+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The new Infasecure Comfi Caprice has a harness height of 42cm with padding, 44 without. It's the highest height markers out at the moment. Can you measure you son's seated height? (Bum to shoulder up against a wall). You can also harness passed the turn to booster line to the top slots as it has been safely tested with the top slots with a 32kg dummy.

Your son HAS to be in a 5 point harness until he is at least 4. H harnesses are illegal under the age of 4 and shouldn't be used with a full seatbelt, it's dangerous and a seatbelt is far safer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    We bought this one and he doesn't fit it properly :/
    I'm lost.
    We don't have much money so I can't buy a fandangle one again
    Maybe take him and the carseat into RAC (or similar) and see if they can have a look at it for you. Here in Tas, RACT checks car seat installation and fit free of charge, I assume a similar service is offered Australia wide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lost.
    The luxi caprice is an 0-8 seat, so because it's designed to fit many different ages it has low markers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try any of the infasecure convertible boosters. They have been tested as safe to use with the 5pt harness in the top slots (above the turn to booster line) up to 32kg. H harnesses are actually quite dangerous and are discourages unless you only have a lap belt, and a child that young really shouldn't be in a booster with adult seat belt because at that age, in a crash it can cause internal decapitation. It's best to keep children in the inbuilt 5pt harness for as long as possible.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugsandsnails For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    And the height markers are not legal requirements, check rta site it is all age based in regards to the laws,

The height markers on seats are new standards and show where the seats have been safety tested for use, from what i've read legally a 6 month old can use a forward facing seat even if bellow the height markers, it's just not safety tested (or at all safe)
    Actually, if you read the fine print on the RTA information, you'll see that it says the ages are an approximate guide. You should always follow the guidelines of the seat manufacturers as to which restraint you have your child in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (13-07-2013),NancyBlackett  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lost.
    Sell the 0-8 seat and buy a convertible booster. It is SO dangerous for a 2 year old to be in a booster seat, a 2 year old should still be RF if possible!

The Rallye (Infasecure) at Big W is $168 and they should be having their baby sale soon so it could be cheaper, and it'll keep your son safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my very tall 6 yr old harnessed in a babylove easy combo. She will easily fit in height-wise for another year. If you get another four years out of a new seat with a built-in harness that can then convert into a booster, it's pretty good value. I only purchased this for my kid about 3 months before her fourth birthday, by the way, as that's when I moved back to Australia from overseas. Every time she stays with relatives, she sits on an untethered booster and literally flies all over the backseat. She is not restrained properly by a seatbelt at all (and is not an active or naughty kid, either). I also just purchased a new rear-facing and forward-facing seat for my baby. There are several seats out there that simply are not tall enough to last a child 'til age 4. Unfortunately if you've purchased one of these, you do really just get stuck with making another purchase for your child. It's an investment. Keep your kid safe!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anninkc For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8mNzt...%3DCK8mNztqSIw

I would purchase a convertable booster seat and sell the 0-8 yr seat or contact Infa to discuss your dilema. They may say you can keep using the harness past the booster marker provided your child was under 32kgs.

A 2yr old should never be in a booster seat. Please watch this video
    Last edited by Itaricebubble; 13-07-2013 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Found one that he fits really well thank god!
    Babylove ezy combo
    Thanks for all the advice!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

F&A  (15-07-2013),MummaOJ  (15-07-2013)