Closed Thread
Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations wishmeluck that is fantastic news!!!! I'm at Bangkok airport and read your news I get goosebumps and a swell of tears for the joy you must be feeling - yay so happy.

ive got 9 days of tropical samui paradise ahead of me, so im sure to be relaxed here before treatment

will keep you posted

hope all is going well in capetown rainbow - 1 day til transfer?

To all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Angelmama74 ?
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ? Nov/Dec)

Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan 2014)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar 2014)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET 9 Sep)
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET 16 Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS

IN CAPE TOWN/BANGKOK FOR PROCEDURES
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 11 Sep)
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 27 Aug)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton)
    Anait (2x5D)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - twins)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 13 (13 fresh/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1

Unkown Results = 5

Last edited by January; 26-08-2013 at 13:49.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (24-08-2013),wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Wishmeluck - Congratulations and best of luck for your next blood test

Helenmac - A big welcome back to you. I truly hope you get some solutions and get your happy ending this time. You are an inspiration
    Pixel - Enjoy Thailand and all the best for a successful cycle

DJ
    - I think I am feeling much the same as you re trying again I can't help but feel extremely negative every time I think of it Have asked for some more advice from Dr W but no response as yet I had 3 Doctors involved at different stages of my cycle so next time I am going to ensure I have the commitment of one for the entire cycle.

Jennilee - Hi hun I hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful weather we are having I am back at work so life has become hectic again but let's try for a coffee/hot chockie catch up next week

Rainbow - I hope you are having a wonderful holiday and everything is going well for you over there

Sunny15 - it must have been amazing seeing that heartbeat for the first time I am so happy for you

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by January; 23-08-2013 at 12:14.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (24-08-2013),wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I can't believe its been a couple of weeks and have just read back to catch up on all your news...
    Rainbow sending lots of your way, hope you're enjoying Cape Town and everything is going well, you are right we do go out on a limb and it is such a huge step to travel to the other side of the world on faith but what an amazing opportunity it gives us
    Pixel thinking of you and hope all your dreams come true

Sunny how fantastic to hear your baby's heartbeat, hope you're feeling well

January I was so happy to read that things sorted themselves out naturally for you and that you were able to avoid the dreaded injection, one less thing to worry about, hope you are feeling well now

BB4ME I hope you're feeling better also and that the dreaded side effects have settled down, it is amazing what the drug cocktails do to us and I don't think we realise how much until we stop them

Welcome Angelmama and to anyone I have missed

Thinking of you Donna, will call you soon

AFM - No morning sickness so far but I am so tired and ready for bed by 8.30pm most nights, hours earlier then normal and could still have a nana nap after lunch. Jennilee glad to hear your feeling well and I can relate to the starving for me its anything vinegary, and the more savoury/spicy the better so Laned interesting to hear sour for a boy and sweet for a girl... time will tell.

Love to you all xx

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

January  (26-08-2013),laned  (24-08-2013),Pixel  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck, congratulations, awesome news.

Sooty, my GP did the script for me and I checked I paid 450 for the shot, as opposed to the 370 u were quoting for daily jabs, anyhoo much cheaper than the international pharmacy.

8 sleeps to go...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (24-08-2013),sootymay  (24-08-2013),wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    sorry for the lack of contact, we have been busy out and about exploring Cape Town.

we absolutely love it here, the people, the food the city. We went to Aquila overnight on Tuesday had the most amazing time. I thought it was much better than Krugger national park and we saw many more animals.

today was our donors egg retrieval. It got pushed back from Wednesday to today (Friday) as her follicles were not very big. Met with Dr LR on Monday and he was happy with how they had grown... But today received the crushing news that they only got one egg and the quality was extremely questionable, so we have had to resort to using the donor back up bank. We have selected a new donor - ICSI performed this afternoon on all 14 eggs so hopefully we can find one or two good quality ones to transfer? I feel absolutely crushed, having come all this way and now having to go the frozen route. Funny thing is that the new donor we have chosen actually looks like me - where as our prévious one did not, we had chosen her based on the pregnancies she had delivered with her previous donations.

i am absolutely confident that I saw our donor this morning when we were at the clinic. I recognised her because her mother was with her - and she was in one of the photos the agency had shown to us.

