+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charmamma View Post
    Actually an amnio will not determine "severity" of T21, there is no such thing. It can only say yes there or not. Just like there is no severity of female or male chromosomes, just is or isn't. If you are referring to mosaicism, that again does not mean that a person will be more or less affected by the extra genetic material necessarily. And her baby is still "fine" regardless of genetics.
    Oops, okay sorry I didn't realise that. I haven't been through this, just assumed and thought that would give op some comfort. I did genuinely think that they would give an indication - sorry op

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your support and sharing your experiences, we have (after long discussion) decided to go ahead with the amnio, 4 days wait 😁.

Lisa80 thank you for sharing your story, im sorry to hear your results werent what you had hoped for, hugs to you xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JanuaryBlueberry For This Useful Post:

Lisa80  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charmumma - thank you for the website, looks like it has tons of info to read which will be very helpful, also would be keen for that fb page name if it is confirmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, if you would like to chat with someone about what it's like to parent a child with Ds, please feel free to pm me. Best of luck with the amino next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no advice but wanted to say I hope the medical practitioners don't try to push you into anything. Follow your heart and what you feel is right and then everything will be okay. Wishing you all the best x

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, the wait for results is the worst. Do your research thoroughly. My son had trisomy 18 which is much worse than trisomy 21 and I found the medical practitioners were very negative and careful to not give me any hope. I researched and decided to give him a chance. Just make sure you come to your decision on your own, it's not their opinion that matters. Both choices are completely valid don't let anyone judge you.

Pm me if you would like to talk more.

Good luck I hope your results turn out for the best xo

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    OP, if you would like to chat with someone about what it's like to parent a child with Ds, please feel free to pm me. Best of luck with the amino next week.
    Thank you fox in sox, I will do that 😊 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Allymumtobe;7339119]Hi, the wait for results is the worst. Do your research thoroughly. My son had trisomy 18 which is much worse than trisomy 21 and I found the medical practitioners were very negative and careful to not give me any hope. I researched and decided to give him a chance. Just make sure you come to your decision on your own, it's not their opinion that matters. Both choices are completely valid don't let anyone judge you.

Pm me if you would like to talk more.

Good luck I hope your results turn out for the best xo

Thank you Allymumtobe, Im a nurse so very aware of how med practitioners can be, sometimes i think it hinders me knowing too much also!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JanuaryBlueberry For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 1:2 risk for T21 & 1:4 for T13&18 when I had my high NT result. I was meant to have an amino but bub passed away a few days prior so didn't have to go through that procedure.

I guess only you guys can decide. Write up a pro and cons list as to having it done or not.

The way I figured it out was yes I was going to keep bub no matter what so I wanted to know sooner rather then later what I was facing so I could be prepared prior to the birth as being a new mum is hard enough without the added stress of not knowing. Add to that you have another 25+ weeks of pregnancy to get through can you get through that with the added stress of wondering what or won't you be facing.

A GF of mine on the other hand had problems with scan with bad results. Had the amino and now knows there isn't actually anything wrong with bub. ATM it is just statistics not a certainty. So there is 17 chances out of 18 that things are going to be fine.

Feel free to PM me if you need to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    I had a 1:2 risk for T21 & 1:4 for T13&18 when I had my high NT result. I was meant to have an amino but bub passed away a few days prior so didn't have to go through that procedure.

I guess only you guys can decide. Write up a pro and cons list as to having it done or not.

The way I figured it out was yes I was going to keep bub no matter what so I wanted to know sooner rather then later what I was facing so I could be prepared prior to the birth as being a new mum is hard enough without the added stress of not knowing. Add to that you have another 25+ weeks of pregnancy to get through can you get through that with the added stress of wondering what or won't you be facing.

A GF of mine on the other hand had problems with scan with bad results. Had the amino and now knows there isn't actually anything wrong with bub. ATM it is just statistics not a certainty. So there is 17 chances out of 18 that things are going to be fine.

Feel free to PM me if you need to chat.
    Thank you clearcrystal, we are going ahead with it.... We would like to know now so if bubs does have T21 we can prepare ourselves for a life different to what we expected.....amnio this tues.... lets hope its not a long 3 days 😁