Closed Thread
Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel & Jodie - hoping all goes well for you both today with your transfers? I have you both in my prayers - and my fingers tightly crossed for you both.

Crystal - I had the NK cells blood tests performed. But nothing internally. I was really angry that I had to push hard for my Australian IVF Clinic to do this following my first failed cycle... my results from the blood test came back slightly elevated. It was only an $85 blood test and the Dr had resisted because it wasn't claimable on Medicare!!! Um - I'm spending THOUSANDS like another $85 is going to make a difference.

I took all precautions with my cycle this time, 40mg clexane, Predislone and Intralipid infusion. Can I ask what the recommended treatment is for your high NK cells, I am really interested to know if there are any other precautions they should be taking now that I am actually pregnant. I really don't want to lose another one - I've had 5 miscarriages and 1 live birth...

Any more info you can share would be so greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Hi all, thanks for all you positive thoughts, you all knew exactly how to help and say the right things

Yesterday was hell and in a way a blessing to get a lot of tears out of the system. I don't think I've cried so hard for a long time.

It's amazing that the human spirit can pick itself up as if yesterday didn't happen as I woke feeling relaxed and positive to not give up on my little ones, they have fought to hang in there so I will too.

So we transferred 2 today one had caught up to compacted at day 4 and the other slow at 8 cells.

I've eaten lots of pineapple and am resting in bed watching movies so hopefully nature will do its thing and a miracle will happen and I can be one of those lucky stories.

I'm not going to plan any other futures other than this working so POPO!

we have 4 full days here still to relax then fly home on the 16th, BT on the 21st.

Jodie I hope your transfer went well and your in bed too enjoying pregnancy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pixel - so glad you are back on track, that's great news & that you've got 4 relaxing days ahead of you. Love to you both. xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel - Glad to hear that things picked up for you today and that darn good cry got rid of some negative energy (geez, that sounds hippie!). Those embies are right where they should be....snuggle into the mothership little ones. Rest up. Congratulations on being PUPO.

Jodi - How did you go hun?

SH72 - Yay, your back in the game too! Taking a step back for a moment or two is the best way for the BFN fog to lift. Sounds like you have some really good direction. It is always SO frustrating that a lot of Aussie clinics are too quick to pass off negative results on 'old eggs'. International clinics always seem more positive or at least willing to try and also take risks. Another thing that frustrates me about Aussie clinics, is that they don't seem to be the ones that suggest or research things...it always seems like we do the researching and take it to FS...their the experts, give us some direction!!! I know there are some good ones out there, but BH threads seem to point out that they are in the minority.

Crystal - Im so glad you have some answers, you must feel relieved that you can now address them accordingly. Pity that FS had not picked it up prior to all your IVF attempts, but you now have something to focus on.

Net - things are coming together for you..woohoo.

Rainbow - Did Dr LR recommend you have another Intralipid Infusion 4-5 weeks following your positive result....its suggested on page 2 of their documentation?

AFM
    Thanks ladies for all your "movement" suggestions....will go shopping this weekend. That should be interesting....the in-laws arrive tomorrow afternoon...may make sightseeing with them much more interesting!!! They give me the sh*ts enough, without added fibre!!!

I have another problem.....Im scared I will jinx jellybean if I change my signature block...and I SO want to put up those 2 red lines....in the past I have dreamt of a time that I can put them up!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Pixel, sometimes all we need is a good cry, we put ourselves under so much pressure, and a good cry is a great release. keep your belly warm and rest up, and keep enjoying yourself, try not to think about things too much, hard I know, keep your mind busy on other things, like shopping for instance lol

Welcome back Crystal.

AFM, I had 5 excellent eggs, 3 good eggs, one was rubbish and the others he said he will grow another day and see if they are worth freezing, we put two in but we don't mind if we have twins we are expecting it, I told Dr Le Roux of my concerns for another pre eclampsia baby but he said as long as we have a good ob to manage me from the beginning I should be ok, he said South Africa is the leading country for premmies and a lot of Drs come here to train which is interesting to know, and explains why my ob is so good, he is South African lol. On our way back to the hotel we went along the sea front and saw a whale, so Im taking that as a sign. I'm trying to rest up but its not easy with Matty. Its up to the gods now. I'm having my blood test on Friday 20th first thing so Dr LR can let me know either way before we get on the plane to come home. Hope everyone else is travelling well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Pixel & Jodie - hoping all goes well for you both today with your transfers? I have you both in my prayers - and my fingers tightly crossed for you both.

Crystal - I had the NK cells blood tests performed. But nothing internally. I was really angry that I had to push hard for my Australian IVF Clinic to do this following my first failed cycle... my results from the blood test came back slightly elevated. It was only an $85 blood test and the Dr had resisted because it wasn't claimable on Medicare!!! Um - I'm spending THOUSANDS like another $85 is going to make a difference.

