+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are entitled to feel the way you feel, the rest of us understood so don't be disappointed by one post. There are so many levels of grief, and different people grieve differently. You can't feel guilty for your feelings because of what someone else is going through. This is real for you, nobody should make you feel bad for that.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 12-07-2013 at 21:02. Reason: Ref to a deleted post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You will get over it because you have to. What's the alternative? Having your boy miss the unconditional love of a parent, and being incredibly miserable yourself? That's no way to live.

Once you have time to think of the positives of having 2 boys (sharing clothes, footy training partners, being buddies, cracking fart jokes together) you will smile again.

Boys rock and you will be a great mum to your two boys. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugsandsnails View Post
    Thank you to everyone else for the supportive comments. It really does help
    You shouldn't feel bad, you're human, its okay to have wants.
    Maybe it would help if you thought about how excited your first son will be to have a brother, and all the things they will have fun doing together?
    Hope it begins to get easier soon xx

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just a quick note to advise that some moderating of posts has taken place in this thread. The OP clearly asked for no negative comments so any negative posts (or those that quoted a negative post) have now been removed or edited.

To those who have contributed so far in a supportive and positive way, warm thanks to you

Eta - slugsandsnails, I have moved this thread to the Baby Gender section for you where all posts are required to be supportive.
    Best wishes,
    Biscotti
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 12-07-2013 at 21:17.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (13-07-2013),Mokeybear  (12-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You aren't alone so don't feel horrible at all. Many people hope for a certain gender and it can be hard to learn that you are having the opposite. A friend had boys aged 10, 7, 5, 3,1 and a half and then went for her last attempt for a girl.. She was told she was having twins and couldn't bare to find out the sex. They were both boys. She had 7 boys during her attempts to have a girl. Although she grieved again, she realised if she had a girl at any stage she wouldn't have met at least one of her boys - maybe more. She couldn't imagine her life without them which is how it would be have been if she got her girl. Maybe once you meet him you will be happier *hugs*

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 12-07-2013 at 21:24.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

lovebeingamommy  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I too am truly blessed with 2 boys.
    When I went for my scan (at 32 weeks) I was hoping for a girl, but found out it was another boy.
    I was sad at the thought of never having a girl (for the reasons you described), however now my 2nd little boy is the most beautiful child ever, I could't imagine life without him. DS1 and Ds2 are 2.5 years apart and seeing them play is the most heart warming thing.
    Boys do rock!!

PS: A Lady at my work and my cousin just found out they are having another boy, so it is very common!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have two beautiful boys and am 16wks pregnant. I'm hoping my bub is a girl because I know I'm going to be disappointed if it's a boy. I will love him though. But I won't be able to help What I feel. That's why I'm finding out in 3wks, so I can get used to the idea and can be upset without it affecting my bonding with baby at birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand where your coming from cause we initially wanted our first to be a girl but he's an awesome little boy and I wouldn't change that for the world. I am now 36 weeks pregnant with a girl. Initially wanted another boy for DS to have a brother and play rough with but you know, a girl can be just as rough and playful so I'm happy.

Sometimes I think we get a preconceived notion of what a girl ' should' act like. Maybe your dreams of helping with a wedding and then her baby may never have happened. For example, My mum had 3 girls, 1st DD was born with reproductive issues and can't have babies, 2nd DD married twice and had 2 kids but never asked for my mums help with either, 3rd DD (thats me) is a lesbian who doesn't plan to get married unless it becomes legal and is about to have a baby at 33 years old. If it was my mums dream to help her daughters with weddings and children than she didn't really get her wish.

I'm sure your feelings will change when your bub is born and you fall in love with him so don't stress for now. All the best hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I went for my scan for my 4th and final child, I cried when I found out it was another boy. I honestly just couldn't believe it.

And I still get pangs every now and then. But more for the thought of never being a maternal grandmother and always being the MIL when it comes to grandchildren. But it is true what they say. I wouldn't swap my boys for a million girls. I wouldn't change them for the world.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (13-07-2013),MummaJez  (13-07-2013)