I cannot recommend Danny our driver highly enough to any of you. He has been fantastic taking us all over the place and to and from the clinic in short notice today.

Hope all of you are doing well those who are both pregnant and still on the journey to become so.

sooty - I also got the daily Lucrin injection and paid about $320 for it. My FS recommended it over the depot for me to ensure the dosage was controlled and I did not ovulate through it - so definitely worth checking with your clinic to see which one is best for you as all our bodies are so different, I ovulated through the orgalutran in my last IVF cycle - but was fine on Syneral so apparently Lucrin is most like Syneral?

Baby dust to us all

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SH72 – I think you maybe able to bring frozen embryos back in, but I’ve read somewhere it is just about cheaper to fly back to SA to use them… and then they have all the importation laws here… I also read somewhere that some people fly them to Thailand & travel there to use, as it's cheaper to fly to Thailand and not as far.... but there is also the small risk of loss during transit (damage with temperature controls etc)… having said that I had embryos flown to Brisbane from Melbourne and when they thawed the embryologist said they were the best looking embryos and hadt hawed beautifully… but they didn’t result in a BFP in the end

Glad you had a lovely male GP, you’ll be feeling a lot better about that and that’s the way they should all be. My latest FS is so different to my first FS –and I just love him, it makes SUCH a difference.

Keep us posted on how you go with your Reproductive Immunologist…it’s good you’re making some enquiries…sometimes I think those appointments keep us going with something to focus on…as disruptive/expensive as they can be at least you will find out more & if it’s an issue or not.

Pixel – that sounds lovely, tropical paradise… I’m sure it will help you relax, at least that’s one thing with travel for these cycles, it’sa wee holiday as well, airports and all the hope and excitement that comes with travelling. Thinking of you heaps… everything’s crossed for you.

January – I really feel for you & understand how hard it is to pick yourself back up and get positive again…. I’m only just beginning tothink now that this may work, but it’s hard yards and you’ve got to protectyour sanity too. Its so frustrating/maddening when you don’t get any answers! I’m not sure if you’ve made contactwith Dr Heylen before? His response time to any questions has been 2ndto none… sometimes late at night and weekends SA time. I don’t know what all of his expertise is with the answers/opinions you are seeking, but he has been amazing, and I am 110% happy with him….just a thought.

Anait – thanks for your update on your pregnancy

Jodi – thanks heaps for the clarification on the GP script/cost for the depot injection. Its interesting as I gave the list of meds to my FS here when I had my biopsy & for whatever reason when he looked it up he couldn’t find the depot injections. I’ll see my GP next week and hopefully she can get it in.
    I think that’s what we are going to do, DH agrees, one injection, over dailysprays/injections will be much easier for us… just hoping I don’t ovulate through it, I’ve never had before, so don’t know how I’ll react, and it kind of makes sense that a daily dose of something is more controlled for the body…but we’ve got so much on already with 12 hour days at work etc… I think a one off will be easier…(Rainbowchaser – thank you for answering my question too J)

Rainbowchaser – thanks for the update, the agency said Aquila was worth doing too! Glad you are enjoying CT it's reassuring to hear how wonderful it is and makes me excited to think what we can do when we are there in November.

I hope you are ok and feeling more confident now with your new donor. That is terribly crushing news after everything to choose a donor and get there with her in mind &that she had previous pregnancies from donation…. It’s scary isn’t it…. It’s such a numbers game, you think you’ve chosen well, but how do you really know until the cycle is complete & embryos have made it to Day 5..… its wonderful that your new donor looks like you!! 14 eggs is a good number. I hope you’re managing to stay positive and keep busy exploring during this fragile time. Fancy seeing your donor in the waiting room… I’ve often wondered if that could happen.

Would you be happy to share your driver, Danny’s contact details? Are you using him for getting around CT or other places as well?

HI to everyone else.
    Last edited by sootymay; 24-08-2013 at 07:11. Reason: Copied from word and spaces were removed during pasting into BHub

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

January  (26-08-2013),Pixel  (24-08-2013),Rainbowchaser  (24-08-2013),Sh72  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wish - a huge congratulations to you Hun that is fabulous news. Look forward to the updates.

