Closed Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

This may sound naive but a friend just said to me 'be aware of scams' how do you know if its a reputable agency?

and what airlines did you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel – WOW it’s all starting to happen for you now. I’m sure you’ll relax once you arrive in a gorgeous location, just envious thinking about it! I remember reading your first few posts when you joined and was so hopeful for you, I really hope it works for you too this time and can understand the underlying anxiety that it may not. It’s so difficult isn’t it, you want to be positive & hopeful and you find yourself thinking about a little miracle growing inside (finally! and what that would be like) and then you try to be reasonable and realistic and think what will be will be, I’m strong etc etc… yeah right…. Much easier said than done !!
    I’m a pretty strong person & not overly emotional (I keep it locked away) BUT I really have been quite surprised at times how much of a toll this has taken on us over the past 4 years and where did all that time go?! Sometimes the emotion hits me from no-where, and its just awful, so scary as I always think at the end of the day what can you do... you just have to keep trying in which ever way you can, and then on top of that we’ve got DH’s thoughts on the matter to manage as well!!! ... I usually shut all those emotionals down in a hurry as soon as they surface, not healthy I know!!!!….I’ve got everything crossed for you, it will be just wonderful to read a post soon saying “it a BFP” – whenever I read these, it’s almost like my own – its so exciting and my heart always jumps a beat lucky girls
    J...

hopefully its going to happen for all of us too xx.

Sorry – I cant remember & I’m still unsure how to read through old posts from 1 person?.. what made you decide on Thailand this time? You're using Global egg donors aren't you?...they have a lovely selection of donors. What clinic are you using in Thailand?

Net – Your post made me chuckle throughout! Yes, it’s a huge relief to have leave approved, such a big thing and I need my job, and I’m not good at telling fibs at the best of times, so I’ve got my story now and hopefully I don’t get asked too many questions in the meantime! I too, need a crown (that split about 2 months ago) and possibly a root canal sorted out….(what a waste of money... ha ha... would rather be spending it on other things - car tyres are just as bad... boring aye!!) I’m been positive in thinking (IF) I get pregnant – see there’s still caution in there!!! … that I need these 2 teeth sorted out before a pregnancy and a bouncing baby in 9 months !!!!

I loved your New York stop over reasoning – too cute! You are very brave doing this on your own. I wish you so much luck, it sounds even more involved than South Africa and a world of the unknown… but Iguess like when I started out, once you research it you feel so much more at ease. Sounds so glamorous & exotic too!

Angelmama – I was worried about scams when I started out, firstly when I looked into Thailand and then SA. Having said that, I spent HOURS and HOURS researching (and its not something I particularly like to do,sitting on the computer all the time) looking at all the agencies and clinics... trying to find forums etc, I've even found one that I think is UK based, it's not as lengthy as this one (the ladies on here have done a fab job!!). Then I stumbled across a forum for Thailand & a contact through friends of a lady that had been to Thailand, I met up with her – she was wonderful to share her time with me (someone had kindly done the same for her) – and that made me feel 100% sure. I know when I first started out, I was so overwhelmed and I didn't seem to be able to find any information or help out there... but then I found this forum, and honestly it's been a life saver... my sanity is still intact and I'm so glad to have moved through that period of limbo and confusion. I even went to a counsellor twice for help, as I knew this is what I was going to do, but needed someone to talk to - I ended it after 2 sessions, as I felt I had got it off my chest, she gave me a couple of good answers - and I was done and dusted - and then onto here for all the wonderful support and information, rather than forking out $180 a session - ouch !!

I took nearly 5 days, up all hours of the night and again 4.30am in the morning, reading through all the original threads that were started by Jodi back in 2011 !!! If you can find the time to do that, I highly recommend reading through all 3 threads and I’m sure you’ll come out feeling a lot more relaxed about it all. It changed my thinking by the end of it, as there are recommendations and feed back on agencies and clinics and doctors in here. Hope that helps some
    Last edited by sootymay; 14-08-2013 at 07:09.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (14-08-2013),emski72  (14-08-2013),Pixel  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been reading this thread lately and I have found it very helpful. I usually post on the 40's thread and am on a cycle at the moment with my eggs but will have to see as not having much luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar maybe sooner)
    Sahndi (Cape Town ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)
    Sootymay

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 24 Aug)
    IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    Sunny15 (2x5D)
    Anait (2x5D)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - twins)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 12 (4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss/Non-viable = 2
    Unkown results = 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome team panda - good luck with your current cycle!

Congrats DJ for selecting a donor

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar maybe sooner)
    Sahndi (Cape Town ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)
    Sootymay

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 24 Aug)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)

BFP
    Sunny15 (2x5D)
    Anait (2x5D)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - twins)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 12 (4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1
    Unkown results = 5

Last edited by January; 15-08-2013 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just a quick one from me.

DJ - Congratulations on your donor selection When are you going over?

Chrisseytree, Wishmeluck & Happyheart1 - According to the roll call you are in South Africa Hope all is going well for you all

Team Panda - Welcome and best wishes for your current cycle

Rainbow - Your next honey

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by January; 15-08-2013 at 12:09.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    January - thanks for thinking of me. Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. I wanted to get through the chaos of house reno's and just getting to SA and since then have been at the clinic and exploring this magical place. All went well with my cycle and I ended up with an expanded blastocyst transferred on Monday with 6 more blastocysts frozen. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Bless my lovely young donors! Blood test scheduled for 22/8 but who am I kidding? There'll be numerous POAS attempts before then! LOL I fly home Sat.

Lots of baby dust to everyone on their journeys.

Wish

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (15-08-2013),Rainbowchaser  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wish,

Great to hear from you So glad you have had such a great result I will update the roll call Very excited

14. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations wish me luck - wishing you luck wow what a fantastic result so happy for you to have lots of options that's great news

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (15-08-2013)