Closed Thread
Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What clinics did people use in Cape Town? and which Doctor? hotel suggestions and locations? I will be traveling by myself so I need something safe! also how long would I need to stay in CPT?

Looking now and what my options are
    Last edited by angelmama74; 21-08-2013 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick answer to Jennilee :-)
    I've had CVS testing. Sootymay it stands for Chorionic Villus Sampling. It's similar to amnio where a needle is passed through your tummy into your uterus and takes a plug of the placenta for testing of chromosomal abnormalities. It can be done earlier than amnio (10-14 weeks) but there's a slightly higher rate of miscarriage. Not a test you want to have to have. One was recommended to me after my combined blood and ultrasound results at my NT scan at 12 weeks. Hopefully with these young eggs on board none of us will need one. Fingers crossed :-)
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 21-08-2013 at 22:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jennilee you may not even need a cvs, if your nuchal scan and bloods are ok, I think the lowest I got was for tri18 and it was in the 200s which are pretty good odds that everything will be fine and it was.

Angelmama we all use Cape Fertility Clinic or CFC check out their website for Drs (there are 4 of them and use their doctors only, most of us use Dr Le Roux, Heylen and Wiswedel SP??) their recommended agencies (even though though they are all pretty much the same) and as for accommodation check out threads 1 and 2 and this thread for recommendations and all the information you will need.

sooty I had the depot injection but I ordered it here in Australia, I paid $450 or $550 for it, I cant remember which it was only a month ago, my memory is shocking now, you can order from your chemist it takes up to a week to get it in depending on whether the distributor has it or not so I would give them as much notice as possible, I gave my chemist 3 weeks notice but got it within a week, though the chemist said the distributor had trouble getting a hold of it. If you decide to go that way get your meds prescription now from your doctor and put the prescription in give them loads of notice. I used triptorelin again but one of the other ladies used the leupron!?!?? the other one. I can't take the sniffy drugs they send me loopy laughing one minute, crying the next, I'm like that anyway lol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (22-08-2013),sootymay  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had been looking at their site and had decided to use them but when I saw the egg donor agencies had listed other clinics I thought I would ask.

Thanks for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, They might be clinics in JoBurg i.e Medfem and Durban. The agencies have donors who will donate all over SA. Good luck with your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    SootyMay - have had syranal in other IVF cycles and have had no issues apart from occasional sore nasals from the sniffing. It is easy and is done twice daily to suppress your ovaries.

Jennilee - are you getting a 12 weeks scan? Generally they will tell you about your risks etc - young donors often have less risk than older ladies. If you didnt want to go ahead with the CVS or amnio then there is a blood test that is now available that is non invasive. About $1200 but I know a friends that chose this over the CVS due to less risk etc. If the 12 week scan okay then usually no need to do other forms of testing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in with some good news to share. It's a BFP :-)
    HCG 130, Progesterone 264. I'm not sure if the hcg should be higher for 15dpo but I guess Saturdays blood test will reveal more. Please double :-)
    Baby dust to everyone on their journeys and smooth sailing for everyone with Springboks in their tummies!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (06-09-2013),laned  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Wish, absolutely fantastic news

Now I am off to catch up on the last couple of weeks and see how everyone else is doing... were does the time go?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your responses to my questions

Depot Inj vrs Spray - I'm still deciding... can't be that big a decision, but I'm a wimp when it comes to potential side effects (& have been so very lucky with none in the past with meds), but not keen on spending all that money on a jab.... however, if it puts my mind at rest, and is so much easier than a daily thing.... I should probably run with it.... I'll pop into the chemist as ask if they can get it in.... I've got a script for ordering through the UK pharmacy, but obviously it would be easier to walk into a chemist here...did you need a script though????... if so, I guess I ask my GP or FS for it? Thank you.

angelmama - sounds exciting that you're starting to get the ball rolling with your clinic choice & donor!

Wishmeluck - OMG How wonderful !!!! Congratulations, special times as a wee miracle develops & grows inside you xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Wishmeluck, just fantastic news !!

Best of luck to the ladies in Cape Town and going soon. Enjoy it, it really is a wonderful place.
    The ladies here a re so inspiring and it is a relief to be able to come on here read how everyone is doing ( the good and the tough times ) and share our experiences.

AFM - doing it a bit tough .. but as we, do I have made some appointments and going to see a reproductive immunoligist as I really think there is an issue with my immune system and want it all checked before i think about going for my frozens..
    Has anyone ever tried to get their frozens brought back to Oz or is that illegal ?

You will be pleased to know I went to another ( male GP) and he was so lovely and sympathetic ! Quite different to my previos experience lol !!

Big shout out to Sunny for being so kind !!

SH
    xoxo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (23-08-2013)