+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warming formula in microwave??????

Hi ladies
    I boil the kettle to use that water for her bottles. But once it cools I need to reheat once its feed time. Can I reheat in microwave??? I've been doing it in a cup of hot water but if I'm just heating the water before adding formula can I do it in microwave. It would just be quicker especially at night feeds. My bub is 4 weeks old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to heat it in the microwave for DD1. With DD2 I just didn't heat it. Used the water at room temperature - that's what I'd recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always use the microwave to heat bottles. I know they say not too because of heat spots but I think if you shake it well enough that shouldn't be a problem. I heat the water then add the formula as it mixes much better in the warm water and that way you shake it enough to disperse any hot spots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! This will make 3am feeds so much easier!!! Instead of waiting for it to heat in a cup!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sometimes just switch the jug back on to reheat, just for 20 or 30 seconds depending on how much water is in it. Otherwise I use the microwave :-)

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I heat all my bottles with the microwave. I boil the kettle in the morning. pour water into the bottles. I leave them out on the bench and When it's time for a feed I microwave for about 20 seconds. . add formula and shake.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't heat any of my bottles, did at first but then one day I didn't have access to a microwave so gave it at room temp and he didn't give a stuff. So he now gets them all at room temp and has been this way since 2 weeks old. So much quicker and easier, especially for those ñight feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I fill a thermos every night and use that for night feeds. Stays warm all night

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funnels View Post
    I don't heat any of my bottles, did at first but then one day I didn't have access to a microwave so gave it at room temp and he didn't give a stuff. So he now gets them all at room temp and has been this way since 2 weeks old. So much quicker and easier, especially for those ñight feeds.
    I'm jealous. .. dd used to take ebm at any temp but formula has to be hot hot hot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app