Closed Thread
Page 58 of 132 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Thanks hun. I have but she just can't seem to help herself. She likes to keep giving out her name suggestions we have totally different styles in names and she just likes to have her say being the control freak she is lol.
    New tactic, pick a truly atrocious name and tell her you're using that instead now!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (24-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh goodness me. I especially feel for poor Quayara...what on earth?!?! The mind boggles.
    I know right! I wish I was making these up...

Quote Originally Posted by Luanajo View Post
    My DS name is Timothy and my own mother said to me 'it's not somthing I'd have named any of my children you know, i think I picked on a Timothy at school too'... No mum, but you named me luana-jo -_-..

I don't think there's anything wrong with Timothy, but others may not like it, there's still no need to be rude about it lol
    DS has a normal name. It's not super common but I hear it around every now and then and I think its getting more popular now. DH's parents, upon learning his name, said "Oh. Well, we thought you'd give him a normal name, like John "

So I guess they hate it. They also hate his nickname we use. Oh well!! It upset me at the time (like 6 hours post birth, I was NOT happy), now I don't care what they think. We love it, and we have had lots of compliments (even from little old ladies!).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    New tactic, pick a truly atrocious name and tell her you're using that instead now!
    Hahahaha I just might do that!!

The name is C.lementine. She thinks it's far too long yet our own sister's name is A.lexandra which is just as long?! Apparently C.lementine is a terrible name yet I have heard so many positives when I mention it to others?

I understand it isn't to everyones taste but that is what makes the world interesting, differences! Could be calling her much worse I think....like 'W.ednesday' as she suggested...lol
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 24-08-2015 at 15:14.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I get little old ladies telling me 'oh you don't hear that very often anymore, what a beautiful name'
    I don't really care what my mum thinks as she did name me 'luana-jo' my sister 'Theresa brown' and my brother 'Logan xavier' (from x men) hahaha I think I have a pretty tame name.

Although if I had a daughter her name has been mentioned here as a not so very liked name hahaha ohwell, not everyone likes everything the same

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luanajo For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend with a Jaymz

My cousin is Jaymes

I don't see why change JAMES but each to their own.

When I was barely 18 I had my first daughter, her name is Mia, but stupid 18 year old me added a H to the end of it and she hates it and I will forever regret it, she's constantly having to tell people it's Mia with a h, she gets Calle Myer, Maia etc
    Drives her nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

The name is C.lementine. She thinks it's far too long yet our own sister's name is A.lexandra which is just as long?! Apparently C.lementine is a terrible name yet I have heard so many positives when I mention it to others?

I understand it isn't to everyones taste but that is what makes the world interesting, differences! Could be calling her much worse I think....like 'W.ednesday' as she suggested...lol
    The name you picked was awesome! What the frick was she thinking with her suggestion? It's barely one syllable less and only one letter less!

Quote Originally Posted by Kissesforfive View Post
    I have a friend with a Jaymz

My cousin is Jaymes

I don't see why change JAMES but each to their own.

When I was barely 18 I had my first daughter, her name is Mia, but stupid 18 year old me added a H to the end of it and she hates it and I will forever regret it, she's constantly having to tell people it's Mia with a h, she gets Calle Myer, Maia etc
    Drives her nuts
    I'm just curious, have you considered officially changing it if that's what she wants? Like, if she really wants the H taken off, she doesn't have to wait till she's 18 to do it if you're willing to do it for her.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (24-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Horrible baby names

Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 24-08-2015 at 18:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Horrible baby names

We named our daughter the same, it's an awesome name ☺️

I genuinely don't get how you can't like the name!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    The name you picked was awesome! What the frick was she thinking with her suggestion? It's barely one syllable less and only one letter less!

I'm just curious, have you considered officially changing it if that's what she wants? Like, if she really wants the H taken off, she doesn't have to wait till she's 18 to do it if you're willing to do it for her.
    I'm more than happy to do this for her, but she's confused and can't decide if she wants too because then begins the correction of everyone we already know who spells it correctly, it's a hard decision, she's nearly 13 so she's been using this spelling for a long time now, if she approaches me and asks of course I won't deny

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kissesforfive For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    clementine has always been on my list of girls names. I think it's lovely

18. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post: