+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Alcohol and TTC

I am just curious...
    Do you completely stop drinking all the time, or just during TTW?? Or some other variation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally would give up drinking altogether but just reduce my intake iykwim.

I was still drinking when TTC but I was only 21 and didn't expect it to happen right away! Of course I stopped the second that I found out which was at 4 weeks.

A family friends daughter had drugs before she found out she was preg (unplanned preg) and she was pretty worried but her on advised that it was fine and if she was going to miscarry then it would happen regardless.

I guess it's just up to personal choice. If your not comfortable doing it then stop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only drink during af and only a couple...but deffinately stop during bd and tww.

Just curious what others do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank and carried on as per normal. It took me 2 years to fall pregnant with dd (no 3 baby) and it got to the point that I was giving up so much over so long that felt that I had to live my life as I normally would and when I found out I was pregnant then I would stop.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering this too as I've just gone off the pill. Ill keep having a few but if i think i could b pregnant ill stop immediately

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a bit hard sometimes, been ttc for a long time. Dh is pretty pedantic about it and I can understand why but it also feels like one more way ttc is consuming my life

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm tired of living like I constantly may be pg. I will abstain from about 6DPO for possible implantation but I'll often have one or two in the evening for the rest of the cycle.

I've made some decisions lately that ttc is consuming me and I'm trying to get my life back so to speak. It's easy to say ohhh do it for the possible baby that may be inside you, when it's usually those people who fall in a month or two that say it, but after years of trying, I'm telling myself I have to live my life.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (13-07-2013),jenjenOo  (13-07-2013),Rocky27  (16-07-2013),tormyxxx  (13-07-2013),Zombie_eyes  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I carry on as normal until I get a BFP, my DD was 8 years in the making and I couldn't put my life on hold forever.
    After a BFP though I follow the rules pretty much to the letter
    In saying all that though I'm not a big drinker, just once or twice a year and only a one or two serves at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill have a beer ever now and again. Never more than 2, never anything other than beer. That said I've probably had beer twice in the last few months. It's not part of my diet plan so it's just another reason to avoid it mostly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    I drank and carried on as per normal. It took me 2 years to fall pregnant with dd (no 3 baby) and it got to the point that I was giving up so much over so long that felt that I had to live my life as I normally would and when I found out I was pregnant then I would stop.

This exactly. We've been ttc for sooo long now, it would nearly be 3 years without a glass of wine if I gave up all together. When I know I'm in the 2WW I do reduce it a lot until I know either way. When we first started ttc I did give it up but then when things weren't working thought you still do have to live your life..