+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you ever wish you stopped at 1 child?

Still contemplating whether or not to have a second and just want to know if you had another and just quietly wish you stopped at 1.

No nasty comments please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i was happy after 1 and had no plans for number 2. I was also an only child and quite liked it so had no desire for another..... However life had other plans for me and I fell pregnant again accidently when ds was just 4 months old. Along came dd and she is the greatest blessing and I cant imagine life without her...However my children are only 13 months apart and especially when they were little and I was struggling I did sometimes (actually it was quite regularly) wish Id only had one child like I planned.
    They are 3 and 4 now and the greatest loves of my life and iam so glad I have them both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. Even though some days are hard I find it amazing that I can 'love' so much. I was worried that I wouldn't feel as much love or I would have to half the love I had for DS1. I didn't and that is an amazing feeling. It sounds silly now but these were real concerns for me. I really love watching my children interact and knowing that if something happens to DH and I that my children have each other. We don't have a big family and I actually felt it was a little bit of our responsibility to give DS1 more of an immediate family. I really like the lessons they have had to learn having a sibling (sharing objects/our attention). I know only children can learn these but it is regularly reinforced having a sibling.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes I think I can see how much easier it would be but I know I would be missing a part of myself. Like RippaRita I have a close first age gap (14mths) I didn't find it tricky then but I do now!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very occasionally when I'm having a hard time, and feeling completely overwhelmed, yes, but most of the time I really love seeing the 3 of them interact.

It's more about sheer workload for me, it can be tough when you are on your own.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (14-07-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    No. Even though some days are hard I find it amazing that I can 'love' so much. I was worried that I wouldn't feel as much love or I would have to half the love I had for DS1. I didn't and that is an amazing feeling. It sounds silly now but these were real concerns for me. I really love watching my children interact and knowing that if something happens to DH and I that my children have each other. We don't have a big family and I actually felt it was a little bit of our responsibility to give DS1 more of an immediate family. I really like the lessons they have had to learn having a sibling (sharing objects/our attention). I know only children can learn these but it is regularly reinforced having a sibling.
    It is amazing how your ability to love grows

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dearly dearly love my two children but regular wish id only had one...
    Just how much easier everything would be and I feel id be able to focus more on my child instead of struggling to give attention and parent both my children as a single mum. I do feel terribly guilty for saying this. And I do love them both so much and cant imagine not having one of them.

There are pro's and cons for both situations.

I can say seeing my children play together and how much they love and care for each other is the greatest thing in the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    NO. Even my surprise babies only days after the are born I couldn't imagine my life without them. Don't get me wrong someday i wish i didn't have all 5/6 with at that exact moment but no i have wished them all away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all. And my second (DD) was hard work as a bub. Even during that time I had no regrets. Now at 7 and 4 they are simply awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I had major pnd after my second....not for one moment have I ever regretted having her