Hi, ladies (and I'm sure there must be a few gentlemen here too)

Hubby and I are on our first month of TTC our first baby. I'm so stupidly excited about it! I'm trying not to put too much pressure on us, but I'm reading up on conception, learning what all the little acronyms are and downloading various apps to help me keep track of things.

Also looking for some advice on how you handled pregnancy and maternity leave? Was your company supportive? I spent ten years all up at university, so while I am definitely looking forward to a new chapter in life, I don't want to have to sacrifice my career. How do you make being a mum and having a career work for you? I've not really made a big deal about it at work, in fact, they don't know (and don't need to know) that we are actively TTC. We're both very close to my boss, in fact, he and his wife are two of our best friends, so I'm sure it won't be an issue for him, but it's the company bureaucracy I worry about.

I'm 32, hubby is 41 in a couple of weeks and we've been married for almost three years. So that's me