Closed Thread
Page 17 of 95 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Allie congratulations! Welcome to the ride that is a twin pregnancy...it's totally fascinating. I really hope all goes well for you and hope the m/s doesnt get too bad. I ate cheese sandwiches for almost every meal for about 5 weeks as they were the only thing that made me feel slightly better. Try not to let your stomach ever get too empty as it only makes it worse. Ginger beer is good to drink also...and avoid the smell of cooking meat if you can!! X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Missleo, that's sweet of you. Holy moly, it's a lot to get my head around. My husband and I have been in a total daze since we found out and I think we're only starting to come out of it. It's crazy to think about though. I know it's probably very vain of me but all I can think about today is, man, I'm going to get HUGE. That's good advice about the empty stomach. I have noticed that I get HUNGRY and I have to eat NOW but sometimes I just don't want to be anywhere near food. Except crisps/chips - I can see a potentially dangerous connection there. All said, though, I feel really lucky so far with just minimal m/s and general hungoverness - touch wood - did it get really awful for you?
    Last edited by AllieOop; 30-07-2013 at 07:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AllieOop - congrats on your twins. Thats absolutely fantastic news. Very very excited for you.

Re the Egg Bank - I'm happy to opt in, I just needed some clarity about how it all happened. My CFC Dr is a wonderful man and emailed me back very late on Saturday night to help put my mind at ease. I would like to think that I might be able to help somebody else also at the end of the day.

AFM - my AF arrived with full force so I have commenced my Lucrin injection this morning and started my Predislone. So officially, I've commenced my treatment cycle. Very excited, but very scared at the same time.

I spoke to my acupuncturist yesterday about being worried about what I read in the Fodor Travel Guide about making sure acupuncture needles are not being re-used. She said "your's won't be because I will give you your own stack to take for them to use on you" which really put my mind at ease as I have been having acupuncture every week for almost the past 12 months and would hate to think that I could not have it the day prior to or the day after transfer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I hear you with the plain crisps, just carry them everywhere with you because they are easy to snack on. I was also hungry all the time and had to eat right now, hubby got in to the habit of packing me snacks if we were going to be in the car for more than an hour otherwise I would get slightly psycho in my quest for food immediately haha. As long as i could eat regularly i never felt that bad, just slightly nauseous all the time. I havent entered the 'eating' phase of pregnancy yet so no major cravings and my appetite is back to normal now since about 14 weeks. I also thought I would get huge but at 26 weeks except for my thighs being a touch bigger and obviously my belly (I'm measuring 29 weeks...) I'm actually doing ok. I'm in my normal sized clothes except the maternity version...even found some great maternity skinny leg jeans. My feet hurt a bit and have gone up a size but apart from that I'm feeling great.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowchaser i had acupuncture in CT at one of the places CFC recommend and you will not have a problem with them reusing needles..not sure what type of place they were talking about in the travel guide. I saw Vicky Hindmarch. Her practice is in a VERY rich area and was very busy, she is incredibly qualified. When you get there and see the clinic you will realise that nothing about this is third world or downmarket - from start to finish every aspect was 10 times better than my own clinic in Sydney.
    Last edited by Missleo; 30-07-2013 at 08:40.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Missleo - will most definitely be checking in with Vicky Hindmarch for a few sessions while I am there - and some additional ones just to relax!!!

I guess that the guide book is just practicing caution as there is such a high incidence of AIDS in the region.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought that I would get huge with twins, yet at 31 weeks have put on less than15 kg, despite carrying 2 BIG babies.(measuring 2weeks ahead and topping every percentile chart) I was over the slight nausea by12 weeks...just couldn't stand the smell of cooking chicken.
    At the start, the thought of twins was frightening...now can't imagine it any other way. It's such an exciting time and its like a gift after years of fertility treatment. My Mum summed it up by saying that we went to SA for one and came back with a bonus baby!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SVD For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (30-07-2013),Missleo  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missleo - Hahaha – I hear you on the psycho quest for food – I’ve already met that side of my pregnancy and that describes it perfectly. God, I can’t believe it’s going to get worse but I know it will! Sounds like you’ve done well, SVD, too – you give me hope that I won’t start looking like Mama Cass. I don’t know how I’m going to put on all that weight – 37-52 pounds!?!? Do you find it hard? I’m glad to hear that you’re both feeling great – I’m seriously impressed, Missleo, that you can get skinny jeans on – I have a feeling DH will be helping me dress. Ugh. SVD, funny enough my DH brought home a cooked chicken with a herb rub and I was like, Nope! I can still smell it. Ick. Your mum put it well – a bonus baby.

Rainbowchaser – Sarah Hewland had new needles, too, but it sounds like her outfit is less formal than the one Missleo’s talking about because it’s out of her home – you might be more comfortable with Vicky Hindmarch, I’m thinking.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (30-07-2013),SVD  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to see everyone is going well. My sympathies with the lack of symptoms DJ. It can leave you with lots of anxieties. I hope the flight home with Sunny is somewhat relaxing.

Sunny sounds like you've had a fabulous time. I think that's great!

Sorry this is such a quick post. Just taking a brief break at work. I had my hysterosalpingam and breast ultrasound on Friday. Such an expensive "Just in case". The hysterosalpingam hurt a lot more this time. I jumped so much when the dye hit the nurse grabbed me. I think she thought I was taking off! Felt quite weepy friday evening too.

As soon as I sort out my scripts I'll be booking flights. It looks like a December 12 transfer.
    Best wishes to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - So glad that things are moving along for you. I love your signature "a little pirate of the caribbean" - indeed they will be! What is a hysterosalpingam? Doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience?

Allie - I'm not a 5 star girl, I just don't want to have to add the thought of contracting Hepatitis or HIV onto my list of things to stress about on this trip. As long as it's clean and they uses new needles - that sounds fine by me. Out of interest How much do they charge a session for acupuncture in SA?

January - any updates with you? Hope you are getting close to a definitive answer at this stage? Thinking of you I had a look into the other thing we were discussing on the phone... sounds great, but looks extremely expensive.

AFM - had my first dose of Lucrin and Predislone this morning.. I've felt a bit out of it all day. Those Predislone tablets taste almost as bad as Quinine tablets (which I can still remember the taste of from when I was a little girl they were so bad)!! I've felt jittery all day and have had tonnes of water to drink, but feel a bit headachey now
    My husband says it will all be worth it in the end - and I know that's true... but jeez I wish he could share some of the painful stuff. I worked out with my Lucrin dosage that I will almost run out of the supplied needles in the pack by the time I reach South Africa so went to my pharmacy to buy a few more to be safe. Apparently you can only buy them in blocks of 100 (I needed maybe 7 more depending on when ER might end up being) so they gave me two boxes of the needles they give out to drug addicts! I am using them first so that I don't have to take them on the plane with me - and be looked at like I am a junkie