Closed Thread
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #3

A fresh start

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Biscotti

Donna you must be filled with excitement right now, good luck for Wednesday, its your turn now.

good luck to the whole July team, may our positive scores grow and out balance the negatives scores, I'd be interested to see an updated score after the July team tests.
    Last edited by JodiW; 14-07-2013 at 21:41. Reason: .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (17-07-2013),Mod-biscotti  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Sootymay
    Net3811 (Barbados)

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - 15 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Anait (Cape Town - ET 22 July)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 24 July)
    DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)
    Sh72 (Cape Town - ET 29 July)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

Jennilee67 (July 2x5D)
    Crystal4431 (July 2X5D)
    January (July 2x3D)
    BJ04 (July 1x5D)

BFP
    AllieOop (2x5D)
    BB4Me (2x5D - Singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -Singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 7 (3 sets of twins)
    BFN = 6 (5 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Unkown results = 4

Last edited by January; 19-07-2013 at 15:18.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I think I missed some stuff.

Well, to start this thread off on a positive note, I got one!!! After two years of disappointments and out-and-out heartache, I'm still struggling to believe that (I'm having trouble writing the words...) I'm pregnant! SO WEIRD. We had 2 5-day blasts put in that looked great and I guess those weird feelings I was having were not just the progesterone. My first beta was 359 and my second was 909. With those numbers, I feel a little like it's going to be ok but I was gardening yesterday - weeding - and my sister told me later that she read we're not supposed to do that so now I'm all freaked out. Oh, paranoia, welcome to my life.

Anyway, thank you again you wonderful women. I owe you all so much and I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you who are on your way to CT now and for those of you in the 2ww. Just in case any of you who are on your way are nervous about what to expect, I must say that I'm very happy with my experience at CFC - I found it to be very professional the staff to be very warm. I didn't anticipate a lot of back-and-forth during the waiting times but I did email my dr directly a couple of times when I had questions that I thought were time sensitive and he responded very quickly each time. In fact, I emailed him to tell him I had my positive and he responded from his vacation. My transfer was painful but he did his best - it wasn't his fault - it usually IS painful because I have a weirdly crooked cervix that does its best to defeat all doctors. Donna - I did hear from them before I left because my donor (bless her!) was stimming slowly and they had to put the retrieval and transfer back five days. We were fine for timing, though, since we had left ourselves some wiggle room. Funny enough, the new retrieval/transfer dates meant that the transfer happened on the anniversary of my mother's death and my grandmother's b-day, and now my due date is my dad's b-day. It was weird.

Anyway, my sisters in the 2ww - I'm thinking of you!!! And those of you who are on your way, the best of luck!!! If you're around Hout Bay on the weekends - the local market is great and the food is amazing.

Big hugs to you all, Allie.
    Last edited by AllieOop; 15-07-2013 at 01:18.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

Anait  (16-07-2013),DJSHEARS  (15-07-2013),January  (15-07-2013),Missleo  (15-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW, could anyone please tell me how to send a private message? For the life of me, I can't figure it out.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Allie - what a fab way to start off the thread, with a positive story. Well done. Wishing you and your springbok the very best of health. X

As for sending a PM, you can access email via the user panel icon, or alternatively click on the persons user name in the thread and then click on the send PM option. Hope that helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AllieOop That's fantastic news. Congratulations to you.

I'm sure you would be fine with your weeding? They don't like you to be exposed to chemicals, strong fumes etc. but if you are concerned about it ask your GP or health professional to put your mind to rest.

You were right, it was an extremely positive way to start a new thread!

Good luck to all the ladies in CT at the moment. We're all right behind you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best news AllieOop, I am so excited for you

Out of interest what were your weird symptoms? I am not OBSESSING much!!!!

Have a wonderful day and bask in the news

14. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

We got home Saturday night and slept most of yesterday, glad to be home but I had a great time.

My test date is Friday 19th Cape Town time so Saturday here, I have to admit I'm not at all feeling positive and I don't know why. Hope this week brings some good news to all of us in our TWW

16. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

pasadina72  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

While I haven't posted for ages, I check in each week to see what everyone is up to, and really enjoy the updates! So glad to see some recent additions to the BFP List - welcome and huge congrats BB4Me, AllyOpp and Araline! Awesome news...

To the ladies who haven't had such positive outcomes, my thoughts are with you as you embark on your next journey be it trying again, or moving forward. It takes amazing courage to embark on this journey so don't be hard on yourself if it fails first time. If it is meant to be it will be...

As for me Im almost 18 weeks pregnant, with a singleton thanks to Dr H and CFC and so far everything is tracking perfectly. It still feels surreal, until I get a little flutter to remind me that there really is a baby in there! For the record we transfered 2 x 4AA 5 day blasts to get our 1... We have 8 equally beautiful blastocysts on ice at CFC so hopefully we are able to find a sibling or two for this baby down the track!

