Closed Thread
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sh72 - I am so sorry Hun. How disappointing for you both.

Please change GPs the last thing you need is for an unsupportive doctor. I agree totally with JodieW, your GPs conduct was unprofessional and if it had been said to me I would not have been so accommodating. In fact it would be a comment that would lead me to make a report to the equivalent of the Health Quality Complaints Commission. As both an RN with subsequent legal quals, I find her comment completely abhorrent. Please take good care and be kind to yourself xxx.

In so far as legality, it is completely legal to go to SA for egg donation. The conflicting legislation is what prohibits the importation of the embryos. After all, most donor sperm in this country comes from the USA, with the ID of the donor being known. I am also aware of a Brissy clinic contemplating the importation of frozen donor eggs.

I am with Rainbow 'just flip them off' and surround yourself with positive, supportive beautiful people. Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry SH72 how sad for you both xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone...just a quickie this morn...my last day of holidays, back to work on Monday!!

06.08.13 - HCG = 140 - 10dp5dt
    08.08.13 - HCG = 250 - 12dp5dt

Retesting tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SH72...I really feel for you. So sorry it didn't work out this time. It's a tough road, but a well travelled road but you will reach your goal, we all will, it just takes a bit more time for some of us. Glad you have those frosties. Hugs to you both xx

Sunny...Great HCG...my prediction is double trouble!!

AFM..no sign of AF yet and major dizziness when I put my head down so not sure what the heck that's all about!

Donna xxxx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013),Sunny15  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sh72 - I am so disappointed for you, we all place so much hope in this working and unfortunately about half the time it doesn't I am going with the philosophy if we keep trying our odds will increase until it works. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best with your future plans

Sunny15 - Those look like some very health numbers

Rainbow - How are you love? Is the medication still sending you bonkers? What day do you leave?

DJSHEARS - That dizziness doesn't sound good, make sure you look after yourself today

AFM - AF has arrived accompanied by a cracking headache I am really hoping that Monday's scan, BT show that there is nothing still hanging in there

Love to all

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (09-08-2013),Sh72  (09-08-2013),Sunny15  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your lovely messages, it is tough but your support does help .

Firstly I will get a new GP !! I think I also need to get some more tests done , as my eggs have always been blamed as the reason why I wasn't pregnant. But now that I have tried with excellent quality eggs and that didn't work, is there another reason I am not getting pregnant ? Never naturally and never with 9 rounds of IVF and 1 EDT ?

Sunny : those numbers are great, hard to go back to work after this time off I imagine .
    Donna : still no period wow .. I don't feel like mine is close and I am up to 36 days !! Is it normal for us ?
    January : sounds like your body is getting back to normal,a relief I bet ..

Thanks again enjoy the weekend !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - Yep, it really does sound that your body is bouncing back...good luck for Monday's tests.

DJ - What's going on hun? Something's not quite right...have you raised it with Dr W/Cyndi or your GP.

SH72 - I raised the same questions with Dr W prior to commencing this cycle...I was concerned that out of all of my IVF attempts, including a donor cycle here in Cairns, I had never received a BFP. Im just going to throw anything out there for you.....Do you have any issues with lining thickness? Have you had any tests for immune issues...eg; NK Cells, ANA etc? What blood work have you done...eg; what is your Vitamin D level, thyroid function etc? Feel free to PM me and we can 'brainstorm'...I have elevated ANA which is age related, so Dr W suggested an Intralipid Infusion which I took up.

Hope everyone has lovely plans for the weekend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SH72 I'm so sorry to hear that. So so sad and disappointing, just heart breaking. It really brings it up for all of us, the painful memories of previous disappointments sitting just under the surface. Be gentle on yourselves and cry it all out if you can... something I'm not that good at, but I think it is important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - Sorry to hear you have a headache too.

AFM - My neck is killing me. I've had a massage and about 40 acupuncture needles in my head neck and shoulders today to try to release the pain. I feel much better tonight, but these drugs are making me loopy. I can be mid sentence and completely forget what I was saying! I am blonde, but oh my goodness the Lucrin is killing me. .2ml a day I thought would ease my mind to not ovulate through... but i think i'm going to lose my mind instead.

I'm stressed about how I am going to do all the things I need to do at work before I leave. We fly out on Saturday morning and wont arrive until almost midnight cape town time as we have a 4 hour wait in Johberg

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls,

Thought I was on the mend but early evening last night the head spins came back and the dizziness. Nowhere near as bad as the night before thankfully. Woke up to my ears ringing and only a bit unbalanced and dizzy and AF so great!

Have been looking at the donors and guess I am leaning towards the one that is the most suited, the "squishiest" if you know what I mean. I don't think there was an issue with or previous donor but rather the sperm donor I/we chose. Anyway, I am going to try and get my head sorted out (literally), get back on the deep sea krill oil and the green super powder and try and go for a few walks and just refresh over the next few weeks. It's Sunday and DP has to work in a while so we might hang out for a few hours before he goes.

Hope you are all doing well....healing hearts for some of us and growing bubbies for others.

Donna xxxx