Closed Thread
Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sootymay - Just in case things change on the suppression drug front....you can get the daily Lucrin from Good Price Pharmacy for $280. I have heard women getting it cheaper ($135), however, I found that I was very limited living in a regional town. $280 was the cheapest I could get it. Also, I had to make sure that they had it in stock before commencing it...again, I think that was due to living in a smaller town. Good luck with it.

Pixel - 3 more sleeps. Edit: Im so sorry Pixel, I missed your last post. Hun, Im so sorry. Don't give up...we have all heard of stories of the best embies not implanting and the 'slow poke' embies making it. I have everything crossed for a nice surprise for you tomorrow.

Rainbow - I know what you mean about missing Cape Town..I was exactly the same way every time I saw something on tv about Cape Town or got emails from the clinic.

Laned - I agree..Wazza is a guru. Fabulous.

Anait - 10 weeks already...I cant believe it...it only seems like yesterday that DP and I were sitting beside you before your transfer. Xxxx PS: We all have that 'wind swept and interesting' look in the photos at Robben Island....at least we didn't have vomit in our hair like the people in front of us on the boat!!!

AFM
    TMI: The Gestone (or it could be a combination of all the meds Im on) is "backing' me up...anyone have any home remedies to get 'things' moving!!! Its all just adding to the discomfort of bloating and fluid retention from all the medications!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 10-09-2013 at 21:20.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (10-09-2013),sootymay  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny - Get onto the Benefibre. I put one sachet in my morning smoothie and it keeps me ticking like clock work. My clinic put me onto this when I was pregnant at the end of last year and it helped me SOOO much! I hope it works for you too. You just buy it at the supermarket and put it in any drink. It's completely tasteless, you can even put it into a bottle of water and it will dissolve and be totally clear in a minute (and completely tasteless).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SVD...Just back tracked some posts from during my absence and realised you two little darlings have arrived. How are they doing? What have you named them? re you exhausted? How was the birth? Would love to know all about your sons. Biggest congrats on their safe arrival. Guess you aren't getting that much spare time or sleep but if you get a minute, tell us a little about them. xxxx

JodieW... How are things going for you?

Pixel....Hang in there!!!!! It's not over yet so don't give up. You still have a chance. Will be thinking of you over the next few days and sharing your stress but my fingers are crossed for you. You deserve for this to work for you and it still can xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel, just adding to the support team.
    Donna - how are you doing? I think of you often.
    Rainbow, great info. I'll be taking gestone in a few months and travelling at the same time so being backed up will be a concern!
    Sunny, you are a font of information. Thanks!

Sorry I can't see anyone else's posts from this page. I hope everyone is doing OK.

I am reading all the daily digests but haven't had anything of my own to post. I have booked my accommodation, flights etc. I have a dr's appt tomorrow to try again to get a clean report to get pregnant. I'll also beg nicely for a script for the pill. If the Dr still won't then I'll get Barbados to do a script and get it with my Buserelin and Gestone from the International pharmacy. Then I'll be all drugged up and ready to rock! Well, assuming my pharmacy order gets delivered OK. I hope so! I've lost 3kg over the last 5 weeks which is a so-so result. I was hoping for more like we all do but am continuing to plug away!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013),Sunny15  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - Hey cycle buddy, have a cry get it out of your system and tomorrow we get pregnant, both of us, no if buts or maybes we are going to get pregnant tomorrow any other result is unthinkable, don't go there, tomorrow is the day.

We are talking about coming back to Cape Town again in a couple of years time so Matty can have a proper look around and the twins (we both joke it will be twins) will probably be his age now. We have been taking him to the park next to the golf course at Green Point/Seapoint its awesome, they have an enclosed park for toddlers, I.e its gated so they can't run off, and then another play area for older kids, it was so good that I got told off for using the swings, in my defence it was a lounging back seat and very comfy, the security guard just laughed at me I bet she secretly has a swing when no one else is around.

I can no longer recommend Speirs either, the service was shabby, the rooms in need of renovation and they charge a fortune for the privilege.

Ive gotta go its bath and bed time. Hi to everyone else and who hoo Donna.

good luck tomorrow Pixel, its going to happen, your just have to believe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel and Jodie - all positive though headed your way today. :

Sunny - pear juice is another remedy. Flannerys Supermarkets sell organic juices too.

to everyone else.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013),Sunny15  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel am thinking of you and saying a little prayer for your embies and a successful transfer, Rainbow is right they are better in you then in the dish, hang in there
    Good Luck Jodi, loved your story about the swing, go back and have another

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Haven't been on in awhile after our BFN from Cape Town in July I needed to recharge my batteries Given the BFN and the 4 mcs last year plus the years of implantation failure after my son was born we decided to go ahead and have the immunity testing completed with Dr.M in Sydney. we got the results last Thursday and I am MTHFR positive and I have High NKC even though I had just had a cycle of prednisone they were still high. So he said he believes we have a 0% chance without treatment and with treatment he's positive I can carry a successful pregnancy. Any of you ladies that have been trying and getting BFN over and over or recurrent mcs I really would recommend this doctor. If anyone wants his details just pm me. The testing costed around $200 so not bad at all and the immunity protocol is all completed here in Australia. I do phone consultations because I'm in Melbourne. I know I sound pushy but I know there's a few ladies that are struggling for a BFP as well.

We're planning our cycle for January but have also been looking at a clinic in Greece that has excellent recommendations. I go back and forth whether I want to go back to South Africa, I had problems with my donor and I am really nervous about choosing a donor that doesn't produce well. We got 2 5day blasts after 2 egg retrievals and no frosties.

Hi to all the new ladies and so nice to see new BFPs that is fantastic!!

Pixel stay strong and there are a lot of iffy looking embies that go on to be strong babies. hang in there lovely

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal443 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013),sootymay  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG...I had an account on here from 4 years ago that I could not remember the password for and when I signed in the old one signed in. Wow that is very strange, anyway wow I wish I were 35 again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Interesting that I was feeling like DJ & Crystal, needed some time out to heal , try and think about something else for a while ! I now feel better and ready to come back and try again. I have found it tough bouncing back as I had invested so much hope into SA ( more than I consciously knew ) ..But seeing so many positive results on this thread really helps ! Well done to both of you for trying again..

Congrats to Rainbow - what a story , so happy the result you got !

To Jodi ( wonder woman who started this thread ! ) and Pixel all my positive thoughts for you today !

AFM - I have a fibroid which is an issue so need to have that fixed and also have an appointment this Friday with a reproductive endocrinoligist as I am convinced there is something else going on. I had to wait 2.5 months for an appointment with the famous Dr M which I have kept as a back up ( it's the end of October ). I will be so mad if there is somwething and after 8 rounds of IVF in Aus no doctore bothered to check as it was to easy to blame my old eggs ! ( last time I did IVF I was 40 ! ) On the positive side , hopefully there is a reason & that it can be treated ..

To all the pregnant ladies best of health and may the journey continue well !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-09-2013)