Closed Thread
Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

I have been a little bit out of touch the last few days so trying to catch up with you all...

January and Crystal I am so sorry to hear your news and really feel for both of you, but admire your strength and courage in moving forward

Rainbow I definitely feel this area is safe and don't give a thought during the day, I am wary at night and haven't ventured to far on my own but they have public safety officers everywhere in the city and they work hand in hand with the police apparently the crime has dropped considerably since this started. Interesting mention on the microscope had honesty never really thought about it, think I may ask when I speak with the lab tomorrow.

Sooty congratulation on picking your donor, as for payment I paid my first CFC payment and agency with EFT everything since I have been here has been cc.

Net good luck with your tests on Friday and how exciting to have those five little embies waiting for you

AFM... Firstly thank you to everyone for your well wishes, the support has been amazing and much appreciated...

They collected 20 eggs from my donor, 16 where mature and of those 11 fertilised, day three all at 8 cell and doing well, yesterday had a really smooth transfer of two just reaching blast stage and apparently the others were still ok. So waiting all day for a lab report to let me know about freezing and didn't hear from them, chased them up this afternoon to be told in an impersonal abrupt email that none were good enough to freeze. I know there are no guarentee's but really don't understand how when they were doing so well that there are none and it has also made me question the quality of the two I have onboard. So several phone calls and emails later I have found out that they still have them (not binned yet) and that one is at blast but poor quality and they are planning to check again tomorrow. Tomorrow is day 7... any chance do you think?

I didn't realise how much hope I had put into having some to freeze and am disappointed, at the same time overjoyed that I have two and hopefully doing better in me then in the dish and also feeling like a selfish cow for not being happy with what I have. This is the closest I have ever got and now I feel much more pressure for these little ones to stick, it definitely is a bumpy road. So I have to ring the lab tomorrow (as they had left for the day) to find out what's happening, quality of the two I have etc.

On a positive note I really love the nurse who kisses her hand and touches your belly, she is a treasure and gave me the biggest hug when I was (happy) teary after transfer

Much love xx
    Last edited by Anait; 24-07-2013 at 06:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

January  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

DJ - I hope your transfer goes really well and you have some top notch blasts to freeze as well Not long now and you'll be back in the arms of your beloved DH

Sunny - Awesome result All the best for Friday

Rainbowchaser - Very interesting re High Mag Microscope!!! I wonder if they have one? That could make a huge difference selecting the best sperm!!!

Pixel - I feel for you, I know if we go back next year I will be extremely worried and possibly very negative after this attempt. Unfortunately there is so much out of our control It's so hard on this journey as I have found and sometimes there are no answers when things go wrong. I pray that it works for you this time

Anait - Great news re your transfer and isn't that nurse so special It's amazing how the numbers fall. I don't think many people end up with blasts to freeze which is a bit of a bummer. You do have more than a fighting chance with the 2 that were transferred. All the best hun

Hope you are all having a great Wednesday

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Anait  (25-07-2013),DJSHEARS  (25-07-2013),Pixel  (24-07-2013),Sunny15  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello from lovely Cape Town,
    it is such a great city, quite safe and we are enjoying the trip so much. Would really recommend it for all that may be considering this path.
    i hope that Crystal and January that you are doing ok,I admire you for getting back up again so quickly'not sure I could...
    AFM our donor has done really well, 22 eggs and of the 21 they used 16 have fertilized over night ! I know the numbers will go down and it's quality over quantity but these numbers are so exciting I never got near that myself !! We will have the transfer this Sunday ...
    Started the injections yesterday and now I know what all you ladies mean !! Ouch ...
    will relax the next few days and enjoy wine and coffee these last few times !!
    SH

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh72 For This Useful Post:

January  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anait - you are so not a selfish cow. Try not to let your mind to to a negative place about those embies. They are in the environment they are meant to be in right now... Much better in than out I would say!

Sh72 - I thought that the CFC were closed on a Sunday? So i guess they are obviously only open for transfers on a Sunday?

donna - I know today is your big day. Thinking positive thoughts for you and those two sensational embies. Keep the faith and enjoy your remaining time in Cape Town.

