Closed Thread
Page 31 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just popped on quickly to wish Rainbow a bon voyage, you must be leaving tomorrow....its finally here honey....your turn now!! All the very best and enjoy the very beautiful Cape Town and all it has to offer. I have everything crossed that you come back with a little excess baggage

AFM
    DP just arrived home and it is the first time we can be together since our positive result. We got the phone call from the GP when I was driving DP to the airport and he has been at work for a week. Forgive me, but Im off to spoon with him!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Wow - crazy 24 hours, but finished up work today... turned off my work email and phone, so hopefully now can get my head in the game!

Have a scan at my IVF clinic here tomorrow to check my lining. We fly out Saturday morning.

Donor agency has been giving me updates that our donor is progressing well with her medication. I'm not going to ask beyond that as it's not like my stressing is going to have any impact on helping her cycle along at this stage?

Hubby of course isn't packed... Weather in CT seems a bit cold at the moment (Pixel.. jealous of you cycling in lovely warm Thailand)

Thank you everybody for your support. This forum is truly amazing and I wouldn't even be on this journey if it were not for you amazing women. I am just blown away and touched by the lengths so many of you have gone to to share your experiences with me and give me tips on what I can expect in Cape Town. I'm looking forward to it so much. If we don't come back with the BFP we are searching for, I know that we will have made memories that will last a lifetime (and you don't get that after a failed IVF cycle in Oz!)

If I don't get a chance to jump on tomorrow, I will bid you farewell until I reach Cape Town.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bon voyage Rainbow

You said it so well, the support this forum gives us and the memories you'll gain from a beautiful holiday overseas at the same time. Much better than doing it here !!

I went to a "Scenic Tour" evening tonight at the Hyatt in the city.. Of course it was on Cape Town, SA, Africa - just for ideas OMG its spectacular - and something to do one day we win lotto...or aim for when we are retired. Its a gorgeous country, stunning game tours / glamorous lodges, mountains, rivers, water falls, coast lines, wine, cheeses and beautiful people - I felt like I was in another world.. the magnificent animals etc...I could go on and on.. but the reality is the cheapest tour they offer is about $11k per person (minus airfares!) .....one day... still gave me a fabulous glimpse of a stunning country.

Enjoy - and good luck, we'll be thinking of you !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck - that's fantastic news!! Everything crossed for you now, and hopefully a lovely finished reno to come home to with a wee surprise on board as well

Welcome Panda - you'll love this forum. Good luck to you with your cycle

Update - we rec'd our treatment plan over night from Dr Heylen (gosh I just cant keep saying how impressed I am with them. Everything is there & very clear and laid out, the donors results, dates to take everything, quantities & even flight information for DT! - they are extremely professional). So NOW I can book flights

I saw a good deal with Singapore, just under $1700, up to Singapore, tech stop in J Burg, then Cape Town. So am wanting to secure those flights before their gone! Retrieval is booked for 11 November.

My sister put me onto skyscanner.com.au (she is the ultimate Google Queen and bargain hunter ie. flights return to Thailand for mid $600's - now that's good... we sometimes pay that return to NZ!).... I also look at zuji.com.au

Hope everyone else is well and moving along. SH72, how are you, I've been thinking of you and hoping your ok... you've been so brave and positive throughout, but it still can't be easy.
    Last edited by sootymay; 16-08-2013 at 06:02.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (16-08-2013),wishmeluck  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well !
    Rainbow chaser : best of luck and enjoy wonderful Capetown it is really a wonderful experience and fingers crossed you come back with a little springbok inboard.

Sootymay : thank you so much for thinking of me. I don't really know what to do next .. Have asked dr W for advice and have just had a reply this morning so he suggests lots of tests here .. Will try and work through it and which type of Dr to see.. Can I just say you don't need to do a tour to see the great parts of Cape town .. I have been there a couple of times and always felt safe just make sure you choose a good place to stay , near the V& A is a good place to start ( just my opinion ). We drove ourselves out to Franshoek ( wine region ) only 1 hr drive and super easy !! It was wonderful and so cheap compared to Aus ..

Have a great weekend everyone !

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan 2014)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar 2014)
    Sahndi (Cape Town ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET 16 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 24 Aug)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)

BFP
    Sunny15 (2x5D)
    Anait (2x5D)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - twins)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 12 (4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1

Unkown results = 5

10. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone ,

Just wanted to ask, how long do you need to be in Cape Town if you do a FET ? And the drug regime ?
    Thanks so much !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SH72 - that's good you have some direction & extra tests available from Dr W. Do you think it could just be one of those very very unfortunate incidents where the embryo floated around & ended up in the tube? Please excuse me, if that's not what happened, but I thought unfortunately that is possible natural/or IVF... I remember there was mention of ectopic? ... sorry I'm not that educated on that side of things.... It's so confusing isn't it, & just heartbreaking, to wonder why? I've always tried to think "it just want meant to be" ... I think I'd go insane if I thought too much more into it .. having said that I do question everything and would be doing the same asking for extra tests and the experts opinions... I just cant get my head around, whether its a pure "numbers game" or not... I'm thinking of your & hope your tests give you clarity.

Whoops, I must have miscommunicated.... The Scenic tour evening I went to last night - was purely to soak up more information & recommendations about SA & Africa, definitely not to use them - OMG, we could do 2+ rounds of IVF with CFC for those costs !! I got some good tips though... one was http://www.monkeyland.co.za/ (I've just Googled it, about 5 hours from CT!) - but sounded amazing, a guide takes you through the Forest & these beautiful primate monkeys "apparently" walk beside you with no fear ... another tip was if you are flying within Africa a little (not us) but that it is cheaper to buy a "African Pass" when purchasing an international fare, apparently makes the domestic legs cheaper. (Can't do with Qantas tho) - They recommended South African Airlines for the domestic routes - take an international adaptor !! (I hadn't even got that far!) http://www.cango-caves.co.za/ is meant to be amazing, Rodden Island (I'd heard of that on here befoe) Radisson Blue Waterfront where Scenic tours stay (I haven't even looked at that yet - but am suspecting the cost will be more than we would like to budget for ) ... OMG if we had a TONNE of money, the 31 day tour looks out of this world, magical....

Nite all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies
    Just popping in to say And to say Good Luck to Rainbow & Pixel & other ladies traveling to commence ivf cycles. I wish you all the best Try and relax through the process as much as you can. I now think being calm has a lot to do with increasing your chances for a BFP
    enjoy your holidays and look forward to reading your stories.
    Im trundling along well. I will be 9 weeks on Monday. After my bleed earlier on, I didn't think I would get this far. Still no MS for me, I just get starving all of a sudden and have to eat. Vegemite on toast is a favorite - funny because I never really liked it before. It is still day by day. Like Miss Leo told me , I probably won't stop worrying until 19 weeks! 10 weeks to go
    And hugs of support to those enduring the roller coaster, you are in my thoughts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (17-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jennilee lovely to hear from you and that you and the Springbok are well. I don't think you ever stop worrying. Unfortunately, we have all had such a difficult road to get here it seems to take the innocence out of the pregnancy process. I am sure it just makes us all a bit hypervigilent. As for the cravings aren't they wild!!! It was pickled onions and cheezels for me, combined even.

Apparently if you crave savoury more likely a boy and sweets for a girl

Pixel, Sotty, Happy heart and Chrissy hoping your dreams are soon realised. May the magic of Affrica be with you all. Xxx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (20-08-2013),Pixel  (17-08-2013)