+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Fair point if we are only talking about full time care.

I work three days though and can't get into daycare near my home even though a girl from my mothers group got a spot and she doesn't work. That's wrong.
    See that's the sort of stuff you should be reporting!

You should all check out Beverly Hills Nannies (foxtel show) it's full of those women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have written to my MP and she has written to the Mayor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think the issue here isn't really who is more deserving it's about the need for more places. Theoretically a mother putting her kids in 5 days a week while at home is parting with a lot of money and would be getting much less CC subsidies that a woman working f/t.

As I said, I support working parents getting first dibs on spots, but that's bc the places are often so scarce. At the end of the day whether the child has a working or SAH parent, their place is being paid for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm starting my Dd back in daycare this Thursday! She will be 3 tomorrow, Her speech therapist said it will help but not sure how she will settle she is very clinging and even dropping in forms she didn't want to go in! SAHM's need a break sometimes to refresh have a day to ourselves and They have lots of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ill judge the rich lady with a nanny... Sounds like an ungrateful spoilt tw*t.
    Why? Why is she ungrateful or spoilt? Beebs didn't say anything about her that would tell you that.

I don't see any difference between someone choosing to work when they don't need to, or choosing to spend time doing charity lunches. Both are people choosing to spend their week doing things they enjoy, and having their children in daycare / with a nanny. One is not more worthy than the other.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Why? Why is she ungrateful or spoilt? Beebs didn't say anything about her that would tell you that.

I don't see any difference between someone choosing to work when they don't need to, or choosing to spend time doing charity lunches. Both are people choosing to spend their week doing things they enjoy, and having their children in daycare / with a nanny. One is not more worthy than the other.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    To me the difference is, if you're working you're out in the world. Every job has small annoyances, tasks that one would rather not perform, colleagues (or children!) who sh!t you. If you're a 'lady who lunches' you have pretty much eliminated every minor annoyance possible in life. *most* people who live like that are pretty intolerant and intolerable. That's what I judge them for, getting rid of anything that would be the slightest trial in their lives.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I am a judgey mcjudge.....

I have no problem with kids of STAP's (mum/dad/both), going to day care 1-2 days per week.

But if I see them there more & I see the parents drop them off but dressed really sloppy etc I judge...

I hate seeing people sloppy & not working. I know they could be sick or a million other reasons but it bothers me...

So basically my judgey view is: dressed sloppy/scrubber 1-2 days per wk
    Cleanly/neatly dressed, obviously care for your appearance - I don't judge as harshly...

So I know it's not right to judge but I do
    Some days I drop my eldest son (almost 5) at daycare (he goes 2 days a week) in tracksuit pants, t-shirt, birkenstocks, hair scraped up in bun, no make up. Then I go home and work all day. I'm a solicitor but work from home some days.

In saying that, I am going to put him in a 3rd day as I need some respite from him. He's incredibly challenging (defiant, aggressive, anxious, hyperactive). On that third day, I will hang out at home with my 9 month old, which, compared to looking after them both, is like a holiday.

I wonder if some people who put their kids in daycare who don't work, are not actually lazy, but really struggling. Until I had a difficult child, I didn't understand the depths of despair you can experience as a parent, and daycare is probably a better option than strangling your child.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

1234Guest  (13-07-2013),RipperRita  (12-07-2013),SugarSkull  (12-07-2013),twotrunks  (13-07-2013),VicPark  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dunno, she didn't inherit her money, she worked in Stocks or some such in Hong Kong she met her husband there, they both did the same thing and were multi millionares by the time they retired at 30, they then retired and moved back to Australia where they bought a mansion, knocked it down and built a new one in its place. Then the husband died of terminal cancer at 33.

Is she still spoilt? She earned her own money and her husband died.

See - you just never know what is going on with someone.

I would like to point out that I don't know anyone who puts their kids in childcare 5 days a week for no reason. I just don't think you can judge people without knowing their full story.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a couple that had their son in five days a week. They were in their 40s when he was born & when he was a few months old they came to the conclusion they were too old to go through raising a child again. Off to daycare he went.

Neither of them worked & as the poor kid got older they just kept giving him more things to entertain himself with - at 18 months he had a TV & DVD player in his room and was encouraged to spend as much time in there as possible.

He's now a very messed up 10 year old who is desperate for love & affection, but gets treated like an inconvenience all the time. My heart breaks for him.