Closed Thread
Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Sunny that is just awesome news !! So happy to hear of more positives from SA

AFM had my blood test this morning... should know this afternoon.. have no idea of what the result will be.. Went to my GP to get the blood test done, told her about SA, donor etc and so helpfully she said "it's illegal you know " !! I said it's not in SA that's why I went there.. but feel mad about that comment.. how do others feel about it ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SH72 what part of egg donation is illegal, its legal in australia but you have to register the donation, you just chose to have the donation in a country where it doesnt have to be registered, the government doesnt need to know your business. What a stupid ignorant cow. I'm flabbergasted at some of the responses that you girls have received from healthcare people, I would like to say professionals but clearly they are not! Makes my blood boil I'm severely sleep deprived and would have ripped shreds off the biatch giving her a little education in patient relations and manners

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sh72 that is pretty shocking of her to say that to you. In my quest for assistance on this journey I was informed by 3 IVF clinics that it was illegal for them to assist me prior to going. However, afterwards I am being looked after very well by one of these clinics! Let's hope one day the Reproductive Technology Council (I think that is what they are called) passes some realistic legislation on egg donor issues in the future so that we are not all driven overseas to fulfill our dreams.

I hope she hasn't ruined your day. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (08-08-2013),Sunny15  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    DJSHEARS (Cape Town ?)
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar maybe sooner)
    Sahndi (Cape Town ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)
    Sootymay

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 24 Aug)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

BFP
    Sunny15 (2x5D)
    Anait (2x5D)

Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - twins)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 12 (4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 9 (8 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss/Non-viable = 2
    Unkown results = 5
    Last edited by January; 09-08-2013 at 14:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sh72 - Good luck today...I have everything crossed for you. May I ask in what way is it illegal? My GP was only TOO willing to assist me...she was quite excited to do so. I took all my CFC documentation to her and she prescribed all my plethora of medications. She didn't question the process or the legalities once...so I would like to know in what way it is illegal....its a bit confusing, although I could understand that it may be illegal for Australian fertility clinics to assist an international one. But regardless, what an incredibly insensitive comment for your GP to make to you, especially today of all days...your right JodiW, not an ounce of professionalism in her!!!

January - Great comments....if donors in Australia were in plentiful supply (which they are not and wont whilst the laws remain as they are), then people would not be driven overseas. I have been on a donor list with an Australian fertility clinic for 3 years now...and nadda, nothing, zip!! If I had not taken matters into my own hands and gone to SA, then I possibly wouldn't be having a baby in 9 months time!!!

Wow SH72, I have my angry pants on now!!! If your GP was in front of me, I would not only have my angry pants on, I would also have my pointy finger out!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

January  (08-08-2013),Sh72  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck SH72 hope it goes well for you today

As for your GP... it is amazing the amount of ignorant and insensitive people that we run into, this journey is already hard enough without having to deal with comments like that. I would definitely be watching her attitude moving forward because you really don't need to put up with that type of stupidity, totally justified that you felt mad. I have been so lucky with both my GP and fertility clinic and all the help they have given me and feel so sorry for you ladies that have not had the same xx
    Last edited by Anait; 08-08-2013 at 19:16.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sh72 - My FS also told me that I could be prosecuted under Australian Law for doing this, but that there would be no way that anybody ever would press charges. He told me that it was illegal for him to recommend clinics abroad (and I can understand that) but he also offered me his utmost support and told me that he would prescribe any medication I required, assist with scans, blood tests and also help look after me should I become pregnant.

To be fair ladies, if we're going to get angry about this - lets get angry at our government for being so narrow minded in an age where medicine is opening up to be able to help in all sorts of ways.

I don't feel any malice or anger towards my FS for stating this to me - he was just telling me how it was.

As if they are EVER going to do anything... I think Sunday Nights 60 Minutes Story is a perfect example of this. Do you think for a minute that they would ever charge Mary Coustas for doing what she did?

Don't give it another thought ladies... lets just focus on our goal and flip the narrow minded people in our country (our Government) the bird in the rear view mirror as we work towards achieving what we are setting out to do here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Finally got the results today and it is a not pregnant for me.
    it is so tough and so sad ...

Thank you to you all for your support,not sure what I will do as I do have some frostiness in cape town but too soon for us to even think about it.
    xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So sorry

Sh72 I'm so sorry to read your news, its so unfair and so hard to deal with. All my love to you both. Take care of yourself. I hope you find some comfort knowing you have frosties waiting for you when your ready.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Sh72 - Im so sorry to read your news....d*mn, d*mn, d*mn. It is so unfair. I hope you and DH surround each other in love and tenderness....take some time out to heal and emerge with renewed hope.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Sh72  (09-08-2013)