+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh god I don't think I can watch it! The poor families who have been misrepresented.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How devastating for the families to have their grief exploited in this way. Totally unethical reporting. Not surprising coming from Channel 7.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (14-07-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Without naming names think of an Adelaide based birth advocate who gave up her registration and was badly treated by the SA coroner.... She is well known for her experience doing vag breach births.... At a guess. If I am right my heart is breaking for her right now
    from a galaxy far far away...
    Ah maybe but she wasn't present at all of them as a MW but as birth support, AFAIK she had handed in her registration so could no longer act as a MW if she did she faced charges of practising without a licence?

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh yuck, was hoping it wasn't Lisa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate these shows. What a manipulative and exploitative way to grab headlines by destroying people's lives.

Regardless if you believe in home births, it is not fair to demonise a midwife who is trying to assist couples with their birthing choice. It is just wrong to mislead people to sensationalise a 10 minute story for ratings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MMelissa View Post
    I hate these shows. What a manipulative and exploitative way to grab headlines by destroying people's lives.

Regardless if you believe in home births, it is not fair to demonise a midwife who is trying to assist couples with their birthing choice. It is just wrong to mislead people to sensationalise a 10 minute story for ratings.
    I 100% agree with this. For me, I would not choose to home birth but the way this is being sensationalised is shocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Without naming names think of an Adelaide based birth advocate who gave up her registration and was badly treated by the SA coroner.... She is well known for her experience doing vag breach births.... At a guess. If I am right my heart is breaking for her right now
    from a galaxy far far away...
    I only know what has been in the media regarding this lady so excuse my ignorance, but may I ask why you're feeling bad for her? The media has portrayed her as someone that has no regard for bub's safety.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have just edited/deleted a few posts to remove reference to J.F.
    She requested a long time ago that her name and her website not be discussed on BH and vice versa also as she is a past member it falls under the gossiping rules. In light of that any reference to her will be removed by the moderating team.

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has it been on tv yet? I'm curious to hear what's said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's been on. And yes I'm curious to see all the opinions now.