hear of your flooding - water damage is the worst.

angelmama- good luck with your FET and sorry to hear of your miscarriage I hope your FS gives you some answers.

anait thanks for your well wishes

sootymay- I carried the needles in my carry on back to Oz and no one asked, I think I had a letter. This time i had one clexane in my carry on and the rest in check in and again no one asked. I think even if you have the script or info that says your doing IVF.

jodi thinking of you - Friday can't come quick enough but also its nice to be in the hopeful stage. I'm doing my test a day early as otherwise lll have to wait until Monday for the result and need to sort out extra meds (see below). Hope the rash has settled down.

Crystal I know the stress of choosing a donor again. Do you choose the donor in Greece or do they do the match? Greek islands for a little per treatment relax?let us know how the consult goes.

Allieoop- loved your catch up re food, thanks for thinking of me, congratulations for 2nd tri must be wonderful to have a bump and see the little one running - too funny, lm so sorry to hear of your loss of one of the twins we fall in love with them from the start.

AFM
    Got back last night from Thailand we had a great flight and Melbourne welcomed us with cold and rain but definitely not as bad as when we left.

Today was a lovely spring day so was nice to settle back in with lots of shopping to unpack and unfortunately lots of cleaning as my mum house sat for us but is not able to clean so got DH to do all the hard stuff but did find myself doing a lot of bending which I was self conscious about but couldn't help myself.

Other than our one melt down day before transfer I've felt really relaxed, calm and my emotions are in check (normally I have a sense of worry, anxiousness, fear sitting underneath) so I don't know if its having a 3 week holiday or I have finally surrendered. I of course will still be gutted if its a negative but just know that it will be okay and we can just try again. Surely I couldn't be unlucky 3 times not to get a "batch". Maybe lll get to travel the whole world by doing donor cycles - CT, Greece, Prague, US all still places to explore

We left sperm in Thailand as an option.

l stopped in at my drs today to get more scripts as the clinic only gave me drugs until the test day which falls on Saturday so if its a BFP I would not have enough.
    So got everything but they didn't stock the same progesterone (l'm on an oral tablet uterogestan twice a day and crinone once) I can get the crinone but it will be $200 a fortnight and they might be able to make an oral equilavant to uterogestan but I have the prontogest injections from SA so I'm wondering if I just switch to this? It seems crazy to choose the injections especially after everyone's bum stories but guess its just cost and I do find the crinone a bit irritating if I don't bath the following morning. I've emailed both FS so will see what they say. My preference would probably even be pessaries used anally - sorry way to much info

Hi to everyone I've missed and again I really appreciate knowing how many of you have posted your well wishes and support throughout this cycle - I know I'm well supported either way and that you all understand the journey even though its different for all of us.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allie - so good to hear from you, what a lovely newsy update. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of the twins & your dreams of 2, it's amazing isn't it - we immediately visualise the future, we can't help it, it must have been devastating. Its wonderful news your pregnancy is now going full steam ahead - and that is so funny about "him" running and "I don't know where he thinks he's going" - hee hee.

Pixel - Welcome back to Melbourne !! Yes you were greeted with a bit of wintery weather! Though we have had some gorgeous spring days, & daylight saving is starting 6 Oct I believe - whoo hoo! I'm so glad to hear your relaxed & have a great sense of humour about travelling the world if this one doesn't work out - imagine that !... BUT hopefully you wont be travelling for awhile yet OMG $100 a week for progesterone pressies/gel - I met a lady at the Time to Tell Seminar 6 months ago, they had come back from Denmark (her friend kindly donated for them) and her DH actually brought up the cost of the progesterone and to be ready for the hit to the hip pocket. I hope you get an answer from your FS on whats best & hopefully cheapest !!

Hi to everyone else, its great theres been lots of updates... gets tricky to keep up with everyone

Jodi - hope things are going well for you too other than your poor bum... that sounds very nasty... ouchy ouch....

Someone asked when our transfer is. Retrieval is booked for Monday 11th and transfer Sat 16th November, we leave Melbourne Cup evening ! I may not post much whilst over there, as I don't have mobile internet or a tab thingy (not up on tech. too much) - my sister keeps telling me I should buy one now, to get used to it, before we go. Then says I can use it at the airport, etc but shes a Google / surfing net Queen... and sometimes it's nice not to go near the computer.. we'll see the jury is still out on that one.

Thanks for all the replies about the meds & letters for customs, really appreciate it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (17-09-2013),Pixel  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi loves,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, Laned, Crystal, Sooty, Pixel, January (and thank you for updating, J) - I really appreciate them. We're so grateful that our little runner is going hard and strong but I will admit I was very worried for a while that we'd lose him, too. I feel like we're out of the woods now that we've hit such a major milestone (touch that wood) and we're finally getting ready to tell people - can't wait much longer, given the way I've suddenly gotten kinda fat. I can finally start believing it's true.

Sooty - no one even glanced at my letter for the meds and syringes - they didn't look at any of it. Quite anticlimactic - they couldn't have cared less. Crystal - do you mind if I ask if the prices are much higher in Greece than in SA for the DE cycle? It sounds lovely... Laned - I pray to all that's holy that I don't eat another crisp after this. That would be a blessing... I have to force myself to drink milk - I can only do it by mixing in that pink strawberry crap.

We're off to Ireland for a week, leaving later today, so it's all mayhem and madness around here right now. I'm assured the baby should be fine and that it's the best time for us to go so I'm going to try to relax and enjoy it - my cousin's getting married so we really wanted to be there. I'll be checking in from there, crossing my fingers and toes for Jodi and Pixel.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allie - so lovely to hear from you, but I was so sorry to read about you losing one of the twins. My heart goes out to you.

Pixel - welcome home. Hoping that the rest of this week passes quickly for you. It sounds like you are in an excellent frame of mind about everything, I pray that you get your BFP on Friday - have all my fingers and toes crossed for you and Jodie this Friday

Jodie - your rash could be just a reaction to the Gestone if it's at the site of injection? I read up on those injections as I was quite anxious about them, and I came across some information (it might have even been the information supplied in the Gestone Box) that people might experience a rash at the injection site. I too can vouch for the Arnica Oil. I bought heaps of it in SA and I only have two little bruises on each side at the moment.

Crystal - I have a good friend who is now nearly at term via ED in Greece. Good luck with it all.

Laned - how is everything going with you? Are the meds helping you?

AFM - I had a bit of a freak out yesterday afternoon as I had a spot of brown blood when I wiped. I ended up going into my clinic and they reassured me that everything was okay and that it is very common for women to spot or bleed in early pregnancy - I actually asked to have my bloods done and they said if that would make me feel better they would do it. My progesterone has jumped up to 594 and my HCG is 9,900 so everything appears to be good there. We now just have to wait until our 7 week scan next Thursday - and hope that we will see a heartbeat. I think that it's going to be the longest week of my life.