+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tips on Packing Up house and moving

So I'm about to start packing up our house and moving.
    I have 4 kids under 7yrs so I have toys!!
    As I'm packing I will be getting rid of some toys and clothes that are too small.
    And when I pack I want to organising the toys eg lego with lego, doll furniture together etc
    So I'm after other people's tips on packing up and moving.
    Any sought of ideas I would really appreciate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find packing the things least used to start with helps. Depending how close you are to move day even go further, just keep out enough plates, cutlery, towels, clothes etc for each person.

For toys and soft things (eg linen) I have used those striped bags from the cheap shop. They hold a fair bit and are handy, just don't overpack or weigh it down with heavy items as they will split

I'll try to think of more

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Def do a cull first. Hire a skip bin for the last few days of your cull. Then pack things like nick-nacks, summer clothes, kitchen/laundry/linen stuff you can do without, lastly pack essentials and pantry. Load things in that order too, so the essentials are easy to access. Label boxes really really well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this sounds dumb but every time I have moved I have left everything in my drawers and just taped them up! Saved me a whole heap of time not having to pack and un pack them

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    start with getting rid of everything not used/wanted/broken/ get the amount of stuff down to the minimum. First pack what is not used often, or in the next few weeks, pack away summer clothes?? kitchen things that arent used often. Get some packing cases from the removalists, and even some smaller cases if they have them. Try to pack a mix of heavy and light things, so the weight will be sort of even. I also recommend you label the boxes really clear, dont just write 'kitchen' or 'bedroom' but write a list of what is in the box. It is not easy packing a house, and esp with young ones, try not to stress, and just get something done each day, that will help you cope. good luck, Marie