Im so scared that I'm almost next. I feel like I am sliding down a big hill with my heels screeching in the dirt to try and stop myself from hitting the bottom.

pixel - the one horrible thing about trying to fall pregnant (any way that you so it) is that there is no guarantee. It's so scary, but a huge leap of faith. The wonderful thing is that you are surrounded with people in this forum who have truly walked in your shoes. In my own case, I almost find it easier to think about the final outcome being negative (but in my hear hope with all my might that its not) so that it if I am ready and accepting of the worst... I can handle the best without question!

AFM - my AF keeps trying to come. I don't have any spotting on my underwear, but I feel the pains as if they are coming then wiped a little higher than normal... Sure enough dark brown CM!!! I'm hoping that my body doesn't think this is my normal AF or I am in serious trouble. I only have to last on the pill until Sunday. I am sure my periods will start the day after I stop (regardless of the fact the clinic says they will come 3-5 days after I stop takin the pill). My body just knows these things!!! It has better behave because if I get my AF before or immediately after in SA it would be the absolute worst.

baby dust to all you wonderful women

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Anait  (25-07-2013),DJSHEARS  (25-07-2013),Pixel  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your posts rainbowchaser always make me smile and feel understood

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anait - I remember feeling exactly the same way, almost having a conflict of emotions, on the one hand being extremely grateful for the transfer of two good looking embies, but on the other being devastated that we did not have any to freeze. Stay positive Hun, as you know we got a gorgeous little Springbok out of it. X

DJ - 8 iis apparently the luckiest number for the Chinese. Wow, your cycle is on par with how mine progressed at the same stage and as above we have our precious little man. Hoping you have the same wonderful outcome.

Pixel - it is understandable that you broke down. We all get to this stage after years of disappointment and it is understandable that emotions of fear and second guessing come into play when dealing with such big and emotional investments. Your feeling are completely understandable and valid. Hoping you find peace with your decision. X

much love to the July CT crew.

January and Crystal - thinking of you x

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Anait  (25-07-2013),January  (25-07-2013),Pixel  (25-07-2013),Sunny15  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well you won't believe it but I have two good quality embryo's to freeze... after calling the lab this morning to try and find out some more information about how 9 went bad and also re-assurance on the two on board, they double checked the dish and discovered two had developed yesterday afternoon/overnight... what a miracle... so my two day 6 blasts are now safely on ice.

I think they jumped the gun a bit with telling me there were none and I am so happy that I pushed them with making contact and finding out as much as I could, also complained about their poor communication (particularly with the lab) and seems they have listened Have also found out that they discard any embryo's not good enough to freeze on day 8. So always a good idea to double check.

Have to say I am in a much better frame of mind then I was for my previous post - just gotta love this rollercoaster - and now happy to start over analysing each and every twinge over the 2ww lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (25-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow I don't think it matters if it starts before day 3-5, I think that is just an average, have you sent them an email to check? It might put your mind at rest - big hugs xx

Sh72 great numbers and good luck

Best wishes to you all xx
    Last edited by Anait; 25-07-2013 at 04:47.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anait - I had the same thing happen with the lab. On transfer day I was sure I had one number, then a day later I had 3 more than I thought and then they told me here were 2 x 6 days. I actually freaked out a bit that they had mixed my embies up with someone else's till I got an email explaining it all.

Allie - I've just had your regular supermarket grade morning sickness. Just felt really nauseous for about 5 weeks and it stopped dead at 13 weeks. However Nicole was hospitalised a couple of miles. Some of my singleton pregnancy friends have been way sicker than I was...I don't think it's a good indicator of whether you have twins on board. I know how hard it is to count down the weeks till your scan. My FS did my first at 8 weeks, can you get an early one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

We had our 5 day transfer on Wednesday. We transferred 2 embies. One was an excellent morula and the other was just starting to blast. Had a phone call this morning and they are still harvesting our other 6 through to day 7. A good sign that they have progressed a bit more overnight so hopefully we may get to freeze 3 of our remaining 6.

Thanks girls for the good wishes. Will keep you updated tomorrow.

Hugs.

Donna x

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJSHEARS For This Useful Post:

laned  (25-07-2013),Missleo  (25-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (25-07-2013)