Closed Thread
Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal.....thinking of you and just hoping you tested a bit early xx

Allie....Super news, biggest hugs, that is so great, am totally happy for you.

January...Thinking of you tomorrow xx

Jennilee.....How are you doing?

Will do more personals later when back from the clinic!

AFM....Looking forward to our first appointment, Sunny is first and Anait and I are half an hour later so it will be lovely to make it to the next stage of our journey.

V&A is awesome...DD was exhausted aft the plane and a day out yesterday so slept 13 hours straight!

Thanks girls for the good wishes. I realise now just how much it means. Xxxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (18-07-2013),January  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon ladies,

Pixel - great to see you back on the forum and good luck on your next cycle. The diary is a wonderful idea and will be a treasured memento for your soon to be conceived child. DH and I bought some beautiful South African red wine to cellar and bring out on special occasions ie 21st birthdays etc. We will all be cheering you along for a BFP this time

Sunny - OMG Sunny you must have been beside yourself. My DH decided early on that he would take control of the passports as I am useless when sleep deprived. All the best with your first appointment Say hi to DJ for me if you cross paths today

Crystal - I feel your pain, it is the worst time as the medications make you feel pregnant - it is quite cruel If you read back a little JodiW did a POAS and got a BFN which turned out not to be the case. Just this morning on my walk with my beloved pooch I worked out my way forward so now I am just looking forward to ending the 2WW either way. Of course hoping for a positive result but planning for a negative. If it is negative we will head back in March next year for our final attempt. In the meantime will enjoy life to the fullest. Thinking of you

Baby dust to all

4. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal here's hoping you have just tested too early. I did the same at 7dp5dt and got a negative, had a very feint positive with the POAS at 9dp - and my beta a few days later was 900!! When will we stop torturing ourselves?? I know its hard and time moves so slowly but just relax and wait it out till your blood test so you don't drive yourself mad. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - I think that's very early to test. Hang in there. Have my fingers crossed for a BFP for you.

Sunny - you poor thing re your passport. That is terrible. Glad you got it back and then went diving with the great whites OMG!!! You're one brave woman.

AFM - I am stressing a little bit as I am currently on the pill to sync my cycle with our lovely donor... My AF would be due today and I've had a spot or two when I have wiped. I'm so scared my periods will arrive with full force and ruin everything. I am to just keep taking the active pills until the 28th... But wondering what the hell happens if my body just has a normal bleed through me taking the pill? Have any of you ladies experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow - I didn't stay at Cape Grace but our apartment was about 50 metres from it. Personally I think Cape Grace is in a great location. It is prob a 1 or 2 minute walk to the V and A Marina shopping complex. Lots of shops and restaurants. Also right near where the hop on/hop off buses start from. We walked past the Grace at least a couple times a day and night and felt completely safe. Generally saw security between hotel and shopping centre too. Can't comment about the inside but it's looks swish and the parking area was always full of bmws etc. Re your period. I really felt like mine was going to start at the time it was 'supposed' to -full on cramps etc- and I was freaking out. But the pill kept it at bay and the symptoms passed after a few days.

Crystal - don't give up hope. Personally I have my doubts about HPTs....

Sunny - sorry to hear about your passport drama.... My mum misplaced her passport several times and her boarding passes several times.... Total panic stations each time! In the end I confiscated them!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal- hang in there l know how hard the 2ww is and the pressure we put on ourselves.
    Good luck Sunny for your 1st app l would love to do the cage dive how amazing.

Emski72 & JodiW- Re: Thailand
    Bangkok is definitely not comparable on price as there is an additional cost for travel expenses for the donor total price quoted for all standard IVF and donor agency fees is $17,500US. Of course when we originally decided to go the AUD dollar was much higher!

We were equally happy with going to CT or Bangkok and had we found a donor through SA we would have gone there, but it seemed each donor I choose the wait was too long as they had just been booked by others

I had a friend go through IVF Worldwide Fertility Center (Dr Thitikorn) in Bangkok and highly recommended them so I had inquired to open up more options when doing the donor search and was sent a list of Caucasian SA donors and found a great match so we went with her knowing it cost more but liking her profile and availability, the beach, the shorter flying time etc

The profile list in Thailand is with adult photos and all the SA donors are gorgeous so we are lucky to have these beautiful ladies be so generous with us.

I will definitely keep you all posted on my progress assuming everyone is happy to still have me given l'm not going to CT?

JodiW I like the idea of a new thread but to be honest I love this one and don't know that l can manage 2 this one is addictive enough and as echoed by all love the support and info that we have shared its hard to imagine another could be as good

xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (18-07-2013),emski72  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal, I did my negative HPT the day before my blood test that's how inaccurate they are.

Pixel, thanks for the info, it sounds like a really great option, i would love to know what my donor looks like now, it would make choosing donors so much easier. I know what you mean about trying to keep up with threads, I used to be part of three and I kept loosing track of what was going on I gave up in the end. I feel sorry for you having to slum it in Thailand tho, gorgeous beaches, beautiful people and the shopping, you can pretty much get anything you want so cheap! Lol its actually one of my favourite places in the world, very jealous. xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jodi, Thailand will be warm which is a bonus.
    DH and I had our honeymoon there 7 years ago when I had hoped for a surprise honeymoon baby so hopefully we can have a second honeymoon experience with a surprise baby
    If the donor cycle proceeds to ET we may have the opportunity to met the donor for a short time which would be nice, I'd love to express my thanks in person The donor needs to consent to this. It is still an anonymous process but not by law so is up to both parties to agreed to contact or no contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ - thanks so much for your post. I have to tell you all a funny story as I was looking around for accommodation last night and was reading from a SA travel book I purchased. It mentioned the Grace Cape for its spa and I thought .. That would be nice to have access to a lovely day spa within the hotel so I googled it... Thought 14,500 rand was really reasonable for 14 nights... Until I realised it was in US dollars! My credit card is linked to Expedia... Luckily I didn't just book it! Hubby would have killed me.

pixel - I love Thailand.... It's one of my favourite places in the world. Bangkok is also one of the most interesting cities... Looking forward to hearing all about your updates. You might start a new trend on this thread with SA donors travelling to Thailand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one from me...

Had my scan today, lining was fine. Dr W did my scan and he was lovely. Met Cyndi and she is just a darling and now after seeing just how busy that place is, I totally understand why emails are sometimes a bit slow, wow is it busy!

Donor is scheduled for EPU on Friday morning and has 16 follicles, 8 on each side.

Will keep you updated over the next couple of days.

I love this place!

Donna