+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    On the flip side you have US give false diagnosis and causing harm. Of course I am not going to argue your point, it's why I had the 18w ultrasound with DD. But I do not believe that it is 100% failsafe.
    Oh for sure, they aren't 100%-but they are the best we have at the moment, and they are pretty good for most things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son was breech at 36/38 weeks and to avoid trying a breech delivery, I went to have him turned. At that stage, I had not had a c-section and didn't want to. I would've done anything to avoid it, but I would've chosen c-section over breech delivery. He ended up turning on his own and I had drug free natural birth.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    The only thing I picked up on was whether or not there was some sort of question that the birth support person from my understanding used to be a registered midwife but was no longer registered so had to use the support person label but was she really acting in the role of midwife by saying there was a registered one there?
    She would risk being charged with practising without a licence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Because it would have been a csec and they carry their own risks. The mother chose the one she felt had less risk.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub card have just as many risks
    So maybe the middle ground would be a natural birth in a hospital with the appropriate medical team on hand if need be?

That's not as "risky" as a home or free birth or c section in my opinion.

I should also mention - I've had had both home birth & a water birth at a birthing center all planned & due to unforeseen complication with me not bub # 3 will be a c section. So I think I'm pretty qualified to weigh in on this & still be objective. Both my previous births were brilliant & both mid wife assisted, my home birth I had a doula as well. If I had any doubt or any hint of a complication I would gone to a hospital in a heartbeat. Some complications can't be foreseen but my point was if you know about one - why risk it?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry I am going to have to come back tomorrow, for some reason the forum is really really really slow in loading things tonight and it's driving me batty, was like this last night too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My son was breech at 36/38 weeks and to avoid trying a breech delivery, I went to have him turned. At that stage, I had not had a c-section and didn't want to. I would've done anything to avoid it, but I would've chosen c-section over breech delivery. He ended up turning on his own and I had drug free natural birth.
    I was the same DD turned breech at 28wks, I did chiro, was swimming and doing flips in the pool till I was 37.5wks, I did Moxa sticks, ecv, music, fit ball, I shined a torch (one of the weirder things I did!) but by no means was that girl turning. I'm so glad he turned for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bub turned just before his birth at 41 weeks. I am fortunate to have had the support of a hcp with experience in breech who was able to support me in case of a breech birth. This support allowed him the time to change position to head down for birth. If i had been through the hospital, i would have to fight hard (it it was possible at all) to avoid a c section, that ultimately proved unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    So maybe the middle ground would be a natural birth in a hospital with the appropriate medical team on hand if need be?

That's not as "risky" as a home or free birth or c section in my opinion.
    do you think the OBS would have supported her though, or would they have used scare tactics to csec her.

I wouldn't home birth but women should have the choice.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    BigRedV you obviously believe that ultrasounds improve fetal outcomes, they don't.?
    Beg to differ. Without ultrasound my dd's heart defect would not have been diagnosed. . we most likely would've brought her home and she would've died from what probably would've been called SIDS. I'm also a member of a community of 'heart mums'..Who firmly believe and KNOW that ultrasound saved their child's life.
    I honestly don't know how you can make that statement.

I agree that I don't understand not getting prenatal care.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (14-07-2013),atomicmama  (15-07-2013),Chippa  (15-07-2013),Gracie's Mum  (15-07-2013),HollyGolightly81  (14-07-2013),Made in England  (15-07-2013),snowqu33n  (14-07-2013),VicPark  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    So sad the Australian medical profession seem to view home birth in such light. I was watching midwives on abc2 on wed night and they were saying that they would prefer if a lot more women would choose home birth as its cheaper on the system and more comfortable for the mother, plus a whole lot more benefits. Why can't Australia have a system like that?

Either way, I agree with a pp that it is just sensationalist media trying to get an audience..
    I don't think I would like to live in a country that encourages a method of care for pregnant and birthing women and new babies based on reducing costs Surely we are more important than that. My personal opinion is that childbirth is dangerous. I can not understand the ideology of some home birthers but recognise that it is safe for low risk women usually.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-07-2013),Blossompossumxxxx  (14-07-2013),DJ Nette  (14-07-2013),VicPark  (15-07-2013)