+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving to melbourne with a toddler

hi, our little family is moving to Melbourne from overseas. we'll be taking our 15months old daughter. i am not familiar with Australian healthcare practice. do we have to take the children to monthly check ups and vaccinations? if yes, where should we take them? GP,clinics, or pediatrician?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi - Melbourne is pretty big, where are you moving to and where are you coming from?

Monthly checks definitely not required! There are council child health nurses which are free and at that age you generally see them at 18 months then two years. Personally I don't see the value anymore and my 12 month visit was my last. The same places do vaccination clinics but your GP can do it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. We are from indonesia and still looking for a place maybe somewhere not too far from the city. Im interested in st kilda/brunswick.Oh and im just curious, does your doc ordered a screening for anemia at age 1?
    Last edited by AandBub; 12-07-2013 at 13:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both cool suburbs but opposite sides of the city.

No nothing like that is ordered as standard. There would have to be a reason to test for anaemia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    just wanted to suggest that if you're from Indonesia, it might be better off to live in St Kilda for you. Might be easier to access Asian food than Brunswick. But honestly I would suggest looking at Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley area as there's a bigger Asian community in these areas. Even Clayton and Carnegie area.
    If you are looking for somewhere nearer the city, then I'd stick with St Kilda area, it's easier to get to the city where you can shop at Laguna (Indonesian shop) which is at QV (corner of Russell and Lonsdale Streets).
    (I am Singaporean with Peranakan background)