Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out. AF arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
    Can I ask have you been trying a while? Maybe my doctors were doing the whole "it hasn't been 12 months or even 6 months" thing. I'm not too concerned about infertility as I've only just started trying but more concerned with general hormonal imbalance. I have many symptoms of estrogen dominance- anxiety, bad pms, fluid retention, foggy thinking, hair loss etc. The last doctor pretty much put it down to affects of anxiety and being a woman!!
    This is our 3rd month trying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky33 View Post
    I'm out. AF arrived.
    sorry to hear, for August

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebedayz View Post
    This is our 3rd month trying...
    We're similar then. It's my 2nd month. When I think about it though we've probably dtd at the right time and not fallen pregnant about 4 times (miscalculating ovulation).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
    We're similar then. It's my 2nd month. When I think about it though we've probably dtd at the right time and not fallen pregnant about 4 times (miscalculating ovulation).
    I was only on the pill for our first year of marriage and miraculously never fell pregnant...then started trying 2 years later and still didn't fall. After 6 months I said to a doctor (usual was o/s) that I thought my hormones were out and they gave me an adolescent birds and bees talk - she must have thought I was a few cans short of a six pack. She actually laughed at me when I suggested it. Another 4 or so months later and went back to our doctor and she sent me for bloods straight away to find that I had not been ovulating due to a hormonal imbalance. My mother and I are not close and it wasn't until I was going for a lap another year and a half or so later that I mentioned to her about our ttc problems and she revealed that they had only fallen on clomid for their first...this would have been handy to know! (I had already had several rounds of clomid though)
    My subsequent pregnancies piggy-backed onto the previous one's hormones, but that all diminished very quickly after our last mc. After putting on 8kg REALLY quickly I took myself off to the doctors for more bloods/scans which revealed my inbalance was back, ovaries were cystic again, insulin resistance had returned with vengence and I had high cortisol levels.

It REALLY doesn't hurt to have bloods done. But I have also had the problem of convincing doctors that it was necessary. Hope you get one that listens soon. Where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree it doesn't hurt to have bloods done - if your doc refuses then I would find another doc. I had my AMH, progesterone, thyroid etc all tested and DH's sperm tested all before contacting a Fertility Clinic. All our tests were perfect - actually beyond perfect. I think I got these tests done after 6 months trying and we had a 13 month old baby already so clearly shouldn't be infertile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had an appt with my Fertility Clinic and we are trying naturally this cycle before doing another IVF cycle if we get a BFN. This will be how we roll from now on lol. Moving on to August...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am trying to decide whether to see a naturopath for advice on TTC. I'm worried about maybe wasting money on herbs and supplements when I might get preg without them. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with naturopaths?

I just turned 35 and we've been trying around 12 months, but to be honest we have struggled to DTD more than once or twice per cycle so I think we might need to just put in more effort (?!) My GP isn't worried and thinks we need to give it a proper go for six more months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky33 View Post
    I'm out. AF arrived.
    sorry sky

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Sky33  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sky - i know nothing about Naturopaths but do know they can be $$$. Maybe try timing your BDing to get best chance of BFP? Charting OV etc?

Mumsical - All the best for August!

Me: day 2 of OPK. Results are identical to yesterday. Is it meant to be lighter? The same? i have no idea!

Top one is CD9 (yest) and bottom one is CD 10 today. Does this mean i haven't OV yet? I'm confused. I've had pain for the last 3 days so thought i OV'd for sure already.

photo.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaOfPrincessX2 For This Useful Post:

Sky33  (16-07-2013)