Closed Thread
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome home Crystal,

It is a nervous time for all of us enduring the 2WW and very hard to think of anything else! You have a great chance of success. I guess we have all been disappointed so many times it is probably safer to set our expectations low. If you read back there are stories of ladies who had convinced themselves that they were going to get the BFN and were shocked when they got their BFP Hang in there hun, I am feeling very confident that you will get good news

Twowhites - What a great post! You have summed it up beautifully! Great to hear your pregnancy is going well and you are so happy
    Last edited by January; 15-07-2013 at 16:09.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (15-07-2013),Twowhites  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twowhites - glad to hear all is going well with you.

I just wanted to thank you very much for your really detailed and informative post. This time next month it will be my turn and i'm biting my nails off as we speak. I am going to push to use the Crionone also. So thank you for that tip.

Crystal - hoping all goes well for you on Saturday. Fingers crossed for you xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Allieoop awesome news, fantastic way to start the thread.

Twowhites, aren't those little flutters just magical. Thanks for doing the summary it will definitely help those new to thread and save them some time so they don't have to read through the other two.

Welcome back Crystal as you know I didn't think my cycle worked I had really bad AF cramping and I was stupid and did a POS which of course was negative, that didn't help my stress levels! Some people know and have signs and others don't you may well be in the later group. It's about time we got a whole lot of positive results.

Im getting really excited for you all in the 2ww i have a really good feeling. Baby dust to all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013),Twowhites  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    what great advice! I have been worried about travelling with medications but you make it seem really easy. I agree with you about chilling out. I am totally planning on doing that when my time comes though I'm sure it can't be hard to relax on Barbados.

Interesting about the crinone. I have some that I'm afraid of using as it affected me emotionally quite badly. I really don't think I could mentally survive 12 weeks when 1 and a half weeks sent me to hell and back. I am quite happy jabbing away but would love to see if the International Pharmacy can do progesterone pessaries a bit cheaper than here. I found them ideal for me and no bother at all.

I have been advised by some on Aussie Egg Donors that Hollywood Clinic here may be more helpful so despite the advice of one of the co-ordinators I heard about on here, I've emailed them to see if they can indeed assist. It would be great if they could.

I am happy to see so much positivity on here and hope that you get some lovely news soon too Crystal! My chem pregnancy was one of only two attempts where I had no symptoms at all. And my first two IUIs were totally non-medicated so the symptoms with my first IUI were not caused by anything medical. Hang in there lovely lady.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Twowhites  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing as I seem to have dropped off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!!

Rainbowchaser – yeah, I think as long as I don’t overdo it I should be ok. I looked it all up and the book that my sister got that advice from (What to expect when you’re expecting) has actually been criticized for making pregnant women freak out over nothing. It’s not written by obstetricians and it doesn’t (apparently) have a good review system. On top of that, everything I read about weeding online was that it’s fine, so I’m going to stop worrying, though my dh is now urging me to take it easy for a few weeks. Hard to abandon my tomatoes, though!

January, It was totally different this time. I’ve had progesterone symptoms lots of times but it was always with the pessaries so I wasn’t sure if the symptoms could be different with the shots – I don’t think that was it at all, I think it must have been implantation. It was almost like a mildly burning sensation in a localized spot in my abdomen along with some sharp but not horribly painful cramps. It was the burning thing, though, that really stood out. I haven’t read of anyone else describing it that way, though, so maybe that’s a little weird? On top of that and since then I’ve had a LOT of cramping – sometimes it really does feel like AF. Have you felt anything like that? I have my fingers crossed for you – oh, and thank you for adding me to the roll call!

Crystal, I’ll tell you that the 24 hours before my test I was in a horribly negative and nasty mood, absolutely convinced that I was done. You get so used to the disappointment – I had my husband call the clinic for the results because I couldn’t bear to hear the, “I’m so sorry” one more time. I’ll have everything crossed for you! I’ve read that there are lots of women who have had absolutely zero symptoms and ended up with their bfp. Maybe you can distract yourself - I ended up watching a LOT of tv series to distract myself including the last season of Game of Thrones.

