+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not working but sending your child to daycare

I don't see what is wrong with sending your child to daycare 1 or 2 days a week even if your not working. It's great for interaction with other kids , and they Learn different things to what they would at home everyday. People seem to have a problem with me sending my child to care even though I'm not doing anything .. Obviously I do chores and shopping ect when my DD is in care so it's not like I'm sitting around all day , and even if I do who are they to judge .. I can afford it and I also get CCB from centrelink due to the fact I am on a low income

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smartie For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2013),Lalasmooch  (25-11-2013),mushiedaina  (11-07-2013),SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it works for you and your family is happy, who really cares what anyone else thinks?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is in daycare 2 days a week and I don't work. I'm currently pregnant with #2 but he has been in daycare for 6 months now. There's no way I'd take him out of daycare. He has developed in leaps and bounds! He's talking, putting sentences together, singing and he just started playing with the other kids the other day which is huge.
    I don't care if people judge me or not. It's nice having those two days to do things around the house and I love that he's around other kids and learning : )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

missymoo9  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been judged ever since I put DD into care at 12mths and it's taking its toll.. I have been put down for it and I'm not going to stop doing it but wondered what other mothers think of it
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 11-07-2013 at 02:23. Reason: Removal of deleted quote

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do it. I'm studying now but when I wasn't working he still went. I enjoyed me time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I send DS to daycare every chance I get if I have a day off work. I did this Monday and got heaps done. At xmas time DH and I got a chance to go to movies during the day while DS was at daycare. We choose holiday spots based on where there are childcare facilities (not to dump him the whole time but to give us a day or two to ourselves). I'll be going on maternity leave soon so DS will stay in daycare 3 days a week.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD is in full time because I work, but I don't see any problem with parents doing what you are doing. I think it's great for kids! My DD loves it there, she's there so much that it is of course like her other home. I actually wish I'd sent DS to daycare, he really would have benefited.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is two days per week & 20mo...
    People judge me for putting her in, but I don't care anymore.. she is learning heaps & really enjoys herself!
    Made me a super cute mothers day gift (i bet none of them got a hand made card!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trying4no2 For This Useful Post:

Smartie  (11-07-2013),SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds goes 2 afternoons a week and has for nearly a year now. I don't work and pregnant with dd so will probably end up going for 2 full days by the end of the year. If you can afford to send your child to daycare for a few days a week who cares! Your child needs the interaction and needs to learn to cope without you.....also do it for your sanity!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD (almost 3) and DS (4) have both been going to daycare 2 days a week for almost a year and before that I had a nanny that looked after them 2 days a week and I don't work (I went back for a short time but it didn't work out, another story). I suffered bad PND after the birth of my children so I rely on those 2 days off to keep myself balanced (exercise, read a book, go for a walk etc, not to mention do a food shop, clean the house etc). I never realised people might be judging me for it though.... No one has ever said anything.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-07-2013)