Closed Thread
Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - thank you so much for your lovely post. We have been on an eventful journey. It was truly amazing to come out with a BFP at the end of it.

I have just had my second blood test and my HCG has gone up to 263 (was 89 on Sat) and Progesterone is 181 - so all good there. They will repeat bloods on Friday and then I just wait for a scan in 3 weeks.

MrsErinR - welcome. You have stumbled across the most amazing forum, filled with women who are just so wonderful and inspirational. Jodie is amazing for starting this thread - as you can see it has led to many successful pregnancies - and a multitude of support from so many women who are on the same path.

Sunny- Wow, you've had your fair share of worry haven't you? Your bleed must have been frightening. How wonderful that your OB was so obliging to see you so quickly. I'm on clexane too (40mg a day). Is it pretty standard to bleed like that on clexane then? I'm guessing I should be prepared in the event it happens to me also?

Pixel/Jodie - Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days. I have my fingers crossed for both of you xx

Sooty - I went back and found the correspondence I had re PGD testing and I was told by my Dr from the CFC that the don't do PGD testing as it "is not proven to improve the success in egg donation so we do not offer it for this procedure" this was back in May - so maybe things have changed? Not long for you to wait now regardless? I hope you are getting REALLY excited. You've got an awesome adventure in front of you!

I went back to my regular acupuncturist for the first time today since we arrived home from Cape Town. The receptionist burst into tears when I told her I was pregnant. She was actually the first person who told me about South African Egg Donation as she is a midwife and told me that she had a patient come in who was 52 successfully pregnant via SA Egg Donor) I came home and started googling - and found Jodie's thread...

Lots of love and baby dust to all of you xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (10-09-2013),Sunny15  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pixel update

Hi guys thanks for your well wishes and thinking of me,

Sorry for the delay for my results I have had a busy two days celebrating my 39th birthday with a day at JJ market and dinner out at the state tower (from the hangover 2 movie) was amazing venue, food, service but the price was a bit crazy for me to really enjoy at first, which I know sounds silly but all the bargaining I had done at the market was quickly undone and could have bought 3 times as much.

Then today we did the tigers and elephants which were amazing. Although after seeing them in the wild in SA it doesn't compare I struggle with the captive animal thing. The elephants was supposed to be a bathing with them experience but was more like dressage with me on its back so wasn't really comfortable with that and then the realization that they don't get to roam free at any point so wouldn't be doing that again.

Anyway for what you all want to really know we had egg collection and retrieved 9 eggs - 5 mature - 4 embryos on day 1, so not exactly the number I was after and feel again back up against the odds but what can I do "life's an box of chocolates"
    I got the egg report right before dinner and have definitely got that pang of fear of worse case scenarios sitting in my stomach which is so annoying because l have felt so relaxed to this point and just wanted the numbers to keep that feeling going. Adding to this the prednesolone is affecting my sleep.

I am programmed to believe that no numbers no success I know that this is not always the case and each time is new, with new possibilities but the fear of the hurt again is hard to let go of in this moment.

As always DH is the positive rock of support to swing my head around and say we will keep going until we get there and when we do we will look back after success the pain will be gone and that we are lucky to have each other and so many other beautiful things in life and I know all this, I have put on a brave face for him over the last 24 hours and had todays adventures to distract me but the fear is back again.

Hopefully we will have 4 perfect 5day blastos to love and after this release with you I can let it go and take it a day at a time knowing I've done all I can.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet!

I will keep you posted xxxxxx

PS sorry my post is all about me - hi to all and am loving following with your stories while I'm here xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel... don't despair lovely. Its not over yet. If you have ANY 5 blasts - you are already waaaaaay in front of where I was (I had only 2 8 cell for my day 3 transfer!) now here I am BFP wondering whether one or two took as my numbers tripled in 2 days. Don't give up hope - try to keep on that path of zen that you were on, as what will be will be.

I wish you had told me it was your birthday, as I would have sent you up to the rooftop of the Centara Grand Hotel where we stayed - it is just as lovely as state tower, but not the price tag! Go and check it out if you can and have a cocktail... it really is lovely and really funky. You feel like you are on top of the world.

I also hear you re the predislone. Try and take it as early in the morning as you can, it still messes me around at about 11pm!

