+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default modern cloth nappies beginner

Hi,

I have a 19 month old daughter and am due with my second baby in Sept, I plan on using cloth full time for both of them. To get started and into a bit of a routine I have been using cloth on my daughter for day time, so far everything has been going well.

i have been using pea pods on her and I like them but find them rather bulky due to the tri-fold insert and also find the insert takes a long time to dry, I think they will be too bulky for a newborn.
    for my baby so far I have a set of bambino Mios and some baby beehinds AIO.
    i don't have a lot of money and things are about to get tighter as we are building a house, so far all my nappies have been second hand and the pea pods were half price at a closing down sale.
    what I want to know is if anyone can give me some recommendations on what brands to try next, what cheap brands are actually any good (I was using cheap ebay ones for my daughter when she was younger but they delaminated quickly
    so was pointless) and were to get good quality second hand nappies from.
    any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just waited for baby beehinds and itti bitti to have a sale and kept checking their clearance sections. I also picked up some second hand (never been used) on eBay. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

Jimberly  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get prefolds plus covers for your newborn and wait for itti bitti and bbh to have a sale

5. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

Jimberly  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use cheapies (pocket), itti bitti d'lish and lil puddins (pocket). I am in loooove with the lil puddins! Soft bamboo and super absorbant! The ittis are great too but can be very expensive. If you are on Facebook there is a page - buy and sell you mcns (modern cloth nappies) and itti bitti preloved buy swap sell. I have got a few off them pages and have been happy. Lil Puddins have a webpage also if you're interested in having a look. I haven't found the ones we use to be any 'bulkier' than a disposable.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Jimberly  (12-07-2013),thesmallestmeasure  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, so it seems the itti bittis and BBH are the way to go! BBH have their magic alls sized nappies 50% off on their website are they ok or are their OSFM better value for money? I have 4 of the sized ones I got second hand already. I've been looking at the itti bittis and wowsers they are pricey! What's a good price to pay for a second hand one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a plain coloured itti you can get them for about $10-$15 each. Prints are generally around the $25 mark unless they are sought after in which case people will charge (and pay) ANYTHING! I just bought a Galaxy and paid $35 plus postage. I saw one advertised yesterday for $75!!! Not sure if I would want my son pooping in that one!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Jimberly  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bentzmumma, I've been watching a couple of the ittis on eBay and have been so surprised at what some people pay! I'm finding with a lot of the second hand ones once you add postage it can be nearly as expensive as buying new. I'm in a regional area and not much choice for cloth here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Sometimes you may aswell spend that little extra and get brand new. I too was regional (have just moved). Nothing available in my town but I went to a baby market in a town nearby (shepparton) and found a few people selling cloth! That's where I discovered Lil Puddins. Keep an eye on the Itti webpage because they have really good sales every now and then. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try mumgo.com.au. You an get the "ones an twos" brand ones for $11.95. I have bought a few to start my
    Collection an they look good quality

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also ozsale has some bamboo cotton ones on there today! They are $17.95ea