+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Disappointed in friends

So 2 weeks ago I sent an SMS invite out for a playdate, which was meant to be happening tomorrow.

On tuesday I smsd again just asking to confirm so that I could buy nibblies.

I had 1 friend who's lost a family member and so understandably can't come.

Another who said she is, and then 2 others who never bothered to reply (including so called BFF).

So finally after chasing again, Noone else is coming.

I'm especially upset at BFF. A bit because her excuse was lame but also cause when she needs something or it's her kids parties, you must attend or else.. But this is like the 3rd time she isn't coming. She has school age kids + a 2 yr old. So the 2yr old would have had fun. I get the older kids are over it but man, I had to bring a 9month old to her kids' backyard disco-somehow I don't think my bub had fun then!

I guess this is just a bit of a vent. My dh is working away and since he left in April only 1 friend has visited me.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself but also know I'm being a bit precious too.

And coz we are moving at end of the year to join dh, everyone including BFF, says they'll come and visit. What a load of crock, you cbb now when we're 15 mind away so as if you'll fly across the continent to visit us then.

Just disappointed I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get disappointed if people dont answer my texts- I understand they wont be able to straight away but come on? I mean if you are important to them I cant understand it. I think in some friendships you just tend to invest more than the other person does, which always leads to disappointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel like that with our so called friends and we don't even have kids yet! It's only natural to be disappointed and frustrated I feel like we need to move on and find a new friend group but don't know where to start

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, I had a get together today and out of 12 invites only 3 turned up. nice. some didn't even get back to me. ill remember that next time THEY have a do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    yep, I had a get together today and out of 12 invites only 3 turned up. nice. some didn't even get back to me. ill remember that next time THEY have a do.
    It's just c.rap.
    My friend has 3 bday parties for her kid and I'm expected to go to all of them (I'm her god mother) yet she can't even visit once. I'm just over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    It's just c.rap.
    My friend has 3 bday parties for her kid and I'm expected to go to all of them (I'm her god mother) yet she can't even visit once. I'm just over it.
    honestly? don't worry about others. it's time to put yourself first. if you don't feel like going, then don't. i'm sick to death of trying to put other's feelings first when it's not returned. gives me the heebie jeebies. feels like nobody appreciates anything you do for them at times.