Closed Thread
Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    January - my heart goes out to you hun...hang in there.

AFM
    15 embies out of the 17 still going strong at day 3...no fragmentation. All range from 6 to 8 cells. Transfer is on saturday. Got the day 3 progress report from the embryologist whilst in a pre-school of a township...gotta be an omen, right??!!

Had a lovely dinner at Mama Africa's with DJ and Anait last night...wouldnt you believe it, Dr Chris Brown and Miguel there too, so we just had to have photos!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (26-07-2013),January  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again,

Just got the call from CFCS. They have frozen 3 embies. They had progressed again overnight and are now early blasts so given they are day 7 they are a bit slow but at least they are good enough to freeze. So it is not long now and the big trip home. Trying to stay positive but also being emotionally prepared and planning a path forward.

A little note about the Gestone injections...they are seriously nothing. I have no soreness, a tiny bit of bruising but nothing to even rate a mention and the needles definitely do not hurt. Maybe it's my squishy bits that help!! So now worries about having a sore butt on the way home on the plane. I will say though that a little can drip out, I spoke to the clinic and they said that is normal. I now have an oil drip mark on both sides of my cargos! Have sore boobies from the Gestone but nothing drastic and feel a bit bloated.

I did have some implantation cramping with my first ET that was a BFP but later m/c, and nothing so far but hanging in there and like all before me just waiting!

Hugs always,
    Donna xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sunny - awesome news re the progress of your embies. That sounds wonderful and good luck for Saturday. I'm green with envy that you guys met Dr Chris and Miguel. We were only watching the Living Room this evening saying "I wonder if we will bump into them while we are there?"

Donna - glad to hear all is well with you other than oil on your cargo pants LOL. Can I ask why they freeze them onto day 7? How come they just don't freeze any left overs after they have given you the transfer on day 5?

January - big hugs to youThank you for chatting with me today. It was lovely to talk to you and I felt like I have known you for years!! Hang in there - and good luck with your blood tests next week xx
    Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 27-07-2013 at 09:55.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

January  (27-07-2013),Sunny15  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having ET tomorrow at 10.30/11am.....cross your fingers for me girls...this ole gal gunna need it!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow last night in Cape Town the time has gone so quickly but really looking forward to being home...

January I am so sorry you don't have any answers yet and that this is dragging on, hope it is all resolved for you soon

Rainbow the needles are really not that bad, when Cyndi gave me my first one I actually said 'was that it?' I had built it up in my head to be horrible although will admit giving the first one to myself was a bit daunting and chickened out in the middle of it so had to stick it in twice - not my smartest move I do agree with Donna about the sore boobs and bloating and I have also had AF type cramps (not bad) from about the second needle.

Sunny, thinking of you

Hope you all have a good weekend and catch up in a couple of days xx

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

January  (27-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (27-07-2013),Sunny15  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

January I feel for you ! I had a couple of times doing IFV that the blood test wasn't conclusive and it is agony .. You are so focused on the day of the test and getting your result one way or the other ... Though i didn't have to wait nearly as long as you !!
    i will have 2 put in tomorrow morning, and they did say it is not the norm for them to do it on a Sunday ! There are 10 at 8 cells so hopefully there will be a couple to freeze.
    For me the actual injection is fine, it's after .. Really tender and feels like you walked into the corner of a table ... But I am getting used to it and if this is what it takes .....
    Would highly recommend the Franschoek area ,only an hours drive from Cape Town and gorgeous !
    Safe trip home to the ladies leaving SA ...
    SH

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

January  (27-07-2013),Sunny15  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 x blasties on board...one is expanded and the other is a couple of hours behind. no other news yet on the remainder embies other than if they progress , they should make blasties by this afternoon.

Back in hotel room to incubate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sh72 - best of luck with your transfer today.

Sunny15 - Wow what a great cycle you have had. You must be over the moon with the results so far.

DJ & Anait - safe travels home and all the best for a stress free 2WW.

AFM - just want it to be over, shed a tear this morning as it is dragging out so long. Slight cramps but still don't know what is going on down there!!! GP said if I start having pain I have to go straight to hospital

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Anait  (01-08-2013),Sunny15  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - the pain I had with my ectopic felt like an ovulation pain that never subsided. Don't muck around if you start feeling pain, go straight to emergency! I've been thinking about you all weekend. That feeling of being in limbo is absolutely terrible.

Sh72 - hope all goes well with your transfer today.

Sunny - great news on your two on board. Wishing you the very best for the 2WW as well as DJ & Anait - fingers cross for all you ladies.

AFM - August is fast approaching. I took my last OCP today, so now just waiting for AF to arrive. Not sure if it will as I have not had any "bleeding" as such but just dark brown CM when I wipe (apologies all for TMI!). Having acupuncture tomorrow, so will ask her to get the point to bring on AF strong! I'm terrified that I am going to get my period through the Lucrin.

Could I ask of those of you who have been through a cycle at the CFC how many of you opted in for the egg bank programme? My donor only has 12 follicles in her AFC, so based on this as well as her previous 2 cycles where she had 9 and 8 eggs... I am not sure whether I should be thinking of the egg bank as a back up. I would really like the opportunity to help somebody else fall pregnant through all of this, but at the same time I'm concerned with how they select the eggs that go into the egg bank. I would guess they would have to take the best looking ones to give them the best chance of surviving that thaw? I can't seem to get an answer out of the clinic as to when we would have to give them an answer on whether we want to opt into this or not? Does anybody know?

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Anait  (01-08-2013),DJSHEARS  (29-07-2013),Sunny15  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow

i am not 100% sure what you mean by opting into the egg bank program. On the day of my scan I had to sign some paper work and part of it was agreeing that should my donor have more than 20 eggs retrieved I was willing to give some to their egg bank. You can delete that paragraph if you want to and initial it. I am not sure how they decide which eggs go where. Dr M did say they don't necessarily take eggs just because you go over 20. They look at exact number, maturity etc and make a decision. To be honest I didn't give it too much thought as it seemed unlikely my donor would have that many eggs and if there were more than 20 I was happy to contribute. I left the para in.

On this sort of subject the one situation which caught me out was on day of transfer I had to complete paper work relating to the embies they were freezing. You have to decide how long you want to freeze them for (maximum 5 years) and then indicate what you want done with them at the end of this time - destroyed or donated. I hadn't really given it much thought and didn't have time on the spot to think it over like I really wanted to!!