Closed Thread
Page 41 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really dislike all variations of the name Tahlia, but recently saw a new spelling that took the cake. Tarhlea. Just why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A woman on a local buy, swap, sell page was trying to give away the room letters from her daughter's room. I don't think she'll have many people looking for the same name - Teyahlee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    A woman on a local buy, swap, sell page was trying to give away the room letters from her daughter's room. I don't think she'll have many people looking for the same name - Teyahlee
    Hahaha...oh gosh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    I really dislike all variations of the name Tahlia, but recently saw a new spelling that took the cake. Tarhlea. Just why?
    My eldest daughters name is Tahlia but, it is that exact spelling. I love traditional spellings. I don't know why people feel the need to change the spelling. It kinda takes away the beauty of a name.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (17-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the name Tahlia - I used to volunteer with kids and meet a lovely little girl named Tahlia. Spelled the normal way, except pronounced "ta-lee-ya" short 'ta', emphasis on the "lee", short "ya". Why?? Why give your kid a perfectly nice, normal name, spelled correctly and then go "aw, nah let's go eewneek and say it different. That'd be heaps good, ay!". Anyway, rant over! Lol

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (17-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (16-08-2015),Kimmmm  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    On the name Tahlia - I used to volunteer with kids and meet a lovely little girl named Tahlia. Spelled the normal way, except pronounced "ta-lee-ya" short 'ta', emphasis on the "lee", short "ya". Why?? Why give your kid a perfectly nice, normal name, spelled correctly and then go "aw, nah let's go eewneek and say it different. That'd be heaps good, ay!". Anyway, rant over! Lol
    I know right? lol it's like calling a bike a bikkay

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (17-08-2015),Frankenmum  (16-08-2015),Gracie's Mum  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get celebrities. Like Kimye's poor kid North West...I thought that was a joke when I first heard that...oh and Lara Bingle and Sam Worthington call their kid Rocket Zot....what the ***** is wrong with people lol...there's gonna be a whole generation of kids with name issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahaha exactly!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for butting in but I couldn't agree more with you all, I heard a baby's name the other day 'Van' whatever happened to Sarah and James and Jessica etc haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I used to know if a total nut job who had the same name. I once by accident pronounced it the usual way and she cut sick and yelled at me "it's TA-lee-ya!!"

weirdo.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (17-08-2015)