Closed Thread
Page 56 of 132 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I have a friend who called their kid Hurley....it is awful. Like vomit but trendy vomit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    I have a friend who called their kid Hurley....it is awful. Like vomit but trendy vomit
    I actually like that name. It was on our list for DS1...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I called my youngest Memphis, my grandmother couldn't stop telling me how horrible it was and for a good 2 months only ever referred to him as the baby, even in the congratulatory card she sent me she wrote "I'm sorry but I just don't like his name"
    We had a lot of mixed reactions to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's awful when people think they've got a right to give you their opinion on a name you've chosen for your child. it's your kid, not theirs, so be damn polite and say nothing of you can't say anything nice! annoys me so much!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (23-08-2015),MrsTugs  (08-05-2016),SAgirl  (23-08-2015),smallpotatoes  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Like you kissesforfive, my dh's grandmother said 'oh dear, there's still time to call her Lucy.'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissesforfive View Post
    I called my youngest Memphis, my grandmother couldn't stop telling me how horrible it was and for a good 2 months only ever referred to him as the baby, even in the congratulatory card she sent me she wrote "I'm sorry but I just don't like his name"
    We had a lot of mixed reactions to it.
    That's horrible! I made a point of saying things like "that's an interesting name!" instead of "that name is godawful!". That being said, I don't see anything wrong with Memphis...now if it was Memmfuss, we'd be having a different conversation!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We heard "that's an interesting name" a lot which I didn't mind at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad's mum hated my name... and insisted called me my middle name.. my first name is normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Horrible baby names

My son doesn't have an unusual name, for the UK it's pretty common but has a bit of a posh label so I did worry people would think we were tryhards, Australia it is becoming more common, there's definitely another hubber that's used it. But in the US it's pretty uncommon and they associate as more a 'Latin' name. When I was pregnant we used to call DS 'DH Jr' (ie his name) and when DS was born and we told my parents his name they said 'oh. We liked DH Jr better' 😳. Then when they were talking to MIL they said 'oh I guess it's similar to such and such name and we could call him that for short.' No. Just no. If we wanted him called that we would have named him that! 😡. Wtf? Why was it necessary to even comment?! His name isn't even weird!!!!!! It's only 4 letters as well so it doesn't really need to be shortened!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    My son doesn't have an unusual name, for the UK it's pretty common but has a bit of a posh label so I did worry people would think we were tryhards, Australia it is becoming more common, there's definitely another hubber that's used it. But in the US it's pretty uncommon and they associate as more a 'Latin' name. When I was pregnant we used to call DS 'DH Jr' (ie his name) and when DS was born and we told my parents his name they said 'oh. We liked DH Jr better' 😳. Then when they were talking to MIL they said 'oh I guess it's similar to such and such name and we could call him that for short.' No. Just no. If we wanted him called that we would have named him that! 😡. Wtf? Why was it necessary to even comment?! His name isn't even weird!!!!!! It's only 4 letters as well so it doesn't really need to be shortened!
    Luca?
    Theo?
    Hugo?
    Milo?
    Otis?
    Jack?
    Toby?

sorry you gave quite a few clues and if got my brain going 😂