+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Legally speaking, I don't think the child has rights before birth. But that is a pro-life argument and quite OT.
    Well I'm the furthest from pro-life anybody could be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    and if apon discussion your dh was not 'comfortable' with any drug entering your system and possibly affecting your baby? what then? what agreement would you come to then?
    Why do you have such an issue with my DH being part of the discussion of the birth of OUR children?

Neither of us wanted a homebirth which I clearly prefaced my comments on, nor as I have said do I know enough about it to know what compromise could have been made.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't believe anybody freebirthing or an unassisted pregnancy is putting a baby first.
    I did!

I did what I felt was best and safest for my baby, myself and my family.

I also came very close to death during a hospital birth. That experience would NEVER have happened if I birthed at home. It was a direct result of standard hospital policies.

Everyone has their own risk assessment process, just because they are all different, doesn't mean one is better or worse, right or wrong.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (15-07-2013),Bubbles10  (14-07-2013),IndigoJ  (14-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't believe anybody freebirthing or an unassisted pregnancy is putting a baby first.
    I wonder what has happened to them or to their other babies to make them feel this is the safest way- I don't think any well person knowingly wants to risk their babies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A vaginal birth carries less risk to the baby that a csec, so is it fair to say that anyone who has an elective csection putting themselves first and risking their child life?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (15-07-2013),Bubbles10  (14-07-2013),headoverfeet  (14-07-2013),Mathermy  (14-07-2013),trustno1  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I wonder what has happened to them or to their other babies to make them feel this is the safest way- I don't think any well person knowingly wants to risk their babies.
    Maybe something has happened. Doesn't make it any less irresponsible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, but I think not having any ultrasounds or care during pregnancy is irresponsible. You're not going to die from getting a checkup! And neither is the baby.

I have no issue with homebirth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    I have no issue but for the fact that you think that everyones FOBS should have the right or say in how a woman delivers, I disagree and am curious as to how you would reach a comprimise if your wants and his wants were so, so different that comprimise was not possible? which is why I used your pain relief example, if your dh had outright said I dont want any drugs possibly affecting my child well whos choice comes first?
    I didn't say that, I said "I" didn't like her comments, that IMO I didn't agree with her comments. I didn't label all FOBS with any rights. I have only specifically discussed my DH and how I felt about that comment IMO.

He didn't say he outright didn't want drugs so I don't know what I would have done, same as he didn't say he wanted a homebirth and nor did I. I'm not going to hypothesise about something that didn't happen and I know MY DH well enough to know that he wouldn't have had that opinion, if anything I did.

ETA I did say that couples should make the decision together but I take on board that it's not appropriate in all cases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, but I think not having any ultrasounds or care during pregnancy is irresponsible. You're not going to die from getting a checkup! And neither is the baby.

I have no issue with homebirth.
    I had ultrasounds in all my pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby and i were exposed to much greater risk and injury in my hospital birth than in my homebirth.

I was fortunate that i was able to access a midwife who i respected and was able to attend my homebirth. I hope that i don't ever have to make this choice, but if i was not able to access a suitable midwife, then i most probably would make the decision to freebirth (birth without a registered midwife - this does not mean birthing without any support) because i believe that would be safer for me and my baby than to birth in hospital.