Closed Thread
Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Though I would share this website with you - it's fantastic - Dr Geoffrey is obviously a very educated & caring man to take the time to share all this information. Problem is I never have the time to troll through it all!

http://haveababy.com/?s=Immunologic+...on+Dysfunction

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (12-08-2013),Sunny15  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I have an idea of costs from SA and CFC but I wondering if the cycle is not successful, how much is a FET?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

An update from me!!! Today's HCG is now 3 I can't believe I am so happy about this!!! It's not ectopic therefore I have managed to dodge the Methotrexate injection. It's time to enjoy life again after weeks of limbo and stress. I am so glad I asked the Doctor if I could wait another week to see what happened

Love and babydust to all
    Last edited by January; 12-08-2013 at 17:27.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (12-08-2013),Rainbowchaser  (12-08-2013),sootymay  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is scary when they think its ectopic, I had that scare a few weeks ago and I had my d and c today.

Glad its worked out for the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news January so glad you can ow move forward

sorry Angelmama I'm not sure of the cost of FET we didn't get that far but I would guess 1-2000aud.
    We have now booked flights and accommodation so we have a lovely holiday to start in Ko Samui then we head to Bangkok for treatment.
    I am excited for another chance and so grateful that l have one but also scared for worst case scenarios.

I hope the time in ko Samui gets us both relaxed. I know if we can get a good response with our donor this will be the first hurdle that will gives us the reassurance we need. As you guys know with so many poor responses with me and our first donor its hard to know how to prepare for another but l am always hoping for different .

They are going with a low dose of gonal F and close monitoring for my donor, I just hope they haven't worried so much about her over stimulating that its not enough to get good follicles.
    But I can't change what it will be so there's no point worrying .

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - I am so happy for you that things have sorted themselves out naturally.

Angelmama74 - I'm not sure about FET costs either I'm sorry. I will be thrilled if I have frosties left over next week - but right now all I am praying for is one lovely healthy little blastie that will hopefully result in a bub?

Pixel - oh my goodness. I love Koh Samui SOOOOO MUCH... you are going to have so much fun and be so relaxed. Not sure if I told you (the Lucrin is messing with my mind in the worst way possible now). My husband and I stayed at the Anantara Resort in Bo Phat Beach - and it was dreamy. Nice and quiet with the lovely little fishermans village next door with sensational restaurants to eat at every night if we didn't eat in the hotel.

I've read that low stims produce the best eggs - so try to take a big deep breath and you just focus on the wonderful relaxing time you will have in Koh Samui before it happens.

I got all excited a few weeks back Pixel when I thought we might be cycle buddies - but then I realised that you would be in Thailand and I would be in Cape Town. Thinking of you... I know what you're going through right now... although a dose of sunshine would do me the world of good right now. I've been watching the weather in Cape Town this week and it looks a little chilly!

Lots of hugs and babydust to all...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rainbow - Not long now...you must be so excited!!! How is your neck now?

Pixel - Congrats and it will be here before you know it. What a lovely idea in having the relaxing holiday first....such a gorgeous place too.

January - Im so glad that you are no longer in limbo and its worked out naturally. Onward and upward for you now

Angel - Welcome...you made the cross over...there are a few of us here from the IVF Over 40 thread. I have not researched the cost of a FET at CFC, however, a fellow Bubhubber has mentioned A$675.

Sooty - Thanks for the information.

DJ - Yay...AF finally here...onward and upward for you too. Are you still getting dizzy?

AFM
    06.08.13 - HCG = 140 & Prog = 70 - 10dp5dt
    08.08.13 - HCG = 250 & Prog = 69 - 12dp5dt
    10.08.13 - HCG = 540 & Prog = 110 - 14dp5dt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny, My neck is good today, a little stiff - but nothing to complain about. Had acupuncture again today and feel a whole lot calmer within myself.

I also packed my clothes and my daughters clothes today, which makes me feel a million times more relaxed and organised. Mind you - you should see my bag of medications - it's outrageous (do I get a special allowance for medical necessities on the plane - I hope so, because I seem to have so much stuff).

DH says he's going to pack on Wednesday night (but I will believe that when I see it) but I'm not going to stress about it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - that's good news, at least there's no nasty chemicals to deal with, and nature is taking its course

Pixel - oooooh how exciting.... I'm a bit jealous, as when we had Thailand on the radar, I was so excited about the weather, resorts, cheap food and lovely people... you'll love it. I'm meeting up with a friend in a couple of weeks, that is due in October with a donor baby from Thailand

Rainbow - how wonderful, finally packing & nearly ready to go !! Excitement plus - travel is best at the best of times, and I always remember Jodi's wise words, to try & treat it as a holiday to lessen the pressure (which of course is always there, even if we pretend it's not!!)

SH72 - how are you both going?

I put in my leave form today for time off at work & had it approved (a huge relief) as we now have our treatment plan for November travel. So glad I left it a few months to get things organised (I'm the most unorganised person there is) - extra wages, organising our tax refund, & thought I should get cracking & finish painting the rest of the house, just a few rooms to go (thinking positively .... even if cautiously good!
    Last edited by sootymay; 12-08-2013 at 22:06.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Just staying hello and catching up on where everyone is at

hi Angel

Sooty, that leave form is a doozy of a step isn't it. I am boldly booking flights before I've even asked if I can go. For me the leave will be a not negotiable so don't care what their answer is

January, I'm ever so happy you've managed to avoid the injection

Pixel, good luck. I know it is hard but remember there will always be what-ifs. You are giving it your best shot. Thailand is a great option. I nearly went there myself for donor embryos. My attraction was shopping for silk fabric and silver beads and trinkets. will still miss that!

Rainbow, good luck for you too. I'm an early packer too! Best of luck with your hubby's packing!

I am up to the flight booking stage. I have a lovely flight centre girl that I spoke to a couple of months ago, who still remembers me and what my journey is for. As part of trying to be less stressed, I've told her what I want in terms of price and timing and left her to work her magic. It will definitely be treated as a holiday as I'm arriving a week and a half before the procedure and staying a week after. She was rather concerned about me overnighting in New York, however seeing the lights of New York, to me would be rather wonderful. My teenage crush, the actor Matt Dillon lives there! Sigh .... I'm feeling quite excited just now!

This way another of the scans will be in Barbados too and the fee for it is already covered in their costs. That's good as I had to head to the dentist yesterday to replace a broken filling and finally succumb to the crown I've been avoiding. Expense wise I also need to do tyres and service on my car and I'm worrying about the damage to my credit card. Nothing I can go but grit my teeth and get on with it though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (14-08-2013)