+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default WHO'S HAD A 16 week scan?

My doctor says there is no need for one at 16 and to wait til 20

this is my third child and last pregnancy my son had a growth restriction and I am so paranoid about complications this pregnancy I was wondering if anyone had a scan at 16 weeks and for what reason??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did you have the nt scan at 12 weeks? There is no standard 16 week scan that I'm aware of.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never had a scan at 16 weeks with any of my kids
    My first I had 2 early dating scan, first one too early then the 20ish week scan than a few towards the end because if growth concerns & placenta

Second I had 20ish week one and then a quick one in ob office to check placenta

This pregnancy I had early dating scan, 20ish week then a quick one at 34 week to check if bubs was breech

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a scan at about 15 weeks in obs office, but not an official scan. I had my 20 week scan at 18 weeks then another at 20 weeks because of a bleed.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had scans weekly from 6 weeks to 32 weeks then fortnightly on, (formal scans) to check blood flow, growth and cervix.

I think it depends on your history and doctor to weather they will order more scans and how confident they are that there is a need.

Is this your ob or gp??

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob scanned at every appointment so I had one at 16 weeks in his office he just checks size and heart but I've never had a thorough scan at 16 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No never had a 16wk scan per say, they did scan when I had a cvs done but otherwise it was 12 and 20 weeks and I did have a couple around 32 wks due to placental concerns and breech baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a full early anatomy scan at 16 weeks for both my boys, as well as the 20 week anatomy scan.

My first baby was stillborn at 6 months due to a brain abnormality so my OB organized a referral for the 16 week scans. It's not something done for routine pregnancies as far as I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had a scan at 16 weeks but if you are really paranoid and stressed about it Im sure you could request it. It's not nice having these things play on your mind but its only 4 weeks difference to wait until your 20 week scan. Though if you really want it, ask for it

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I was paranoid thorough my whole pregnancy and booked a private gender scan at 16 weeks just so I could make sure everything was ok.