Closed Thread
Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah - I've been a good girl and have not done one more test since last Monday (which was waay too early for me to test anyway), but I'm holding out until tomorrow now.

Our beautiful Aussie FS who has been on much of this journey and helped us so much is going to call me with the results personally. I'm ready for it either way. I told him how absolutely sensational Dr L R and his team at the CFC were to us and all about what happened with our cycle and he said that he has a couple currently pregnant with twins from the CFC and that all he is hearing is good things about it. He is very high up at IVF Australia so its good for the Aussie clinics to know that they have some extremely healthy competition from South Africa. I guess until our stupid Australian laws change, at least Aussies who are in the same boat as us ladies know that they have an option which provides them excellent care and facilities at the CFC.

Pixel - thinking of you over the weekend. Hope EC goes well?

Jodie - also hope that things are on the up for you in beautiful Cape Town?

Hope everybody else out there is well? Lots of love and to all of you. Cx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well you've made it Rainbow, well done, tomorrow will come before you know it.

Gosh your FS sounds gorgeous, personally phoning you and been interested in your journey. I thought my FS was nice (compared to the last one I had) but in comparison to yours, yes he's helping me, but I don't think wants to know much, and nor has he asked. Its a shame really when they are so business like in a such a personal field.

I so hope it's a positive for you.... golly, it's just got to be, especially with 2.

I asked Dr Heylen a few days ago about the success rates for twins (as we need to decide on 2 or 1 to transfer when the time comes) this was his answer:

· The success rate with two embryos is 65%, of all these pregnancies 1 out of 4 is a twin.
    · The success rate with a single embryo transfer is 45%.
    · We can increase the success rate for a single embryo transfer to about 60% if we screen the embryos with PGS and aCGH. We only transfer embryo that are chromosomally normal. It adds however 30.000 Rand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls, just a quick one tonight.

Firstly, thank you all for being so accepting of my selfish sorrowful rant. Wow, feeling a bit bi-polar, as the meds are starting to kick in and I am not as jittery, fatigued or sore. The insomnia is still not resolved, but looking good this far.

Rainbow - oh my goodness girl, you are sooooo funny. The whole fertility road has tested my faith, but I will be praying like crazy tomorrow for your very well deserved BFP. X

Pixel - How are you going. I sincerely hope the embies are behaving for their future mumma and papa. Thank you for sharing your story. It definitely will give future recipients a further option. X

Jodie - what a welcome to South Africa, now that the hassle has happened here's to the remaining visit being stress free and filled with good fortune. X

Sooty - thank you so much for the stats. They are very useful for people and certainly wiil give those in the dreaded TWW and future travellers much needed hope. X

Have a great w/end. Rainbow, hoping yours is AWESOME

6. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Add me to the graduate list! Beautiful, perfect twin boys! Born 6/9/13. Both over 7lb each. Wow!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SVD For This Useful Post:

laned  (08-09-2013),Missleo  (07-09-2013),Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmama74 View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the clinic in Thailand?
    When we lived in Thailand we saw several local clinics but they would be hard to negotiate with from a distance, I think.

The Aussie-run www.thailandfertility.com/ would be my choice if I were to go through the process from here. They have both Thai and foreign donors and work through a very respected international-standard hospital.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty we are staying at the granger apartments, not much to look at from the outside but inside very nice, we have a two bedroom apartment, it n clues a safe and a washer dryer and is serviced daily, I even came home to the cleaner hanging out our washing the other day lol

Rainbow so sorry but the weather has been beautiful, I'm a little pink from the sun. Its been around 18 each day. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

AFM retrieval was today, 13 eggs were collected, I find out tomorrow how many were fertilised. Transfer is Wednesday. We decided to spend the weekend at Speirs in Stellenbosch off to franschoek tomor row then west somerest to see some animals. Baby dust to all

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

laned  (08-09-2013),Pixel  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - he's the best. The things he's tried for me, the support he's given me - and the support that he gives to women who go overseas for egg donation to look after them at the clinic to then be able to had them over to an OB when its time. There is not enough I could say or do to thank him for all he has done for DH & I.

This is why today if the result is negative, I know that I had the very best people on both sides of the globe helping me and I will be accepting that we have done absolutely everything we could.

This is the first time I have ever had the chance to transfer two, but in my case I wanted the maximum odds from the start. I think your odds might be for fresh eggs - not sure of what they are with frozen eggs?

I thought that testing the embryos not only added an additional cost, but also added in additional timing from memory. I may be totally wrong on that, but check if it can all be done at the same time. I asked Dr L R about it and I think they have to send the cells away for testing... thus the huge cost. I will try to dig out my emails to confirm this.

Laned - glad to hear that you are feeling better from your meds. You are by no means selfish for wanting bub number two, so be kind to yourself and know that you are around people here (obviously yourself included) who well and truly understand the feeling to want a bub so badly, regardless of what number it is.

Jodie - glad to hear that all is going well for you.. envious you are in Cape Town. I just can't get the vision of Table Mountain out of my mind. People look strangely at me when I describe how much I loved the place. I'm praying that after today, we might find out that we will be forever connected to Cape Town for the rest of our lives.

Lots and lots of love and baby dust to everybody. I'm off for my Blood Test shortly, so keep me in your prayers! x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

laned  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies....I need to catch up on everyone. Sorry I have been MIA....had some scares but bub seems to be doing okay.

Just wanted to wish Rainbow good luck for today...everything is crossed for you.

Will pop in a bit later for personals.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS

Wonderful news SVD - thank you for sharing. 2 healthy babies, what more could you want. Did you go close to your due date? What did you name them?! Enjoy this extremely magical time.

Quote Originally Posted by SVD View Post
    Add me to the graduate list! Beautiful, perfect twin boys! Born 6/9/13. Both over 7lb each. Wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SVD - Congratulations, that's wonderful news. I'm not quite sure how I missed your post. Maybe I really am pregnant *LOL*

7 pounds each - that's fantastic. May you and your twins continue to thrive.