+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I am really surprised how upset people get over the child care situation of others. I get it if your waiting on a place but if random strangers are paying a professional to look after their children is it really anyone's business. My problem at the moment is I will be working from home part time after bubs is born so I am thinking about occasional care for starters, a couple of half days in family care if I can wrangle it then maybe permanent days a couple times a week. My partner doesn't get that just because I work from home doesn't mean I am a full time stay at home parent and if I don't bring in at least a part time wage eventually we will never pay off credit cards or get a head in life. I don't care what others think of my choices but its hard when family judges you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdk For This Useful Post:

Smartie  (11-07-2013),SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know any SAHP who use care full time....seems very odd to me!

I totally understand a mum having to work full time & use day care full time. I respect that, if hate it. But I know for some families, sometimes there no alternative and the money is needed. It's very selfless. Especially as I'm sure they would love to be at home with the kids more.

What would the SAHP do all day with the kids in full time care? How boring.
    Everyone talks about how being a mum is the best job on earth, why would you not want to do it?

I'm home with my DD 7 days a week and loving it! We do activities and attention a mothers group though.

However, it's acceptable to put the kids in daycare 1-2 days if you don't work in my opinion. It's probably good for them

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    I hope I have read this wrong but are you honestly arguing that a woman who works full time is the same as a woman who doesnt work or study at all, and also doesnt have her children in her care the majority of the time?..
    Ummm no lol Maybe I've worded my posts badly but I'm confused where you got that from. I've said that I understand a working parent getting priority over a partnered SAHP. What I'm saying is that someone said working women should get the choice of days bc they have to work. I'm arguing just as it's a choice for SAHM so it is for *some* women a choice to work. Just here on the forum I've read lots of women say they don't have to work but want to for stimulation and extra pocket money for themselves. That's not "needing" to work in the true sense. Doesn't mean I don't support that, nor that I don't think they should get DC places. Just that if we are basing right to a place on need, then according to this rule should they not get a place? Is a woman that works 2 days a week for a few extra bucks needing a place more than a single mother with no support?

Is that clearer?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-07-2013),bigbum  (11-07-2013),Guest654  (12-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (11-07-2013),VicPark  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Ummm no lol Maybe I've worded my posts badly but I'm confused where you got that from. I've said that I understand a working parent getting priority over a partnered SAHP. What I'm saying is that someone said working women should get the choice of days bc they have to work. I'm arguing just as it's a choice for SAHM so it is for *some* women a choice to work. Just here on the forum I've read lots of women say they don't have to work but want to for stimulation and extra pocket money for themselves. That's not "needing" to work in the true sense. Doesn't mean I don't support that, nor that I don't think they should get DC places. Just that if we are basing right to a place on need, then according to this rule should they not get a place? Is a woman that works 2 days a week for a few extra bucks needing a place more than a single mother with no support?

Is that clearer?
    I was the one who said that working and studying parents should get preference of days because OFTEN these parents so not get any choice as to what days their employer needs them to work/what days their classes are. I think it's ridiculous to even compare this to a sahp who can choose which day to send their child to suit their own schedule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

Is that clearer?
    oh yeah that makes sense lol. I didnt read the comment you were replying to. I guess it would be difficult for the government to determine who is returning to work for true financial need vs personal/emotional reasons.. but they probably dont care, as my guess their only interest is in what is best for the economy/workforce. However, I think that child care rebate/benefit is means tested so people on very high incomes aren't eligible? I could be wrong about that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally wouldn't do it but I don't care if stay at home parents put there kid in day care 1-2 days a week. I do think it's wrong for a stay at home parent to put their child into full time daycare Monday-Friday all day without any exceptional circumstances.

In saying that I wouldn't put my child into daycare while being a SAHM ; I only have 1 child and she's an infant. But I still don't see it changing. When I go back to work. And I'm only going back 2 days a week so mum will have her on the weekday and DH on the weekend. So I'm lucky not to HAVE to send my child to daycare but I still wouldn't send them by choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    oh yeah that makes sense lol. I didnt read the comment you were replying to. I guess it would be difficult for the government to determine who is returning to work for true financial need vs personal/emotional reasons.. but they probably dont care, as my guess their only interest is in what is best for the economy/workforce. However, I think that child care rebate/benefit is means tested so people on very high incomes aren't eligible? I could be wrong about that though.
    I think you're right that they don't care about why someone wants to work, they just want people to work.

CCR is not means tested but CCB is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    No judging here, I'm a SAHM and my boys are in a holiday program 2 days a week these holidays. I've never really used day care for my kids when they were little, tried it but they hated it so I gave up, plus cost has always been a factor.

I really don't get why it would be bad for a SAHP to use it full time when it's ok for a working parent...everyone harps on about how good it is for children (and I agree!) but when it comes to SAHP it's suddenly detrimental or not the *best*
    From the perspective of a FT working parent, I do think daycare is beneficial regardless, but if I had the choice (I don't, I can't afford not to work), I would only use it a couple of days a week. I just do not see why any SAHP would NEED to put them in full time.

Though if they're the type of people to do that then the child is most likely better off in the care of staff at daycare anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A full time sahp would only get 24-48 hours ccb and no ccr in most circumstances. So it would cost them a fortune to send their child full time. I doubt they would do it if they didn't feel it was needed for whatever reason.
    It's no ones place to judge.
    I personally have only ever known of 1 person to do it and I'm pretty sure she had PND. It's not like child care centres are full of kids everyday who's mums are at home having 'me time'.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mel04 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you can still get ccr and ccb for the first 12 months of maternity leave. I'll be keeping my toddler in care up to 3 days per week when #2 arrives. If I don't go back to work and no longer get ccr or ccb then I'd still plan to keep him in care for at least one day a week until he starts kindy (preprep) if I could afford it. My son goes to family day care though so not too expensive.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app