+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 started daycare at 18 months old. I worked full time and df was the sahp. He needed that 1 day to get stuff done though. The only problem was it was a sh!t centre so he didn't stay there to long.

When I was pregnant with ds2 and ds1 was about 2.5 he went to a new centre (I was the sahp then). Love, love, love it! We bumped him up to two days and it stayed like that till he started prep.

Ds2 started daycare at 15 months. We bumped him up to two days pretty quickly as MY kids adjust better with 2 days. He will be going 3 days starting next month as he starts prep next year and we are trying to get him used to more days away from home.

We had a horrible time with ds1 in prep and adjusting (he eventually repeated prep) and after talking to our doctor, the centre director, carers and ds1s prep teacher they all recommended ds2 attend 3 days. Fx it works how we hope it will.

I don't judge any parent who uses care. It would be pretty hypocritical of me if I did

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't judge.

I am having a lovely day care morning, coffee in peace, bubhubbing, washing done, kitchen clean and we all had a lovely morning walk to day care so exercise and fresh air taken care of too. I freaking love day care days, and I don't care who judges me.

Just wish the older two were at school today so I could have a real rest next week for that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah if I saw a parent dressed sloppy who was regularly dropping the kid off....
    I have been known to pickup and drop off in trackies, hoodie and sneakers or cleaning clothes because I don't feel it necessary to clean in jeans and a nice top or to change into another set of clothes just for daycare pickup......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Oh and the part about judging parents on what they are wearing at drop off, well that's possibly the shallowest thing I've ever read on the hub... And that's saying something!
    Well I've got a 5yo, 2yo on daycare 2 days a week and I wear "sloppy" clothes all the time. Today I dropped them off and I was wearing a pair of track suit pants, a stripy hoodie and trainers I would get judged for being a slob when in fact I'm dressed for the gym as I go straight there after drop off!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (11-07-2013),SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well I've got a 5yo, 2yo on daycare 2 days a week and I wear "sloppy" clothes all the time. Today I dropped them off and I was wearing a pair of track suit pants, a stripy hoodie and trainers I would get judged for being a slob when in fact I'm dressed for the gym as I go straight there after drop off!
    I wear those exact same sort of clothes only I'm not going to the gym, I'm coming back home to sit on the couch IN MY COMFY CLOTHES and chill out. I guess I am a slob (thanks BH for pointing that one out). I never ever notice what clothes other parents are wearing.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (11-07-2013),MrJones&Me  (11-07-2013),mummtime101  (11-07-2013),SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

Surely you must be mistaken, you weren't going to work but instead to do something for yourself tsk tsk tsk

Thanks
    Reviews
    no problem with it what so ever. I think daycare can be really good for my kids. The ONLY thing that gets on my nerves is when stay at home mums act like they are better parents because "I want to stay home and be the one to actually raise my child" (or some variation of this offensive statement) but then they use childcare of some form. hypocritical.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Oh and the part about judging parents on what they are wearing at drop off, well that's possibly the shallowest thing I've ever read on the hub... And that's saying something!
    Amen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would guess that if women are being nasty to you about your choice it may come from a place of jealousy. I do think sometimes that I wish I could get a whole day out a week.. but its not affordable for us.. I kind of see any time that I get to clean and run errands on my own as a luxury these days but thats my life and my choices, its hardly anyone elses problem, and its not MY problem what other mothers do. It also might possibly be because in some areas childcare is kind of scarce.. there is a priority system for working mums, but im not sure if it gets followed regularly.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No judging here, I'm a SAHM and my boys are in a holiday program 2 days a week these holidays. I've never really used day care for my kids when they were little, tried it but they hated it so I gave up, plus cost has always been a factor.

I really don't get why it would be bad for a SAHP to use it full time when it's ok for a working parent...everyone harps on about how good it is for children (and I agree!) but when it comes to SAHP it's suddenly detrimental or not the *best*