Closed Thread
Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Glad I popped in...it was so nice to see that so many of you had sent me your thoughts, good wishes and advice.

Sunny...As you know, it is a bug woo hoo from me! Am so glad you got the BFP....totally fantastic.

Anait...Scan today!!! Text later and see if I am right!

Jennilee... Glad all is going well with your bubba. So deserved!!!

Will do more later....need a cuppa!

AFM...Being a grumpy bum! Not sure what to do. Looks like we are moving house so that will crush my plans of a return to SA in Oct so maybe I will have to be a January return. I am going to go under the care of a different FS. My one here is basically a nob (geez that felt good to say that!!!!). He never even followed up after my last embryo transfer. I did my BTs through the GP. Wants the big money and got it but can't even make a follow up call, nor could his nurses. Am so done with them. Anyway, next week I am making my decisions and plans. My head spins have settled thank goodness but my spur in my foot is really painful so guess I get that sorted too. My Aunty passed away from ovarian cancer and we had her funeral on Friday and it bought through some many mixed feelings. It was nice to see all of the extended family but gee, we are worlds apart and have nothing in common. I guess families just diverse and go there own ways. Makes you realise just how much your own mean to you. I have chosen to never use the words "not now" or "I will do it later" with my DD. Time is one of those things that you can't buy nor put on hold. Also made me think about IVF and the repeated tries and heartaches and hurdles and yet we keep on slugging away at it. I have said it before that it takes women with a huge amount of love to endure it and you women are amazing. You walk the road and also help others along the way.....thanks for all being so special and super dooper xx

Cuppa time and chat very soon.
    Luv Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donna - big hugs to you. You've got lots going on at the moment.

Laned - I'm so sorry to read that you are unwell, I hope that they get to the bottom of it quickly for you.

Thank you to all of you for your lovely posts and reassurance over the past few days. I got a call from my Dr to say that we have 6 good looking fertilised eggs from the frozen 2nd batch so they moved my transfer to Tuesday - but will call me today to give me an update on our original donors fresh egg as well as the first batch of frozen embryos.

Yesterday was a lovely day. We went to church, thinking that we were being taken to a gospel church, but Danny actually took us to a regular Catholic Church service in Claremont. I was a bit upset at first, but realised we were meant to be there for a reason... So shed many tears and said lots of prayers that something changes to go our way.

we then went to Stellenbosch for the day. Wow - this place just never ceases to amaze me, it's just so beautiful and I could look at those mountains forever.

I have done lots of reading up on the use of frozen eggs, so am feeling more comfortable with it now. The CFC use exactly the same in vitrification process that they use in the Europe - where the success rates are good. I also realise that now the Monash IVF Egg Bank also uses frozen eggs (frozen and thawed the same way) so am feeling a little more hopeful than I was on Friday and Saturday.

through all of this, I must say I was a little shocked by the response of the donor agency when they sent me the email to say our donor was recovering well after ER. When I wrote back to tell her that unfortunately they only received one poor quality egg - her response was "well we never know what's going to happen with the gametes" not that I don't know that already having gone thought three failed IVF cycles of my own - but I was expecting a little more empathy given we had paid her for her service as well as giving additional money.

We have spent lots of time sight seeing with Danny, he has been amazing. Taken us to places and through townships that we normally could not go through. He works very hard to go out of his way to help us and we are so appreciative to have him help us.

today we are just going to have quiet day. We have been out sightseeing every single day since we got here, so will just have a chilled one at the hotel today. My daughter and I are going to get some spa treatments.

I've booked in with acupuncture for tomorrow afternoon after my transfer with Vicky Hindmarsh - originally had booked today (Monday) but had to change it due to ET date change. She has also gone out of her way to accommodate me, as apparently she didn't work on Mondays, but said I could come any time after I had been to the clinic.

Must go for now - sorry for the long winded post bubhubbers. Take care all of you.

baby dust to us all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pixel - how is everything going in Koh Samui? Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best.

Did you find the fishermans market on Bo Phat beach? aren't the restaurants there fantastic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Rainbow I have just read through your ups and downs and it took me back to my nightmare of a cycle. I know exactly how you must be feeling, it is so disappointing when you have gone to such lengths for this I pray that things take a turn for the better for you

I have had some correspondence from Monash re their frozen egg program which imports from the World Egg Bank and it was very positive re thaw rates and results. The new improvements with freezing techniques have made a huge difference.

It's not over yet hun
    Last edited by January; 26-08-2013 at 13:46.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - thanks so much for that.

Sootymay - I just sent you a PM, not sure if it went through or not? I've been having trouble staying connected to bub hub whilst working on my ipad in SA. I've written many posts to then find I'm not signed in and it's all lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowchaser sorry to hear your cycle didn't turn out as planed but I'm glad to hear that its resolving itself, your new batch of embies sound promising.

Laned our thyroids are so small but boy do they make an impact, I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Donna, some FS are only in it for the money I'm sure, do you need and FS or can your GP or another GP take full control of whatever you need?

I know what you mean about time, I do tell my boy to wait a minute and he may have to wait 2 but he then gets my full attention for how ever long he needs it, if he really needs me he doesn't wait at all, I think its so important that they know we are there for them.

