+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tommee Tippee Miomee Humidifier...where to buy?

Hoping someone can help...as the title suggests I'm looking for the above humidifier.

I know I can get it online but I live in Perth & need it today and can't wait 5 days for it to arrive.

Has anyone seen one? I've tried chemists, baby shops to no avail...

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi VirgoMama

Is there a reason you are looking for that particular one? I have a Vicks humidifier as do all the mum's in my mothers group and we all love it. You can buy the Vick's one at most chemists.

I haven't heard or seen of the other one though, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi A2L, Thanks for your reply. I also have the Vicks vaporiser but my GP said years ago not to use it cause of mould etc & that they were unhealthy but I ignored him cause I knew so many mums that used it & recommended it.

I've used it for both my kids but now that I think abt it, it's never made a positive difference. My daughter has had a terrible cough after we all had bronchitis weeks ago (she's 1) but last night she was so bad & that was with the vaporiser on (I also did steam in bathroom, Vicks on feet, etc) so today I started researching.

There's so much negative feedback from the steam vaporisers & from what I read, I now think a cool mist humidifier would be more beneficial...especially to combat the dryness from the heating. The heat from aircon as well as the steam from a vaporiser which fills the room with condensation cant be healthy. It's just my opinion though. Like I said (and u) that a lot of people recommend the vaporiser. But I'm ready to try a humidifier...I just want to help my daughter get rid of this cough (which I think is now croup) & let us all have a peaceful nights sleep...It's been weeks!

I *think* the Tommee Tippee is new which is why it's hard to find. I think I will have to order it online so I have it next time. I went late night shopping tonight & couldn't find it anywhere!

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its one of those cold steam ones that don't burn, Chemart supply them here in Brisbane. I know you live in another state but hopefully you may have a Chemart there. I want to get one - they are $100 but I think it's worth it.
    I know you can get them from online store Lime Tree Kids but they are not the Tomme Tippee brand.
    Hope your little one gets better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VirgoMama View Post
    Hi A2L, Thanks for your reply. I also have the Vicks vaporiser but my GP said years ago not to use it cause of mould etc & that they were unhealthy but I ignored him cause I knew so many mums that used it & recommended it.

I've used it for both my kids but now that I think abt it, it's never made a positive difference. My daughter has had a terrible cough after we all had bronchitis weeks ago (she's 1) but last night she was so bad & that was with the vaporiser on (I also did steam in bathroom, Vicks on feet, etc) so today I started researching.

There's so much negative feedback from the steam vaporisers & from what I read, I now think a cool mist humidifier would be more beneficial...especially to combat the dryness from the heating. The heat from aircon as well as the steam from a vaporiser which fills the room with condensation cant be healthy. It's just my opinion though. Like I said (and u) that a lot of people recommend the vaporiser. But I'm ready to try a humidifier...I just want to help my daughter get rid of this cough (which I think is now croup) & let us all have a peaceful nights sleep...It's been weeks!

I *think* the Tommee Tippee is new which is why it's hard to find. I think I will have to order it online so I have it next time. I went late night shopping tonight & couldn't find it anywhere!

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond
    Ah, that makes sense. I actually didn't realise there was a difference between a vaporiser and humidifier, so that's good to know.

I have only used ours a couple of times and really just for sniffles / blocked nose and a bit of a cough but sounds like you need something more efficient for the likes of bronchitis.

I'd be interested to know if you find one what you think of it, I am in Perth also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you post if you find one, I'm in perth too & interested in one (but I wanna look at it in person first haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mumsrulz. We're heading back to the drs today & there's a chem-mart there so I'll check them out.

For the other Perthites, I'll make sure I post if I find one & how it works for us