I took all precautions with my cycle this time, 40mg clexane, Predislone and Intralipid infusion. Can I ask what the recommended treatment is for your high NK cells, I am really interested to know if there are any other precautions they should be taking now that I am actually pregnant. I really don't want to lose another one - I've had 5 miscarriages and 1 live birth...

Any more info you can share would be so greatly appreciated.

There's a protocol for the MTHFR issue and then the protocol for the high NKC will be a higher dose of prednisolone( I was on 25mgs) also he said I would likely be on dexamethasone, intrapilids every few weeks and the only other thing was a high dose of progesterone. Apparently elevated NKC can cause progesterone to be lower. I'm not sure what strength of progesterone I told him I was on gestone with the DE cycle and he said the dose wasn't high enough. etc. I have an appointment on October 31st to get the full protocol. I need to know my travel dates by then so he can plan the cycle. I asked for my FS to check all of these things and his answer was we'll try a Natural IVF cycle if you have a chemical we'll start thinking along those lines so frustrating and yes what is 85 dollars?

Pixel, everything crossed for you and those gorgeous little embies

12. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad all went well Jodi, thanks again for thinking of me.
    Funny how we did end up on the same day after all - hoping your my good luck charm
    I can imagine it is hard to stay still with a little one needing your attention
    Im hoping to go for a walk today to the Wat Pho temple and Chinatown but don't want to over do it so maybe cab there and back and just do some walking there.

Have fun with the in-laws sunny

All organized Net that's great, time will fly by, well done for your weight loss it's not easy with so many other pressures and drugs xxx

Sooty hope your feeling better after your illness I'm the same as you I never get sick but got a flu for the first time this year.

hi to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - thanks for that. Can I ask what is MTHFR? I know I have slightly elevated NKCells only 12% but I am taking the Predislone 20mg/day, but they are starting to wean me off this as of Saturday. Ialso take 40mg/day of Clexane I am definitely intending to do another intralipid infusion, but given my IVF Clinic here in Australia don't believe in it at all... I'm wondering if anybody has done this in Sydney and where I can possibly go for this? My Progesterone levels in all of my pregnancies have been good - for this one, last Monday it tested at 181.3 which they said is absolutely brilliant to support a pregnancy. I am doing the daily Gestone injections so will definitely be continuing as per the CFCs schedule with the pain in the butt injections.

Sunny - yes, Dr LR did recommend another intralipid infusion and I will most definitely be having it. Just trying to find out where in Sydney as my clinic think it's an unproven method of treatment and as such do not provide it.

Jodie - glad to hear that all went well. Did you use the same donor again as you did for Matt? Fingers crossed that all goes well for the next two weeks.

Pixel - happy you have had your transfer and have 4 days in front of you to rest and take it easy.

AFM - I have another blood test tomorrow to see that my levels are rising. After that the wait is on to see if we have one or two Springaroos on board! I'm starting to feel quite sick in the afternoons, which has never happened to me before. I feel better when I eat, so just eating little bits often. I'm craving milk still... weird? Never had that in any of my other pregnancies either. Its 7pm and I could literally go to bed right now I am so tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny - I just read your post about changing your signature. If it makes you feel better not to change it - then don't. Whatever is the least stressful for you. xxx On the benefiber - sorry if TMI but if you are really badly blocked up maybe try two sachets for a couple of days or until you start going easily again... then one a day should keep you in good shape. Also make sure you drink lots of water as this also helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi - that's great news... good positive stuff.

Rainbow - Dr Matthais does it and I read on the NK Cell thread that Dr Gavin Sacks does it too (I think) and hes in Sydney too. Maybe jump on that thread and put it out there, as I'm sure one of those lovely ladies will know... a lot seem to be in Sydney. Heres the link to the last page... if you've got the time, its worth reading from the beginning if you can.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Cells-2/page70

Pixel - so glad you are content and sounding happy again I've still got one day to go of antibiotics (went back to work today, and was hard work, soon as I move or talk its into a full on coughing fit) - I'm going to get a repeat of the 2nd lot I'm on, to be sure... the pharmacist said, take another 5 days if it doesn't clear up 100%, as Microplasma is difficult to get on top of and will come back if you don't well and truly knock it on the head! My depot injection arrived today, very good service from Macquarie Street Pharmacy, arrived in 2 days as promised. Started the pill 2 days ago, so it's starting to happen.. much more exciting than taking ab's !!

Net - that's very exciting - you're all organised. I say congratulations to you for losing 3kg - its bloody hard work as you get a bit older. I was always 58 (by no trying, just lucky) and over the past 4 years... probably IVFing hasn't helped, I'm now 65kg, which is heavy for me - and even been sick these past few weeks, I jumped on the scales at the doctors thinking I prob lost some... no such luck!! At least you are trying. Summer will be a bit easier for you too, lighter foods, yummy salads etc

Hi to everyone else. Angelmama - how are you going?