+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default very low lying baby?? :/

hi everyone im 18 weeks pregnant and im just wondering if i should be concerned about bub lying really low? like right above my pubic bone?ive been in quite a bit of pain this week.bub has been there for about a week (i know this because the dopler has picked up the heartbeat in this postion all week)has anyone ever had this or know if i should be worried?tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure. I'm 19 weeks with my 3rd baby & my baby is below my belly button & I'm pretty sure that's where your uterus should be. My baby moves & kicks anywhere between my belly button & public bone. I'm sure your gp would have said something if it wasn't normal to position the Doppler in that area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not sure what you mean? Baby is in a bubble of fluid so will just float around and be in lots of different positions until it grows bigger. Your uterus will be in the same general area than everyone else's at the same gestation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Special, my bubs is very low lying as well, at my last ultrasound (19 weeks) she had trouble getting scans of his head and was having to push just above my pelvic bone to try and move his head up, im guessing this is pretty normal as she didnt say otherwise , i am having alot of aches and pains in my hips and sides this week so im hoping this is his moving up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy82 For This Useful Post:

specialkay  (21-07-2013)