Twowhites – excellent and really thoughtful advice! The only thing I might add (If you don’t mind) is that we added a little extra cushion of time in at the end in case there was a delay with the retrieval/transfer, and it turned out we needed it since our donor was stimming slowly and we got put back 5 days. So glad that your pregnancy is going well! Were you all scared and paranoid at the beginning of your pregnancy? Did you settle in to feeling like it was all ok?

Regarding the shots – I was DREADING them and my RE back home said that there’s no difference in the results. I ended up doing them anyway because I figured, wth, I may as well given all the lengths we went to to get this far. The one good thing about them is that it’s a lot less messy than the pessaries – I hate that mess. I ice before hand and I heat up the gestone in my hands before hand.

For those of you in CT this week and the next, it really is a fascinating place and the food is to die for. The whole time we were there we only had one bad meal. We had great sushi at a place called Haiku, downtown, which I would recommend. And the drive from CT to Camps Bay to Haut Bay (the Twelve Apostles mountain range) and then along Chapman's Peak (not for those with a fear of heights, maybe) is sensational - really amazing - I would totally recommend it. You can see whales sometimes, too, which is fun.

OK, good luck everyone!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (16-07-2013),January  (16-07-2013),Twowhites  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I feel like I just jump in with short comment when I can and don't get to really to really keep up with everyone but we are right in the middle of house renos (as you do when you are 6 months pregnant with twins, right? Haha) and living with my inlaws so it's a little crazy.

Allie I think you will find the issue with weeding is the high risk of toxoplasmosis from cat poo in the garden. My doctors all lost it at me for nursing a sick cat and changing kitty litter and I was told you absolutely need to stay out of the garden as there is an even higher risk from stray or outside cats. First trimester is apparently the biggest risk. Unfortunately I am now in a situation where they won't test me for it because if I do have it they can't treat me anyway so now I have the agonising wait hoping the babies are ok (I even went to a random medical centre and they won't test me either!)

And yes it's totally normal to be completely paranoid!! I lived from scan to scan super paranoid something had happened, I think it's totally normal considering the lengths we have all gone to for these BFPs. Earły 2nd trimester in the 'dont feel pregnant' stage was the worst. It is only now at 23 weeks when the babies are vey active and kicking me constantly I have calmed down a little.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieOop View Post
    I was gardening yesterday - weeding - and my sister told me later that she read we're not supposed to do that so now I'm all freaked out. Oh, paranoia, welcome to my life.
    Sorry Allie forgot to mention. They say gardening is a no no because of cat poo. Whether you have a cat or not, there could be a cat poo in your garden as they do tend to travel. Cat poo carries toxoplasmosis which can harm the baby. In saying that if you wear gloves and most importantly wash your hands thoroughly you will be fine. Also don't spray any chemicals on the garden regardless of whether it says safe for pregnant women or not, there have been a few cases because the spray wasn't "safe" as stated on the pack. Be care of some of the potting mixes too, they already carry a warning on the pack but I would steer clear of them too

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

AllieOop - thank you so much for sharing your symptoms. I am so pleased you got your BFP. As I started with not having much hope my symptoms have confused me quite a bit, they are as follows:

Mon - 3dt
    Tues - nothing
    Wed - nothing
    Thurs - mild cramping
    Fri - mild cramping
    Sat - cramping stronger
    Sun - nausea, mild headache all day and dull heavy feeling below
    Mon - nausea all day & sharp twinges below
    Tues - nausea

I got stronger cramps on the pessaries and a BFN!!!

What a great thread this is. I would not have known about the cat poo issue! Look after yourself Allie and keep updating us

Crystal - My BT is the 20th as well

Jennilee & BJ04 - All the best this week

Anait, DJ & Sunny - I imagine you are all in CT by now Best wishes for your first appointments/scans

January
    Last edited by January; 16-07-2013 at 12:01.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Sootymay
    Net3811 (Barbados)

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - 15 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Sh72 (Cape Town - ET 29 July)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES
    Anait (Cape Town - ET 22 July)
    Sunny17 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)
    DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

Jennilee67 (July 2x5D)
    Crystal4431 (July 2X5D)
    January (July 2x3D)
    BJ04 (July 1x5D)

BFP
    AllieOop (2x5D)
    BB4Me (2x5D - Singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -Singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 7 (3 sets of twins)
    BFN = 6 (5 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Unkown results = 5

Last edited by January; 19-07-2013 at 15:23.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (16-07-2013)