Angelmamma - welcome, looking at your signature you have truly endured a road to hell and back, so I wish you the very best of luck for your journey. May your little angel watch over you during your journey. Xx

Pixel - have fun soaking up that wonderful sun. We went to Samui back in 2000. It was fabulous. You will be in top shape for your TF.

Jodie, Helenmac and Jenni - thanks for the warm wishes. Xx

Jenni - I ended up not having a CVS. I also opted not to have the 13 week nucal scan. Reason being, I asked about the effect of analysing my bloods, when using a DE. In essence, no one could tell me whether the analytical formula they use quantifying the risk using the nucal fold measurement and bloods from me would be an accurate reflection. I questioned whether an accurate test should use the donors blood. Again no one could tell. Hence, I didn't proceed. It did make for a very nervous 20week scan though.

Sorry forgot who asked - re embryo importation - my understanding is that the anonymity is in breach of our legislative requirements, hence preventing the importation. That said, if we had of had some frosties, I intended on testing the legislation by bringing a two fold application, arguing conflicting laws prevent the donor from being identified and essentially we entered into a legal contract and that my DH had a 'proprietary' interest with it being his genetic material. Truly, I don't know how successful we would have been, but I was going to give it a shot. Unfortunately I may never get to test the theory, granted I had to have a classical CS and recent diagnosis of thyroid issues.

Donna, January and BB4me - you are all in my thoughts and I hope you are being kind to yourselves.

Donna - Wow Hun, you really have given this fight everything. I truly admire your courage and strength. I truly can't even begin to imagine the toll of undergoing so many donor cycles. Perhaps have a chat with the FS. Could it be an immunological issue? Take care. Xx

AFM - I thought I was extremely fatigued due to new motherhood. Unfortunately, turns out blood tests demonstrating I either have post partum thyroiditis or Graves' disease. My GP thinks more likely the former, but wants me to have a nuclear scan. I don't really want to have one as they use radioactive isotopes essentially rendering my excretions radioactive for a short period of time. Don't want to be around the bubba like that! It's a sh!t really, 5-10% of women will develop pp thyroiditis.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself, I am sick of being in the minute percentages. Only 0.03% of all CS performed are via a classical incision and then we had to deal with Will having a respiratory arrest at 3 weeks and having stomach surgery at 4 weeks!

One of my friends keeps telling me it is because I'm 'special', maybe I should buy lotto. That said, I have to focus on the important fact that I am blessed with a beautiful and now healthy little boy.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

January  (26-08-2013),Pixel  (24-08-2013),Sh72  (25-08-2013),wishmeluck  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whoops forgot...

Rainbow - It is freaky when you think you see your donor. I was convinced I saw mine in the waiting area on the day of her EPU. I have very curly hair and there was a girl who matched my characteristics waiting with her partner. It is such a surreal feeling. I wanted desperately to thank her, but in the same token was mindful that such would likely make her feel very uncomfortable. We ended up leaving her a gift and card. Remember magic happens in Africa. Xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow so sorry to hear your news as I know how hard that is we only got the two eggs and it feels do devasting when you are so looking forward to an "easy/productive" cycle with a donor, as our own cycles are using pretty hard. I was so excited that you got to use the donor egg bank 14 is fantastic and that she looks like you - mean to be?

for those that are recovering from BFN I know how hard to it is and can be for awhile. DH and I were gutted and it felt hard with each other as we coped differently but time does heal and we have an amazing ability to have hope again each time we learn things about ourselves it brings us closer together and for me as much as my heart so desperately wants to hold and have my little one I know I've have done all I can and its just a matter of waiting but in the mean time being grateful for all the wonderful people and experiences I have in life- including you guys! I know its always easier to feel this way when your at the being of a treatment cycle with so much hope but I now know the road is not smooth sailing but lll be okay my heart can heal.

laned l hope you can get your diagnosis and treatment sorted quickly and be back to feeling some energy you certainly have not had it easy and I too ask myself why am I so "special"

AFM waiting for AF while enjoying a piña colada

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

January  (26-08-2013),laned  (25-08-2013)