Closed Thread
Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BJ - I called it opting in as the documentation which was given to me actually has a box you can tick on if you want to use the bank, or alternatively there is a box you can select if you do not want to donate any of your donors eggs to the bank if she produces over 15.

I had actually ticked the box to use the egg bank - but I was just really interested to get some feedback on who might have used it. My IVF Dr in Australia said that IVF technology is excellent at freezing embryos, not eggs, so have no idea what sort of success rate they have from frozen eggs. But I'm praying that I am not going to need to be finding out.

I also was interested to find out how they would allow selection of the frozen eggs if needed, my CFC Dr emailed me back to say that they provide you with profiles to select from - pretty much the same as we originally went through with our agency.

Thank you for the tip about freezing... That's something they should tell you about in advance, so you have a chance to think about what you would want to do. I'm not anticipating that we are going to have anything left to freeze given our donors last two cycles - but fingers crossed we can find that one quality little embryo.
    Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 28-07-2013 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Tonight is our last night in CT. Am looking forward to being home and back in the routine of normal life!
    So far I am feeling fine, so cramping, no anything so I am guessing this 2ww will probably pass quickly for me as to be honest I am not overly positive. I know it's early days but time will tell.
    Hope you are all well and looking forward to catching up on your journeys when we are back home and settled.
    Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good evening ladies

We are on the same flight as DJ and her sweet DD tomorrow....Im going to be dragged on board kicking and screaming...I dont want to leave! Best I do, otherwise I will end up the size of a house with all this gorgeous and CHEAP food...the Prednisolone monster has been fed well!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Crystal4431 (Cape Town - ? Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar)

DONOR SELECTED
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET ? Dec)
    Sootymay

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - ET 24 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Sh72 (July 2x5D)
    Sunny15 (July 2x5D)
    DJShears (July 2x5D)
    Anait (July 2x5D)
    Jennilee67 (July 2x5D)

BFP
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D)
    BB4Me (2x5D - Singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -Singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 8 (3 sets of twins)
    BFN = 8 (7 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Unkown results = 5

Last edited by January; 29-07-2013 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - Been thinking about you? How is everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow,

Still in limbo, still jabbing and waiting for my Doctor to email me with this mornings BT results

Thanks for thinking of me xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh January so sorry your still waiting so not fair

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

January  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That really sucks January. I hope that some answers present themselves to you as soon as possible. Really horrible to be in limbo like you are. Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    just to update. We had our transfer done yesterday and 2 excellent quality were embryos transferred . It was all good and they have managed to freeze 4 ( although not all are great quality ).It blows my mind as I never had good results like this myself when I did the egg growing !!
    we still have a few days left in South Africa which helps not to be dwelling on it too much ...
    thanks for all your well wishes and positive thoughts.

I do want to say that no matter what the outcome is , I would recommend this to anyone in a similar situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    January – I’m so sorry that this is dragging on for you with no resolution so far. I totally understand your need to plan forward (a good way to put it). Good luck with tomorrow’s blood test. I can’t believe you have to deal with the possibility of ectopic – I don’t even know how that’s possible with ivf but obviously it is… crazy. Anyway, I’m thinking about you.

Pixel – how are you doing? Hope you're feeling better about your donor.

Anait – great news about the frosties. I found it a huge comfort to have some waiting there for us. I’m sorry, though, that it was such a bumpy ride to get there – those are some strange communication skills!

Donna – fabulous transfer news and great to hear that you have frosties! Lots of women feel nothing, don’t forget, so don’t be surprised if there’s more going on in there than you suspect. Re the leaking gestone, I found it helps to press on it a little with a swab and then to throw a plaster/band-aid on it. And Good luck!!

BJ04 and Rainbowchaser – you know what’s funny? I didn’t think there was an option to take that paragraph out of the contract. Also, Rainbowchaser, I believe CFC use a flash-freezing (vitrification) process for their egg freezing and it actually has a very successful freezing/thawing rate – much better than it used to be. BTW, I didn’t find the bulk of the shots to be bad. I use an ice pack before the shot and I heat up the ampule between my hands to warm the oil. Only in the last week or so has it become actually painful, probably because we’re running out of places to put the needle. I only have a couple more to do so that makes me happy (oops, I broke 2). Mind you, I don’t love the pessaries, either. Such a mess. Also, you may end up with more eggs than you think. Before the day we were told that our donor looked like she had about 12 mature follicles but we ended up with 16 eggs, all of which fertilized. At the end of the day, two went in and four were frozen – plenty!

Crystal – God, you inspire me. You should package your attitude and sell it for millions. Good for you for searching for answers. And I think that the approach of donor over agency is wise – it’s what we did too.

Sunny – your embies sound amazing! And Sh72 – wow, lots of healthy sounding embies there! Congrats on getting that transfer done and good luck!!

Missleo – they did a scan on Friday. My clinic likes to do a 6 week u/s to make sure implantation is in the right place. Starting Thursday, though, I started to feel crappy. The smell of coffee had me running to the bathroom but so far I’ve only thrown up once. That said, most mornings and early afternoons since then I’ve felt hungover without having had the fun of drinking myself silly.

AFM, well, some of you ladies called it – twins!!! Our minds are blown and we feel pretty shell-shocked. I didn’t even think I could get pregnant!

Good luck to all of you who are now in your 2ww and safe flights home!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Anait  (01-08-2013),Pixel  (31-07-2013)