+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    No judging here, I'm a SAHM and my boys are in a holiday program 2 days a week these holidays. I've never really used day care for my kids when they were little, tried it but they hated it so I gave up, plus cost has always been a factor.

I really don't get why it would be bad for a SAHP to use it full time when it's ok for a working parent...everyone harps on about how good it is for children (and I agree!) but when it comes to SAHP it's suddenly detrimental or not the *best*
    sorry but why on earth would a regular stay at home parent use full time daycare? Obviously if they are sick or struggling there are exceptions but in a regular situation that sounds a bit weird.. Do you still get to call yourself a stay at home parent?!? how much down time or time to clean and run errands does one possibly need? seems very odd to me. I work in the family welfare field, and the only time I have heard of a stay at home parent using full time daycare is when they cant cope day to day or it is not best for the child to be in the home environment full time. Usually my understanding is that people who consciously choose to stay at home full time do so because they believe it is beneficial for their children.
    Last edited by bigbum; 11-07-2013 at 11:07.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

KassMeow  (11-07-2013),snowqu33n  (11-07-2013),VicPark  (11-07-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So do FT working parents put their kids in long day care for 6 days a week so that the parents have 1 day at home without kids to do the house chores and relax?

(ETA I think it's great if some SAHP can afford a few days of childcare both for their own and their kids benefits. It seems like a great win win situation that benefits everyone)
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 11-07-2013 at 10:58.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Teehee, dd is at daycare today, I dropped her off wearing daggy trackies, and a 9 year old leavers jacket. (With my pj top underneath, gasp, the horror!!)

Judge away, I don't give a sh*t.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

babyla  (11-07-2013),beebs  (12-07-2013),bigbum  (11-07-2013),Boobycino  (11-07-2013),GirlsRock  (11-07-2013),Jakois  (11-07-2013),onionskin  (11-07-2013),snowqu33n  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I once dropped DD off in my PJs when I was on my way to hospital for surgery. Classiest Mum out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

I really don't get why it would be bad for a SAHP to use it full time when it's ok for a working parent...everyone harps on about how good it is for children (and I agree!) but when it comes to SAHP it's suddenly detrimental or not the *best*
    To the people who have asked this same question... Really?! Just think about it 0_o the mind boggles that anyone would think its ok for a sahp to use childcare full time. Working mums sure, because they NEED to. A sahp is fine to send a couple days but full time is a joke. It's not that it's detrimental to the child it's why on earth a stay at home PARENT would send their child to daycare full time while they were at home :/ a working parent needs to because you can't take your children to work. Why was the even questioned? A sahp is fine to send their child a day or two a week... But full time? Unless they couldn't look after them adequately...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KassMeow For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-07-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think SAHP's could use daycare fulltime? well...not unless they paid the full price? I had to give c/link my psych's letter to get my two little ones in for 2 full days p/w so I could go to therapy. This was 12 yrs ago mind you...so it's probably changed

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Imagine a life where you dont have anything else to worry about except for what other people are doing?

Man... Sounds blardy cushy.

Unfortunately i live in a much harsher reality where im just trying to survive! So no i dont give 2 sh1ts about what any other mum does or doesnt do!

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-07-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (11-07-2013),RipperRita  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am sahm, I put DS and DD into day care when they are 3-3,5 years old. They both go 5 days a week started with half day then full day. I feel guilty sometimes but I know right know it's better decision..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I wear those exact same sort of clothes only I'm not going to the gym, I'm coming back home to sit on the couch IN MY COMFY CLOTHES and chill out. I guess I am a slob (thanks BH for pointing that one out). I never ever notice what clothes other parents are wearing.
    What are you watching? I went to gym, took dd2 to get her needles, she's asleep and I'm going to watch some trashy tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it works for you and your family then go for it!