This forum has been an invaluable source of information and support to us on our journey, and I wanted to put some of my thoughts out there in the hope that others can benefit from what we've learned and endured! Most of these topics I've seen people question or discuss over the past few months so I decided to put pen to paper!

So for what its worth, our 'Top Tips" are

CFC are amazing, I would say equal or better than any of the IVF services we've had here in Australia. But everyone is different, so please put faith in the fact that they are truly professional and focus on that and stay positive about the fact that the opportunity to have a baby in this way is available to us. Don't be put off by one persons bad experiences... I would say that you need to be persistent and somewhat patient with their communication as its not their strong point, but you will get there in the end. They are crazy busy and not the best communicators, but when it comes to updating you with the essentials, they are there. The doctors are more efficient than their nurses from my experience.

Use whichever agency has your ideal donor. There's always a lot of talk about which donor agency is best. Having spoken with all the main ones in the lead up to our decision, my only piece of advice is to go with the agency that has your ideal donor. You'll know when you find her! Sure they facilitate it all for you, but they don't have any bearing on the outcome. Be sure and confident with your donor selection and go from here. Be strong with them and CFC about your dates, you can tell them when you want to be there if that's what you need to do to make it work. They will tell you they cant guarantee anything, but you can be persuasive in that you only have a 'window' and that's what they have to work with!

Be confident and persuasive with your local GP or FS. When asking for prescriptions/referrals just tell them you are doing IVF overseas (I didn't even go into more detail than that), that you've been given an international prescription, that you'd prefer to buy your medications locally, and this is what you need. Simple. If you go in there with doubt, questioning, of course they will waiver. I didn't have a problem whatsoever. Went in with a list, out with my scripts and referrals!

Trust your judgement. I have 'elevated' blood and uterine NK cells and my FS here recommended precautionary doses of Clexane, Asprin, Prednisolone. I took all three, despite CFC being ambivalent about it and it worked. I only stayed on them for 12 weeks and I would do it again. CFC are big on the injectable progesterone, but my hunch was it was a waste of pain, that why would the Australian clinics not use it if they believed it would produce better results, so I used Crinone. I told CFC that I was doing that, and although they prefer you to use PIO they supported, and sold me 12 weeks supply of Crinone at about 1/3 of the price it is in Australia. And I saved a whole lot of pain and money!

Don't test early. I did a HPT the day before my suggested 9dp5dt blood test and got a big fat negative. It sent me into a complete frenzy. While Id test again at home to prepare myself for disappointment, my advice would be not to test early! I went on to have good beta levels the very next day which more than doubled every two days.

Enjoy Cape Town. Its an amazing place. Don't listen to all the hype about it being unsafe. Go confidently, relax and enjoy the opportunity to experience it. Eat and drink well, you may as well, its cheap and fabulous, and who knows when next you'll be able to eat and drink anything you like! Wear your jewellery, normal clothes, don't worry about local phones/SIM's, use hotel wireless to check your emails, let CFC email you, honestly you wont need a phone unless its to call home! Hire a car locally, they deliver to your hotel. Get one with GPS, its all very easy and cheap. Stay somewhere decent. No need to stay near CFC as you are only there twice (normally). The waterfront is a buzz, Claremont is not. Get out and visit the winelands. Amazing.

Traveling with meds. Don't stress about it. Its easy and happens all the time. Take everything in your hand luggage, with a letter saying what they are for. You'll unlikely be asked for it. Ask airline crew for ice (they wont chill anything for you its against their regulations) and refresh as need be.

Flying home. I had a rest day the day after transfer then flew home the day after that. If I go again id probably fly the day after transfer as you are pretty much forced to relax on the plane! Dr suggested you could fly straight away, and in fact another Australian girl who had her transfer just before me went straight from there to the airport. Take the opportunity to take it easy for a few days though is my best advice.

Relax and Enjoy! Its the most amazing opportunity to be given the gift of life, so as hard as it may seem at times, relax and enjoy. If its meant to be it will be...

Baby dust to all, and thank you for this invaluable support to get us all this far.

Best wishes to all the amazing women who are about to embark on this journey, and to Donna and her musketeers who are about to arrive, thoughts are with you all!

2W

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Twowhites For This Useful Post:

AllieOop  (16-07-2013),Anait  (16-07-2013),BJ04  (15-07-2013),Butterfly39  (27-09-2013),emski72  (15-07-2013),January  (16-07-2013),JodiW  (15-07-2013),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2015),MusicalGal  (18-07-2013),Rainbowchaser  (15-07-2013),williteverhappen  (25-01-2014)