AFM our trip is now in doubt my boy has had a virus for the past week antibiotics didn't work he took a turn for the worse yesterday with high temps, this morning it was 40.3, we have new antibiotics but he refuses to take it, we are trying to force them into him but he is fighting us all the way, the doc thinks its a type of pneumonia, if he doesn't start getting better we won't be going and he could very well end up in hospital, respiratory problems in premmies are dangerous, so we are playing the wait and see game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow glad to hear you have had some good news from the clinic and things are looking up, will keep you in my prayers. Vicky is lovely and very accommodating she saw me on a Monday as well, I'm sure you'll like her

Jodie so sorry to hear your little boy is sick I hope he gets better quickly and you can avoid the hospital, best wishes

AFM had my scan today, one little baby on board and absolutely amazing to see the heartbeat

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Rainbow - omg, that would p**me off if I got a reaction like that from the agency... deary me.. that's when it stings... errrrrrgghhhhh - so insensitive... and more.... no excuse... I'll stop before I get carried away.

Your post is wonderful, its full of truth and detail that we all crave about a country most of us have never been to, and of your journey... thank you

The spa treatments sound wonderful and I think you really treasure a day lounging around after making sure you're out there seeing everything you can whilst your there. That's one thing I haven't read a lot about on here (nor have I researched yet.. but it was on my to do list!!) are the spa treatments / massages quite reasonable? ... (I'm comparing to our original Thailand trip plan !!!.. and not sure if you could get much cheaper than that!)

I had read on here that Vicki was good and very accommodating - so great to hear the same again. (Yes got your PM re Danny, thanks heaps)

Jodi - sorry to hear about your son... for those of us without child, we tend to forget that these things are going to happen, and it's not just about us anymore !! I hope he gets better and it doesn't turn out into anything more serious. you've really been on a long road to get back to this stage. Fingers crossed he gets better

Aniat - wonderful news... I can't imagine how moving that would be to hear that long awaited heart beat... well I think I can, but will wait my turn...before even letting myself think about how special & magical that would be

Pixel - hope you are enjoying your time in Thailand... we're batting for you !!
    Last edited by sootymay; 26-08-2013 at 23:12.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Anait  (27-08-2013),Rainbowchaser  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    jodi - I am so sorry to hear your little boy is unwell. Hoping he gets back to full health again quickly.

Sootymay - the spa treatments in our hotel are very reasonable. Definitely not as cheap as Thailand, but I don't think anywhere would be that cheap. I am actually looking at the treatment sheet at the moment and they are extremely reasonable. Waxing from around $10 for a bikini wax. Manicure $15, gel polish additional $8 and 15 minute fish nibble only $7. Massages are around the same prices as Wangs massages in Australia.

Vicki is lovely, she shuffled things around for me again to fit me in after a potential transfer tomorrow (they may even wait til day 5 now) so could change again?

AFM - looks like the dilemma I expected is going to be ahead of us tomorrow. Received and update from our Dr today to say that our original donors single egg has developed into a good quality 8 cell embryo today (day 3). We will have news tomorrow on the second batch of frozen eggs of which 6 had fertilised nicely yesterday (so tomorrow is day 3 for them). We are still very much leaning towards going with the frozen eggs if they have developed into good quality embryos..... But ugh!!! Decisions decisions! I don't want to be greedy, but I so desperately want to be able to put two back to have a better chance of one (or maybe both taking) I know I should not be so selfish, but so desperately want the best possible outcome.

Anait - congrats on hearing your babies heartbeat, that's a magical moment I will never forget when I first heard my daughters heartbeat. I pray I get to hear another one soon .

January - thanks so much for the info re Monash. I'm leaning towards that option IF I have the decision to make tomorrow. I guess I just should be happy that we most definitely have something positive to work with and an option! I still feel absolutely nervous about which way I should go though!

we are going to miss South Africa so much. I wish it wasn't so far away. For us, that was the only downside to coming here (but a very small price to pay for what has most definitely been the holiday of a lifetime for us)

lots of baby dust to us all. I'll keep you all posted on how I go tomorrow. Thank you all again for your encouraging words and support. It means so much to me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Anait  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Arrow No AF

Hi all,

am typing on my iPhone which is not working well so I will make this a quick one.
    Rainbow glad you have options rainbow but wish you didn't have a decision still looming.

Jodi sorry to hear you little one is not well hope he gets better soon

wow Anait hearing the heart beat how awesome

AFM we are on an island Koh Madsum so rainbow I haven't got to koh Samui fishermans market yet but heading to the mainland today. I have enjoyed the quietness of this little island to swim read etc
    of course my only problem is blo0dy AF hasn't come and my donor is now 5 days ahead of me so I have to start meds today regardless and so I don't know if the estrogen will prevent me from having a period now or if it all doesn't matter to double up so to speak. I've never had this happen but what can I do but hope it doesn't effect the quality of my lining. Has anyone not had a period before starting the cycle?
    im waiting to hear from the clinic as we decided to give it one more day yesterday with the hope it would come but really just spotting the last two days.

Hi to everyone I missed