Take care lovely, its going to be okay. One good one is all that it takes, just keep saying that to yourself over and over, because that's the truth!

to you, just keep on enjoying Bangkok. Have you been out to the weekend Markets yet? I'm a shopaholic and it was too much for me!! I love Bangkok, all that yummy food and drink (ooh that' making me think of Cape Town :-(

Big hugs Pixel.... you're nearly there now!

xxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I look forward to following your journeys in the coming months and picking your brains for ideas if we find ourselves also taking this route. I have to say that your descriptions of Cape Town have made me want to go there regardless of whether we need to for an egg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - I was quite comfortable with the fact that I might have had to travel back to Cape Town again if this one didn't work. It is a breathtakingly beautiful city. I was looking at all my photos today - wishing I was back there.

You need to do what is right for you when it is right for you. At least you know there are other options you can explore should you ever want to?

Wishing you the very best of luck with your cycles here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, girls, girls....I'm back!!!!

This old girl has been like an old grumpy bear, hibernating in her misery cave!!!

Have needed to step away from everything, get my head and heart sorted and figure out a way forward. SO much going on has made the recovery process a difficult one but I got brave and rang Sunny today and then made a second call.

I am booked to fly to QLD on Thursday 26th for an appointment with Barbara Hall. She is filling in for Dr Wazza whilst he is on leave. So, this is it, boots n all. Every test, every option, every bloody everything! Throw me a kitchen sink and anything else.

Here we go, donor cycle NUMBER 5. Anyway, I will sort my rattle head out and get focused on planning my next trip. Enough about me...you girls have been busy big time...

Rainbow....hooly dooly, how good is that hey, the big BFP. After all the stress and emotional roller coasting, it has worked for you and I would give you a big hug if I could. That's fantastic news. xxxx

Pixel....you are in my thoughts and I hope this all works for you. You and I think alike when it comes to numbers but we have to re-think that as so many times those with low numbers still get the goodies!! Best wishes and keeping everything crossed for you. xxxx

Laned and Net....thanks girls for the good wishes.

Anyway, X-factor is finished so need to put DD to bed (wish me luck with that!)

Donna x
    Last edited by DJSHEARS; 09-09-2013 at 21:02. Reason: Spelling boo boo

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-09-2013),Rainbowchaser  (10-09-2013),Sunny15  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow - What wonderful numbers....emby/ies are really starting to settle in!! A bleed on clexane is not 'standard' but just be aware that MANY women experience bleeds. There are different types of bleeds (subchorionic bleeds) and clexane cannot be blamed for all of them. Just to give you some stats....I know 4 pregnant women (incidentally all through IVF) and all have experienced a bleed (more than spotting) of some sort. Just be aware that it can happen but is not forced to....if it does happen to you, don't panic, it doesn't mean that everything is all over.

MrsErinR - Cape Town is such a beautiful place....Im thinking about going back just for a holiday in January. I found it very safe and I would have no issues going back on my own. I would strongly recommend reading all 3 'sections' of this thread...it has so many precious tips and advice.

Pixel - HAPPY BIRTHDAY....39 years young. . I understand your pain regarding egg/embie numbers.....you have a really nice number of embies....remember quality over quantity any day. Thinking of you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DJ - A smile for being back. A hyper for being on the IVF train again, toot toot! a high five for testing anything and everything. And a big hug for just being you...your words make be smile!!!

WELCOME BACK HUN

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow - awesome news that your numbers are so strong!!... you must be feeling extra high & positive now! I wouldn't have a clue about all those numbers (have always thought, I'll research/learn about that stuff when I get there with a BFP!) PGD... I'm not actually sure why Dr H mentioned it, as I hadn't asked, was just asking him about twin stats. Having said that, I did ask him way back in the beginning when I first started enquiring about SA, so maybe he thought he'd throw that information in for good measure. He said in that initial email too, that there really was no need for it with young/donor eggs & that you can lose too many along the way to warrant it with donor eggs.

I am getting excited, its going to be here before I know it. I think I've just thought, gosh, its really only 6-7 weeks away.... and mainly because I have been really sick since last Saturday, had a week off work, and went back in today, then to the doc at 3pm and he's told me to have another 2 days off & has put me on a 2nd lot of different ABs. My period's is due this week as well (great!) & then I will be starting the pill. I'm just hoping by the end of this week I'll have knocked it on the head, it's not good timing if it hangs around. This is the 11th day of it so it's a doozy - I've never had anything like it and normally don't even get as much as a sniffle. I have been that bad, tucked up in bed, that I haven't even had the energy to search for accommodation and exciting things like safaris yet !!

