Closed Thread
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops, yes I forgot about that!.... re. embryo importation with breach of anonymity/Australian legislative requirements.

Laned - oh you poor thing, after everything you've been through, how can life be so unkind to some more than others... it's not fair.

OMG - now I am starting to think, imagine seeing our donor there in the waiting room - it would be freaky, to say the least.... I think I'd be beside myself... I would know her if I saw her too, as her looks have been described to me and she's not a blonde !! (which was my preference originally, I was blown away with just how many blonde SA's there are) We will leave a gift/card too. I actually would really like to have contact for the future, but am very cautious in mentioning it at this stage. I know it's illegal in SA... but maybe one day the law will change for those that wish to make contact & have agreement from both sides.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

laned  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering how it works if your donor doesn't produce. I read that someone had to use the frozen donor eggs. How much extra do they charge you and do they have guarantees in place you will get a certain amount of eggs?

All new to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the challenges keep appearing in our cycle. I am so looking for some reassurance from anybody who has used frozen eggs and had a successful pregnancy or know of somebody who has.

this morning we got another urgent call from our Dr to say that of the frozen eggs they fertilised yesterday none were really progressing today - but that the same donor had another batch of 20 frozen eggs that they wanted us to use instead. So back to the clinic yet again for DH to give another sample - and this afternoon they are going to set off with that batch. In the meantime our one donors egg has fertilised and appears to be doing well. My Dr told me that I can only use one or the other, not one from each batch... So I am expecting our next dilemma will be which to use. I'm now very concerned about our original donors quality - as apparently the rest of the fluid in the other follicles was all bad?

sooty - I will of course give you Danny's details, I will PM them to you. He is taking us to a gospel church tomorrow - I feel I need to pray now more than ever!!

we love this city so much, I just wish we were at a different point with our cycle.

if any of you an shed any light/advice on frozen eggs - I need to hear some positive stories now.

angelmama - you can choose to opt into the egg bank. To do so you just have to agree that you will donate any eggs over the number of 15 to the egg bank. There are only certain cases where you can use the frozen eggs, when they do retrieval and there are no or extremely poor quality eggs. But it is free to use in case you do need to use it - you just sign the form and tick the box to say you agree to it prior to your donors egg retrieval.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Rainbow... you really are been tested, hang in there it sounds like your Dr is doing everything he possibly can to give you a chance. Hopefully you get more than 1 good embryo with the 20 eggs & decision may be a little easier... I can imagine how you must be feeling, up & down with hope & despair - they're obviously doing their best which is reassuring to some degree. Thank you for offering to PM me Danny's details that would be appreciated. Cape Town sounds glorious.

I've done a quick Google for you - which I'm sure you have too - and this is what I found on frozen egg success rates

Here you go sweetie.... Enjoy - it should help pick you up

http://community.babycenter.com/post...zen_donor_eggs

http://www.eggfreezing.com/egg-freez...ess-rates.html

Monash IVF in Melb has started bringing in frozen eggs through the World Egg Bank in the USA (I looked into it before deciding to go overseas - but the prices were through the roof... may as well have flown to the US!!!)
    http://monashivf.com/treatment/vic/t...ocial-reasons/

Thank you so much for telling us about how the frozen egg bank works.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I just pop in and say to rainbow that my first donor cycle with my sister they collected 10 eggs. We were so happy. Crushed the next day when 1 fertilised. We cried and cried and cried. We put the 1 emby back and now 2 years on that emby is sitting on the couch with my dh as I write this. There is such a thing as a 1 emby wonder.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay - thank you so much for going to that effort for me. I really do appreciate it.

The clinic have most definitely gone above and beyond for me. I am so grateful to them for their efforts and just pray that the next 48 hours gives us something good to work with.

lilypily, my only concern with the one egg our original donor got was that it was poor quality. If the frozen egg rates are quite high, I think we might be better with the frozen ones - this donor has also created three successful pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi rainbow, good luck with your decision. I have everything crossed for you.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbow chaser,
    I just wanted to satY I'm thinking of you .... This road is hard enough without this extra stress .. You will make the right decision in the end.
    Glad you are enjoying Cape Town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you too rainbow, I know its hard hang in there, the frozen egg option looks positive they wouldn't have the frozen egg options if they didn't work. Not long now and your decision will be clear. Lots of love to you and DH

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow will be thinking of you over the next few days and praying your journey gets easier, you will know what feels right when the time comes

Laned so sorry to hear your not well, sometimes you have to wonder how much more life can throw at you but you somehow get through it, hope you start feeling better soon

xx