Sunny - thanks for your experiences on suppression meds. I still haven't got it sorted as been out of action, though when I collected my ABs today, I got the pill at the same time. I just haven't been able to track down the 3.25 depot injection anywhere, and have decided against taking a 1/2 of the 7 one... I emailed Macquarie Street Pharmacy in Sydney today to see if they can get the right dose in.... failing that, I think I'm just going to run with the nasal spray, as I'm running out of energy to keep running around trying to find the depot injection. I'm not keen on the daily jabs, as I'm bad at the best of times with injections (let alone the clexane and progesterone ones to come) - so figure if I can eliminate 4+ weeks worth of daily jabs in place of possible nasal spray side effects, well I'll just have to suck it up...watch this space !! ha ha

Thanks for telling us about your bleed, OMG, did you freak? Good to know that your friend and ob said it's ok, nonetheless very frightening I would imagine. Isnt that wonderful your OB and midwife are so caring to spend all that time with you - why can't they all be like that !!?? That's exciting - 9 weeks, another 3 and I bet you'll be feeling a lot more excited all over again!

Mrs Erin - welcome. Good luck with your cycles this year. I remember when I first heard about donor eggs and the possibility, I wouldn't read anything until I knew we had to head down this path as I didn't want to jinx myself!! BUT, I didn't know about this forum then, and that day I drove down the highway crying so uncontrollably (after a scan showed I wasn't producing my usual follicle/egg numbers for that IVF cycle) I knew at that moment that, that was it - I'd had enough of flogging myself emotionally & physically - I was moving on. It took a few weeks to a month of grieving, counselling, attending the "Time to tell Seminar" & then a miracle of finding this forum which has changed my life so far and given me this wonderful renewed hope. I hope whatever happens for you, that it works out in the end.

Jodi - thanks for the update on car hire and your accommodation - I know a silly wee question in the scheme of things really... !!, so thank you for answering it. 2 more sleeps for you if transfer is still planned for Wednesday.

Donna - oh you are a Tiger... good girl !! Back and rearing to go, that's the spirit and with a sense of humour - good on you. I noticed you said you are going to Wazza - who I have been reading heaps about on the immune NKC thread - not sure if you have seen that thread? (it's wonderful - gosh that one took me 10 hours to read from beginning to end - very interesting, and maybe worth everyone having a quick read if they are interested). I think that's great. I've just got my biopsy report back and my FS said "elevated NK Cells" (and told me I wouldn't understand the report when I asked for a copy!!!) ... anyways I've got it in my hot little hands - and after reading the NKC thread, I've got a phone apt booked for Dr Matthias ($300 non refundable as a phone consult) next week 19th. I've also heard through Bubhub ladies, that there is a Dr Nick Lolatis here in Melbourne that does intralipids - so good to know, if Dr Matthias says it's required as well.

I've copied a link here that one of the lovely ladies shared on the NKC thread, explains it in a nutshell. I didn't even know what intralipids was until I heard on this forum some of the ladies were having it at CFC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...mums-last.html

Pixel - Oh sweetie... I totally understand why you're feeling like that, I would be feeling exactly the same. We try to stay so strong and positive & go through a million different thoughts & emotions, despair, disappointment, bravery, positiveness & then back to the what if's again.... I really feel for you. And you know that it only takes one, and they're obviously going to be much better quality than ours... but its still disappointing when you were hoping for more. Rainbow's story is a perfect story of hope and not to give up, but that's easy for us to say - but hang onto that, that good story, and there's been a few. Your DH sounds like he's been a great support - they can rise to the occasion when required !! You'll make it happen - it may be too early to ask this, don't want to stress you or anything, but do you know if they have back up frozen eggs as well - say worse case scenario? Just wanted to put it out there in case you haven't thought about that, if it is an option. So, keep your chin held high, we're holding both your hands and sending all our thoughts and energy to you over the next few days. xx
    Last edited by sootymay; 09-09-2013 at 22:25. Reason: spelling

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (10-09-2013),Pixel  (10-09-2013),Sunny15  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks gals so lucky to have your support right here when you need to hear from warm women who know how it feels and have been in your shoes xxxx

Rainbow we stayed at centara and went to red sky for the first 6 days - loved the roof top there!
    have moved to Tower the Lebua and for the same price the room and hotel are exceptional - kitchen lounge balcony all day buffet very good English and service etc etc
    went to the weekend market (jj) and was in heaven

So excited for you numbers!!!!

welcome back DJ

be in touch soon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (10-09-2013),Rainbowchaser  (10-09-2013)